2009 NZFBB Auckland Champs

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't you enjoy the bikini models laurasaur? Lol

Overall the show was a great success, notable mentions to that 112kg 19year old, sesa taking out the figure class and Nato winning the overall mens class. Always a class act, and will be very very very tough to beat at the nats (wink wink nudge nudge to Mark Anderson) A fantastic 'interactive' guest pose from Moe capped off a fun night. And Mike D .... Wow, he will make an impression over in the states for sure. saw big daz rolling around the front rows, must be 300lbs at least. Biggest guy in the hall, hurry up and get cut, you're looking HUGE bro!

Got to say was one of the best shows for content I have seen for a while.

Mike Ds routine was awesome - as was his conditioning. Great to see real pros but in contest condition.

The dance group was outstanding and is something that I think adds value and a break from some of the show at the half way point.

I have changed my opinion on the bikini class - I actually think it has a place now. Just needs to be stream lined a bit and may be spread out over the show. handing out cash was a bit tacky - thought a cheque would have been a bit better but it may have been just availability at the time.

Terry was a great MC - not quite as good looking as he made out but Charlie certainly made up for that :pfft: (did like the tie mate and I thought you should give some pointers to EL PRESIDENTE, as Bryan has been wearing the same double breasted suit for as long as I have been training :grin: :pfft: )

Quality athletes in all classes - over 80kg novice :clap: and of course Open over 90kg men. Great to see some BIG athletes in the same show in NZ.

ONLY ONE LIP SINKER ROUTINE IN THE WHOLE SHOW!!!! :dancing:

And FINALLY - a show in NZ where the top in class get a cash prize!!! Full credit to Moe :clap: If the federation has cash in the bank perhaps it can adopt it for other shows. - when he said he wasn't going to pose after seeing Mike Ds condition, I was a bit bumed out. (But understood completely given the amount of work Moe is doing and focus for his next major) - then when he came out it showed true class and I was sold when he said "I didn't want to let you all down". Perhaps he has been getting political pointers from Arnie :pfft: but thats the difference between average and high performer --- deliver what you promise :nod:

NZFBB is going to grow at a rapid rate if they keep heading in this direction. having opened the door to pro cards for NZ athletes you can already see a marked change in the development coming through. Sesa, Nato, Tarryn and Chris were definate standouts.

Mike Ds routine was awesome - as was his conditioning. Great to see real pros but in contest condition.

The dance group was outstanding and is something that I think adds value and a break from some of the show at the half way point.

:doh: we missed both of them cus we had to wait for SG to finish feeding his face at BK :roll:

charlie did a great job with the national anthem, lucky i didnt start to sing along, as she made it her own and and it wasnt plain or boring at all :clap:

i bet the young fella that got disqualifed for his music was spiting tacks, but ohwell just goes to show when the say 'NO SWEARING' they mean it :naughty: , after all it is a family show.

What a fantastic show, I really enjoyed it, feeling very inspired!

Great to meet some of you and put faces to names I didn't go to the meet up it was past my bedtime! Here's some pics

Dear Lord, I do hope your inspiration has nothing to do with the UNbikini models in the bikini model class, unless its because you are better in a bikini than that mob were which would not be hard. Hell where did they find that bunch? Most of them looked like Fat O Grams LOL :pfft:

Moe come on brother pleeease :doh:

Got to say was one of the best shows for content I have seen for a while.

Regarding the Bikini Elephant Class (aka The Bizarro class, or the WTF class), :oops: :oops: :oops: you mean for the humour, or even sickness of it (depending on your sense of humour, or your "taste" in women). Hell Damn, Moe WTF? :oops: I wonder what your movie tastes are? Probably The Film Festival's Incredibly Strange section for you. Come to think of it, a doco on the Elephant class would go down well at the Incredibly Strange Film Fest. My good mate Ant Timpson take note [great line up for 2009 Ant :clap: ). It would be right up there with Visitor Q, Chicken Hawk, The Happiness of the Katakuras, Story of Ricky... :pfft:

Fantastic. Great man, lovely guy, down to earth, great fun seeing him wander around the crowd giving "right in front of your eyes" posing.

Yes, but a wee bit too Poly-PC for me these days. Thank God there was no stupid, stupid haka at least!

I have changed my opinion on the bikini class - I actually think it has a place now. Just needs to be stream lined a bit and may be spread out over the show...

Ha ha ha :pfft: A place in the Circus of the Bizarre, right? Or do you mean for guys who like the fuller figured girl and want a whale of a good time with a girl that looks mega appalling in a bikini she should be banned by law on punishment of death with torture (to make up for our torture) from wearing. :evil: :twisted: It's sights like them that can single handedly force a fashion annilation of the bikini!

Terry was a great MC - not quite as good looking as he made out but Charlie certainly made up for that :pfft: (did like the tie mate and I thought you should give some pointers to EL PRESIDENTE, as Bryan has been wearing the same double breasted suit for as long as I have been training :grin: :pfft:

Witty, spoke clearly, fun, intelligent. Top performance. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Quality athletes in all classes - over 80kg novice :clap: and of course Open over 90kg men. Great to see some BIG athletes in the same show in NZ.

Well done to most of the competitors :clap: :clap: Some of the remainder should be "well done".

