• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok guys

luigi i drink 4-5 litres a day lol...

and to all the haters dont be silly you dont need doctors to tell you not to eat too many eggs you should only eat them for the protein anyway and while you can part everything else in it from the protein(the carbs and fat=yolk) do it who would eat concentrated food over isolate would you eat steak without trimming the fat?

as for the fruit yes fructose turns into glucogen but there arent MANY carbs in fruit only some fruit are high in carbs. anyway like i said watch the fruit you eat wtih the carbs in them so you eat minimal carbs to perform at your max

and as for the sugar you shouldnt eat any sugar only post workout for insulin spikes dextrose or maltodextrin is 105 GI both are Biologically even dextrose

you shouldnt eat many carbs because its unncessary and your silly mate all you guys its like cycling testosterone or using steroids your giving your body an abundance of something synthetically which causes the body to stop producing it so you cycle yes with carbs its different your causing your body to always be producing insulin from the high sugar blood count so you dont SPIKE duh. one could argue that a high carb diet is leads to diabeties as smoking leads to cancer why do you think people have diabeties they exhaust their body of insulin how? eating too much sugar then how do you treat it? they take something called glucose what does glucose do? insulin spike guys i dont have to argue with anybody i know more than enough not to have to aruge about the negative of high carb diets. you know how many guys i was told by you cant grow and burn fat at the same time and that you cant grow without eating carbs they were wrong...im just offering my advice ive read alot and researched alot ive never listened to nobody and mate instead of disrespecting my input or advice if you will just say thanks and ignore it like i did because the best way to learn is to educate yourself and experiment however from the sounds of it youve been experimenting and its not working(dont ask what makes me insinuate that) and your asking for advice...how about do some research i give my advice cuz somebody needs it that is all bro. but i recommend to just educate yourself im not offended by anyone here if they think i dont know what im talking about simply google.

let me show you guys some pictures of me that were 12-16 weeks after i started working out. i was pretty small back then.

Not trying to disrespect you mate, I actually do appreciate any input/advice that anyone has to give including yours.

As for experimenting, yes I have tried a few different things lately to help try find whats best for me, tried CKD because a mate over-hyped it to the max, but I beleive your continually learning so should never stick to one idea as you could always be doing something better.

As for not working, I weighed 70kg before I started lifting (approx 2 years ago), have been as high as 95kg and strength has increased hugely.

You say those pics are from 12-16 weeks after you started, do you have any recent pics so we can see your gains? Think I could probably talk for most in saying wed be interested to see gains?

Cheers

Your diet look fine to me as well if dont have any milk put in 200ml of yogart.

Out of interest gymrat, what type of yoghurt do you eat?

In the way of yohurt that I eat is blueberry yoghurt or any other yoghurt with fruit in it.

hey guys

i dont have any new pics parents have my camera in china atm but ill take some as soon as they get back i guess...or maybe ill try take some on the webcam ill see what the webcam shots are like neverthe less i had to reduce those photos and lost so much quality as the limit is 256kb so i might get some webcam ones...

holden i wasnt trying to critisize your diet i was just saying theres an alternative. for a high carb diet its a good diet all good foods no white grain all whole grain and low GI power foods and your getting enough protein definately. and yeah your having only 3 yolks a day apparently? so thats not bad but im just saying mate that there is an alternative to carbs carbs are good probly the best source of energy as its not wasted however every food as a purpose but for body building lifestyle eating 5-6 meals a day it can be damaging to it.foods like brown rice oats beans and stuff eating too many of that can be bad on the body not only what i was saying before about insulin spikes but let me tell you another thing..legumes are probly one of the best power foods as well this means BEAANS PEANUTS LENTILS ETC i was eating a bowl of lentils everyday and its one of the BEST FOOD on earth period one of those foods that are low gi high carb high protein full of vitamins n minerals got heaps of gluitamine and bcaas in it but as with everything too much of a good thing is bad i found out from my parents that eating too much of it too often as i was exhausts your body of its digestive enyzmes and you lose control of your mmm gases and i started getting problems after eating it for about a month at the gym without realizing that its not just embarrassing its that its a serious health issue. eating heaps of carbs isnt healthy but at the same time if you google high protein low carb diets you can read up about the health risks but the diet i have is tailored to me and what i was suggesting is to tailor one for yourself get all your proteins and calories but only the right amount of carbs to perform at your peak that means dont eat more than you need to because why should you if you dont need to? your still getting the same calories but from a cleaner easier digestable source which can be ultilized and not stored.

the low carb high protein diet is often used by woman as you know in bodybuilding everything is exagerated over 4-5 meals on a LOW carb diet you find that your eating the average amount of carbs(for a non athelete). who says you need to eat more than the average person in carbs all you need more than the average person is protein vitamins n minerals for growth and energy for function. i refer to it as low carb high protein because of the ratio.

but concluding all of this your diet is good and i never said it was bad but you cant be huge and ripped from that diet and you want peoples opinion on your diet for what reason? i noticed you asked if your body fat % was too high if your over 20% your probly higher than average for a regular person of your height age and weight let alone a bodybuilder which says alot and you shouldnt be asking us if thats too high you should be asking yourself. and the last point as i stated people told me you couldnt get big without eating carbs and you cant put on muscle and burn fat at the same time and you cant get big without pushing big. your seeking re-assurance from THESE people that believe in the same thing they were told when they started which theyre telling the next generation now your doing the same thing.

Start a journal - post your photos. I rarely get my bf% tested as it is unreliable and can be a demotivator. General rule of thumb is if you can see all sections of your abs in formation you are in the right range. Yogurt will break down slower in the system - more sustained release > Low GI

ramy
.... use a full stop every now and then in your posts :)

So here goes, not very proud of these but heres some pics.. I have no idea how to pose, so tips please. Photos arent the best but give you an idea.

If anyone wants to guess BF% be my friend, my BF scales are telling me about 24% at the moment.

Cheers.

About 18 - 20% (prob the lower). With elec scales you need to measure same time of day / everyday and make sure you are fully hydrated - scales are probably as reliable as caliper.

Start a journal - post your photos. I rarely get my bf% tested as it is unreliable and can be a demotivator. General rule of thumb is if you can see all sections of your abs in formation you are in the right range. Yogurt will break down slower in the system - more sustained release > Low GI

Done.

Good start anyway mate - arms shoulders and upper back showing form. Good news is your not an endomorph - if you lost 10 kg (10% body weight) id say you would be looking reasonably seperated from where you are right now. (but you prob wouldn't be happy with your size)

IMO - I wouldn't bother doing a cut as such - maintain your revised plan your two weeks but look to add a bit of cardio into your plan - (low intensity cardio) to bring you bodyfat back.\ slowly

means you can still train as heavy/strict .... = growth

So here goes, not very proud of these but heres some pics.. I have no idea how to pose, so tips please. Photos arent the best but give you an idea.

If anyone wants to guess BF% be my friend, my BF scales are telling me about 24% at the moment.

Cheers.

About 18 - 20% (prob the lower). With elec scales you need to measure same time of day / everyday and make sure you are fully hydrated - scales are probably as reliable as caliper.

hey i use to get my bf tests almost every month i was losing 1% body fat every month nearly from 11 i was 7 percent in those photos a recent one a few months ago i was 6.1 percent so i was on the verge of getting into 5s i realised i need to start eating more calories im now sitting around 7 im not saying bring on the fat lol but i realised what i was doing wrong but im gunna get some more and monitor how my calorie count affects my fat % energy wise i was fine before and muscle gains were good cuz i was eating enough protein now the gains are great cuz im eating alot more protein but the calories are allowing me to grow more muscle cuz i mean if i were to eat more and more protein the way i was lean and not caring about calories itd be an abundance of unncessary protein but now im able to build more muscle therefore ulitize that protein exactly what your doing but im getting them from carbs and i havnt noticed a change in my body what so ever in the few weeks since ive upped the calories and i expect to increase more but ill see what happens..

i think maybe your about 18-20%? machines are very accurate but its about being consistant you should weigh yourself on an empty stomach that means at least 3 preferably 4 hours without eating and EVERY time you check up follow that sure machines arent as accurate as a calliper test but if your consistent and always check up without eating 3-4 hours if you drop say half a percent body fat then thats the consistant difference regardless of what ever the % number is where its 18 20 24?

you dont look like 7% in those photos.

im 7% now but i look more defined its muscle composition i havnt really cared to take any tests lately but when i was in the begining i was doing them every month over 4-5 months i was always low below 10 so i dont know? perhaps i dont look 7% but thats what the machine says and ive carried tests out on the same variables without training and without eating 3-4 hours prior to every test...and i aint gunna stress to do a calliper test to prove myself right/wrong i think i may be higher on a calliper test but im not even concerned anymore which is why i havnt had any tests in a long time. For me fat isnt a problem because of how i train and eat not because of "genetics"

Tests are not always accurate mate - chances are you are probably close ramy. When you are talking sub 8% bodyfat things start to get a bit grey as far as reliable scores. In saying that if you measure yourself on the same scale / same time and under the same nutritional and hydration conditions you should get a regular bench mark. So if you are consistantly scoring lower your heading in the right direction if thats your goal.

Tests are not always accurate mate - chances are you are probably close ramy. When you are talking sub 8% bodyfat things start to get a bit grey as far as reliable scores. In saying that if you measure yourself on the same scale / same time and under the same nutritional and hydration conditions you should get a regular bench mark. So if you are consistantly scoring lower your heading in the right direction if thats your goal.

actually it WAS my goal to gain muscle and burn fat but now i just wanna gain lean muscle without burning off fat as im already low anyway and realised that i needa get more calories put my body in the correct enviroment for maximum muscle growth let alone to maintain my body. ive been getting great gains but not maximum gains. my fat % is starting to come up now that im eating more calories i wanna try get in like 3000-3300 so im gunna up the calorie intake and see what happens with my bf% hopefully its stablizes between 8-10%

Okay, Ive decided to watch PM carbs to help get bodyfat levels in check as can be seen in my journal. Only having 3 yolks with my eggs. Not having the banana with breakfast anymore. Sticking with the protein bars just for now for no reason other than I have about 10 of them in the cupboard.

Aiming to do maybe 3 light cardio sessions a week.

Will stick with this for a few weeks and see if theres any progress.

Thanks for the feedback guys

Okay, Ive decided to watch PM carbs to help get bodyfat levels in check as can be seen in my journal. Only having 3 yolks with my eggs. Not having the banana with breakfast anymore. Sticking with the protein bars just for now for no reason other than I have about 10 of them in the cupboard.

lol bro bananas are really good the carbs in bananas are competitive to other fruits and the calories in them are unmatched. as for protein bars there is too much fat in them low fat ones are expensive and they dont have as much protein in them and cost per serving is way too expensive have shakes instead bro you coudl have 3 for the cost of a protein bar

lol bro bananas are really good the carbs in bananas are competitive to other fruits and the calories in them are unmatched. as for protein bars there is too much fat in them low fat ones are expensive and they dont have as much protein in them and cost per serving is way too expensive have shakes instead bro you coudl have 3 for the cost of a protein bar

Based on advice I received Im dropping the bananas to stop the morning insulin spike. My protein bars have about 4g fat, 20g protein so hardly worth worrying about and as I said the only reason Im having them is because I have some sitting in the cupboard, I think you may have missed that.

you want the insulin spike in the morning trust me if you wanna drop bf but dont wanna lose size just have carbs in the morning and postworkout and up your protein intake

Excuse my ignorance, but can you please explain why I want the morning insulin spike? I think I have misunderstood an earlier post.. Cheers

you want the insulin spike in the morning trust me if you wanna drop bf but dont wanna lose size just have carbs in the morning and postworkout and up your protein intake

Excuse my ignorance, but can you please explain why I want the morning insulin spike? I think I have misunderstood an earlier post.. Cheers

your body every night is in a catabolic state when you sleep after working out this is obviously amplified why do you think you wake up sweaty (or at least in summer) after a workout the next morning. and yep i did read cuz theyre in your cupboard but when you finish them dont waste your time buying them yeah theyre fun and good and convenient but so are shakes and cheaper.

big is right with what he said..

It can be difficult deciding what you should and shouldn't be doing and eating mate, everyone has differing opinions and the way they do things seems to work so it is hard to question.

Read up heaps on advice given and then decide 'your way', try it out and if you like the results then sweet.

For instance I wouldn't eat bananas while trying to lose fat, I'd only have an apple a day from fruit at the most for many reasons. But mostly because I get faster results (you may benefit from them...confusing huh :-)).

So that doesn't mean you can't lose fat eating different foods to anyone else, it's just another way that gives another result.

All the best!

Androids right .... I to prefer not to use bananas when cutting also. (and maintaining for that matter) Mr Big too is correct also - although I prefer to use lower GI carbs when maintaining/decreasing productive body fat levels as this decreases the peak and fall of you insulin levels - maintains a balance through out the day. By reducing the peaks and falls you will make it more difficult for you body to store excess glycogen and fats. Provided you are taking some carbs and have ample protein in your system, you won't burn muscle - you would have to have hit ketosis which would take at least 3 days of low/no carbs before that would happened.

Thats why I say it pays to pick one idea instead of mashing up to every different principles. I experimented a lot when I first started out - thats how you find the right program for you. :)

and yeah you do need to eat a lot of meat to keep the carbs up but however

bodybuilding is a way of life

WTF???????

yeah that was a typo for wheat (refering to all the grain in his diet) yeah duhh meat have carbs...i know i need to double check my posts more often:)