Cooking Chicken Breasts

slade

Anyone got any decent recipes for cooking chicken breasts in bulk, like a weeks worth at once? Grilling one or two at a time just isn't working anymore.

I am thinking i could bake a whole bunch at once but I am crappy cook so any advice would be much apprecited.

Wow, you want to cook your chicken for the whole week! When i prep my chicken its only for the next day, but like you say, it get very repetitve after a while.

Will the chicken still be okay at the end of the week, i know you always gotta be extra carefull with the chicken. If you are going to do it then i guess putting them all in a big baking tray and baking them would be the best, if it were me i wouldnt be fussy about adding flavouring or special recipies for bulk chicken.

Id just cook em and eat :grin:

Bah! The only people who don't worry about flavour are people who can't cook! :P

Try this one. It's not much harder than cooking chicken plain, and you can vary the amounts according to taste/diet.

Thai Chicken Curry

500g chicken breast, cubed

1 Tbsp red curry paste

150g green beans

1 carrot, sliced

400ml coconut milk

2 Tbsp brown sugar

Brown the chicken pieces in a saucepan with a dollop of oil, and cover with curry paste.

Cook for 5 mins, or until veges are prepared.

Add veges and cook for a further 2 mins, or until coconut milk can is opened.

Add coconut milk and brown sugar, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until meat is cooked.

Serve with rice.

I vary the veges, or leave them out altogether, depending on my laziness at the time. I increase the chicken, to make more meals out of it. I also halve the coconut milk if I don't have many veges in there (you can freeze what you don't use).

Im going to divert this post a little bit.

Pseudo: I use a lot of thai/indian curries.

But heres a problem:

being on cut, quite often i have to eat only chicken, no carbs.

I dunno abt u guys but if i sat there and ate a mealfull of curry chicken with nothing like rice or pasta to buffer it, id burn my intestines out .

Thus i need a drier, milder version of chicken in bulk.

so whats your reccomendatiosn ?

btw baking makes it go sooo soo rock hard.

HELP !

I find Pataks tandoori curry paste is pretty good. You mix it half and half with plain yoghurt then marinate the chicken breasts in it for a few hours. I normally then bake/roast them in the oven. If you find they come out too dry for you, you could always wrap each breast in foil before you put it in the oven to help keep the moisture in. It's nice served with salad, mango chutney and raita (plain yoghurt, cucumber and coriander).

Another one that I used to like (though I haven't had for a while) is Chinese Five Spice Chicken:

1.5 - 2kg chicken breasts

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup chopped onion

1 clove garlic, chopped

2 teaspoons Chinese five spice (buy from herb & spice section of supermarket; it's a mixture of fennel, star anise, cinamon, ginger, cloves)

Marinate the chicken pieces in the soy sauce mixed with the onion and garlic for 3 to 4 hours. Drain and put chicken pieces in a roasting tray. Sprinkle half the spice over the chicken and bake in 180 degree oven, turning once (sprinkle the other half of the spice on the other side of the chicken once you turn it over).

These ones are pretty good too

Garlic Chicken

4 chicken breasts

6 cloves garlic

2 teaspoons salt

1 tablespoon black peppercorns

4 whole plants fresh coriander

4 tablespoons lemon juice

Crush garlic and coarsely crush peppercorns (use a mortar and pestle if you have one). Wash coriander and finely chop the lot: roots, stems and leaves. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and rub well into the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour - overnight if possible. Grill or BBQ chicken pieces until tender. Nice with salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, a small red onion and red or green capsicum.

Orange and Honey Chicken

Put into plastic bag and toss together:

4 chicken breasts

2 teaspoons curry powder

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1 tablespoon cornflour.

Place chicken in a roasting dish.

Heat together in a pot until all ingredients combined:

1/2 cup orange juice

2 tablespoons lemon juice

2 tablespoons soy sauce

2 teaspoons mustard

1/4 cup honey.

Pour over chicken.

Bake in 180 degree oven, turning occasionally.

You can put Cajun spices on the chicken, that tastes great or my favourite have plain chicken breast with BBQ sauce

Hi THEBERG

Here's one you might want to try then:

Before cooking chicken put BBQ sauce on top and sprinkle with cajun spice.

When chicken is nearly cooked, take it out of oven/off grill.

Put a couple of slices of ham on top of chicken.

Grate some low fat cheese over the top.

Sprinkle some cajun spice on the cheese.

Put back in oven until cheese is melted, ham is hot and chicken is cooked through.

Yum!

Also works well if you leave off the cajun spice and replace the BBQ sauce with pasta sauce.

MATE YOU GUYS ARE ALL FLAVOUR PUSSIES!! :grin:

NOTHING LIKE GETTING 2 KGS OF SKILESS CHICKEN, GF GRILL AND THAN PUT IN 5-10 CONTAINERS WEIGHED IN THE FRIDGE. IF YOU ARE DESPERATE FOR FLAVOUR. USE SALT. IF YOU CAN'T USE SALT, AND CAN SPARE THE CALS. USE MAYBE A TOMATOE BASED PASTA SAUCE.

OPTION 2

rOAST 2 CHICKENS ON TRAYS TO DRIP THE FAT.. HACK THEM APART PUT IT ALL IN ONE BIG CONTAINER AND MEASURE IT OUT AS YOU NEED IT.

AND DON'T WORRY THE CHOOK LASTS AT LEAST 4 DAYS IN THE FRIDGE IF YOU DON'T EAT IT THAT IS 8)

I'm just a grill and eat guy no flavour nothing. As long as the chicken does not get too dry it is fine, if it gets too dry then I need to choke it down with pleanty of water. Boring eh!

Yoour hardcore bro, u dont use any tomatoe or BBQ sauce??

Nope , no sauce they taste ok. When I feel a bit richer I buy some of those smoked chicken breasts really tasty and moist. fine just by themselves

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When I buy chicken breasts (these are times when I'm feeling rich 'cos packaged skinless breasts cost :shock: ) I take them outta the package soon as I'm home and put them in a big bowl in some marinade... cover it up and stick it in the fridge. Its convenient and although chicken is fine by itself, it can get a bit repetitive with no flavouring.

I'm pretty lazy so the marinade is usually just soy sauce (just be careful on how much you add if youre counting about cals) or lemon juice. Sometimes I'll splurge and buy one of the masterfood spices and add them in there as well.

If you're wanting to cook a whole week's worth, you just need to make sure the chicken's been marinated for at least 30 mins... then you're good to go.

• 1 month later...