ONLY ONE LIP SINKER ROUTINE IN THE WHOLE SHOW!!!! :dancing:

Well spotted - 2 maybe :wink:

And FINALLY - a show in NZ where the top in class get a cash prize!!! Full credit to Moe :clap: If the federation has cash in the bank perhaps it can adopt it for other shows. - when he said he wasn't going to pose after seeing Mike Ds condition, I was a bit bumed out. (But understood completely given the amount of work Moe is doing and focus for his next major) - then when he came out it showed true class and I was sold when he said "I didn't want to let you all down". Perhaps he has been getting political pointers from Arnie :pfft: but thats the difference between average and high performer --- deliver what you promise :nod:

Overall well done Moe! But, it went on far, far, far, FAR too long and the You Know What Class brought the whole event into total disrepute as did Dancing For Your Money (tacky and dumb), You are charismatic, charming, a diplomat and perhaps future politician in the making old boy. Good effort - solid B+. Cut the fat and shorten the event next time bud and you will get an A- at least

Oh maybe I am being a bit too harsh. Keep the "Bikini" class in if you must, but rename it at least. The Comedy Interlude Class? The And Now For Something Completely Different class? The Fuller Figured Female class? The Female Bodybuilder (or Figure Competitor) Rejects class? The Bizarre and Twisted class? Any other names anyone wants to suggest? :evil: :pfft: :pray:

oh abit harsh there, I thought it was good :nod:

You referring to the Monster class? [off topic comment - man its great to have night shift tonight] If so, you have to be taking the frikin piss, blind, sick, retarded, or a lover of big, big mummas brother. Did you see the size of some of them thar thighs and the state of some of their faces??? :puke: :puke:

Could you define good in this context.....

From Jo Stewarts website.

Junior Men

1. Khalid Slaimankhel

2. Teisina Tongi

3. Paratiso Foaiaulima

Masters Men Over 40 years:

1.Willie Walker

2.Rick Eliki

Masters Men Over 50 years:

1.Tele Paetau

2.Michael Pouhila

3. Dieter Horn

Masters Women Over 45 years:

1.Tarren McCall

2.Jeannie Lowrie

Senior Figure Over 35 years:

1.Cathy Orevich

2.Ros Hooker

3.Lisa Haines

Senior Figure Over 45 years:

1.Justeen Jones

2.Gill McCann

3.Lee O’Donnell

Novice Women Physique Under 55 kilos:

1.Sandra McMillan

Novice Women Physique Over 55 kilos:

1. Ronel Cook

2.Barbara Stowers

Novice Men BB Under 70 kilos:

1.Timothy Uasi Fononga

Novice Men BB 70—80 kilos:

1. Kapeli Ioane

2. Sanele Mao

Novice Men BB Over 80 Kilos:

1.Sam Koloa

2.Jeffrey Uluave

3.Benjamin Tamani Kaitaroi

Classic Men:

1.Steve Rosenbaum

2.Dane Kent

Novice Figure Short:

1.Bridget Emmitt

2.Vivien Whiteside

3.Lee O’Mara

Novice Figure Tall:

1.Sadelle Feao

2.Sheree Tainui-Fountain

3.Philippa Jones

Body Fitness Tall:

1.Sara Elliott

Open Figure Tall:

1. Sesa Tomuli

2.Maureen O’Connell

3.Katrina Hall

Open Women Physique Under 55 Kilos:

1.Julie Harris

2.Lucie Thompson

Open Women Physique Over 55 Kilos:

1.Tracy Frost

Open Men BB 80—90 kilos:

1.John Lougheed

2.Miles Vance

Open Men BB Over 90 Kilos:

1.Nathan OHearn

2.Chris Chase

3.Johnson Reihana

Mixed Pairs:

1. Maureen O’Connell & Johnson Reihana

Bikini Models:

1.Michaiah Simmons

2.Lisa Gatman

3.Elyse Inglis

Overall Titles:

Overall Figure Champion: Sesa Tomuli

Overall Women’s Physique Champion: Tarren McCall

Overall Men’s BB Champion: Nathan OHearn

I thought the show was a bit long also - would be great to have finished at 10.30 - I think the judging around the bikini and the delay in getting into the auditorium would have thrown the most timing out. If the bikini comparisons were done in the morning and then each competitor was asked to come out in the night show for different categories ... i.e

.. phase 1 # each contestant comes out in a standard bikini to make an introduction. (All contestants one colour / style - done in the morning prejudge)

.. phase 2 # each contestant is given an Xtreme nutrition t-shirt and has to make an outfit out of it using only a pair of sissors. evening

.. Phase 3 # each contestant comes out in theme and is given 30 seconds to pump up the crowd ... end of show before overalls.

Spread over the show this could be a bit more fun.

To some degree the bikini girls that were up there were not the standard I have seen at other events. I judged a bikini contest at the poe a couple of years ago which was run hand in hand with the truth newspaper. The girls in that show were crowd pleasers and of a high standard.

I think with a bit more promotion and may be some clear guidlines as to how the class is judged it could actually work.

I think we all have to remember it's only the first time its been run.

From Jo Stewarts website.

Bikini Abominations:

1.Michaiah Simmons - mega fat arse - looked better when younger when she actually did look like a bikini model and had the gorgeous blond hair

2.Lisa Gatman - best of the bodies and should have won

3.Elyse Inglis - mmm no comment

Exactly, Jo :clap: