Best time for Tribulus?

Pseudonym

I've just started using Triandrobol, by Body Science. It's been years (literally) since I'd experimented with anything more exotic than creatine and glucosamine, so I thought I'd give this a go. Besides, I'm a sucker for an anabolic-sounding name. :P

It's a combo of Tribulus terrestris, Red Clover, and Wild Yam, which sounds delicious. Having had a capsule melt on my tongue, I can assure you it's not. It is "high in steroidal saponins" though, whatever the hell they are (see above note about sucker tendencies).

Anyway, the question is: When is the best time to take this? Pre-workout? Post-workout? Before bed? Before breakfast?

No, the instruction are useless: 2-4 capsules daily.

I've been taking it before bed, on the theory that since it's supposed to raise testosterone levels, it will be a gradual thing anyway, not something to give me an immediate workout boost, and maybe it would be helpful to have it in my system during sleep when there's all that recovery and hormonal-type stuff going on. :huh:

Ahh Tribulus, one of my favourite natural T-boosters.

A few things I've found with Tribulus over the years are:

If you aren't tired, working out hard, or T-levels are fine then you won't notice a thing taking it. But if you are any of the above you should notice it works. So it can only raise your levels to as high as they can go naturally.

For BBer's I would take it 3 times a day as it's probably in and out of your system inside a few hours, one of those being an hour before your workout but I have not felt it helps anymore tbh, not like Methoxy does anyway.

Also, don't take before bedtime. Take ZMA with Tribulus it is the perfect stack instead. Let ZMA, which is a bedtime supplement, free up your Testosterone that Tribulus may have raised during the day.

You'll wake up and 'physically' notice the difference if you use these 2 as a stack I can promise you :-)

If you aren't tired, working out hard, or T-levels are fine then you won't notice a thing taking it. But if you are any of the above you should notice it works. So it can only raise your levels to as high as they can go naturally.

For BBer's I would take it 3 times a day as it's probably in and out of your system inside a few hours, one of those being an hour before your workout but I have not felt it helps anymore tbh, not like Methoxy does anyway.

Also, don't take before bedtime. Take ZMA with Tribulus it is the perfect stack instead. Let ZMA, which is a bedtime supplement, free up your Testosterone that Tribulus may have raised during the day.

You'll wake up and 'physically' notice the difference if you use these 2 as a stack I can promise you :-)

Good advice there brah.

I figure while we're on the topic of test boosters, i have a buddy who's a two weeks into using 'isatori's, -isatest-' Another natural booster.. with a ton of saponins in there etc.. But, he's started breaking out in acne obviously because of this, no coincidence. Which in a way is good because you know the product is raising some hormone levels.

My question is, what should he do? Continue using this product even though he's getting breakouts and hates that. Or stop using it, and hope the acne stops?

Cheers!

Good advice there brah.

I figure while we're on the topic of test boosters, i have a buddy who's a two weeks into using 'isatori's, -isatest-' Another natural booster.. with a ton of saponins in there etc.. But, he's started breaking out in acne obviously because of this, no coincidence. Which in a way is good because you know the product is raising some hormone levels.

My question is, what should he do? Continue using this product even though he's getting breakouts and hates that. Or stop using it, and hope the acne stops?

Cheers!

LOL you can just say its you bro its all good :pfft:

Good advice there brah.

Cheers!

LOL you can just say its you bro its all good :pfft:

I can safely say its not me. I've been there done that. (Acne) .. Using Norateen Heavyweight II. Really not my thing. It's not worth taking the risk for me.

How's your skin coming along, mate? :clubbed:

Tribulus is useful to naturals when pre comp dieting as testosterone levels can drop when in a low calorie/low bodyfat state.

Tribulus is said to help offset this(along with adaquete dietary saturated fat intake).

As with most supplements, they become more useful as you reduce calories to help you train harder and retain more muscle when calories and macro nutrients are low.

As with most supplements, it's a good idea to use them for finite periods and or rotate there use to stop your body acclimatizing itsellf to them.

One other aspect ithat hasn't been mentioned is the placebo effect: Meaning you may actually train harder if your mind thinks what you are taking is going to help regardless of whether it is or not. Food for thought?!

One other aspect ithat hasn't been mentioned is the placebo effect: Meaning you may actually train harder if your mind thinks what you are taking is going to help regardless of whether it is or not. Food for thought?!

Thats probably why 90% of supplements 'work'. You pay good money for them, so train harder and result in gains :pfft:

Good advice there brah.

Cheers!

Good old IsaTest ay ;-)

Yeah they've packaged Tribulus and ZMA together as the 2 really have a better impact than 1, synergistic.

I would enjoy the xtra flow of hormones for the 30 day period and then come off, the side-effects will go and he'll be back to normal. You don't know whether it's Tribulus or Icariin though, (Icariin is Horny Goat Weed) and that's in it as well...maybe I don't know either way tbh but once he's off it it'll go away surely.

Good advice there brah.

Cheers!

Good old IsaTest ay ;-)

Yeah they've packaged Tribulus and ZMA together as the 2 really have a better impact than 1, synergistic.

I would enjoy the xtra flow of hormones for the 30 day period and then come off, the side-effects will go and he'll be back to normal. You don't know whether it's Tribulus or Icariin though, (Icariin is Horny Goat Weed) and that's in it as well...maybe I don't know either way tbh but once he's off it it'll go away surely.

I guess acne is a small sacrifice for this guy.. I'll pass it on..

Cheers!

If your taking Tribulus, better prepare your significant other. You want sex 4 or 5 times a day. Probably not that much of a change for some of you....

Also, there have been a lot of studies which have called Tribulus a placebo. I personally note little whilst on it, but I'm a teenager already swimmign in my own little testosterone flood.

Best time for Tribulus according to my Nutrex Vitrix bottle is 1 hour before workouts (or sexual activity) on training days. Non-training days: half dose early and other half late in day. Vitrex uses liquid technology so releases ultra quickly and has 1g saponin 80% and protodioscin 20% (along with other supporting goodies such as vitex agnus, avena sativa, LJack, epidmedium)

If your skin goes to sh*t, doesn't that mean you're testosterone is elevated, but unfortunately turning androgenic causing the undesirable skin effects? :naughty: If so you may be wise to incorporate a strong anti-aromatising agent such as Gaspari Novedex XT to maximise your free test and avoid it converting into the undesirables... :pfft: