2009 NZFBB NZ National Champs

Dude you were pretty damn lean, not far off that level of conidtioning. I'm glad you got the nod in your class, cause that other guy had good crowd support and a good upper body, but you were better balanced especially in your leg development and lower back , which was bone dry.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude you were pretty damn lean, not far off that level of conidtioning. I'm glad you got the nod in your class, cause that other guy had good crowd support and a good upper body, but you were better balanced especially in your leg development and lower back , which was bone dry.

Thank you bro! I appreciate your support, thing is when I arrived to Auckland (Wednesday) I switched my diet a bit (not by much) and I didn't feel as good as I did at the CNI's which I was right.. Brian Mcfarlene had a little chat to me and said I looked worse lmao. I will remedy that for next time. Yeah dude that guy had an amazing chest and mass too.. One day hehehe ;) - too bad I didn't see ya again Matrix. And Small! Next time eh :D

Ooops sorry! Checking for any other result mix up's now. That was an awesome class!! I think my concentration was jaded during the class for some reason...I have some great pics... if anybody wants the larger files of pics of themselfs then email me with name and competitor no and I will send them through

Ooops sorry! Checking for any other result mix up's now. That was an awesome class!! I think my concentration was jaded during the class for some reason...I have some great pics... if anybody wants the larger files of pics of themselfs then email me with name and competitor no and I will send them through

You're not the only one Jo! That was an extremely tough class and really anyone in it could have won it

You're not the only one Jo! That was an extremely tough class and really anyone in it could have won it

Hey guys. Thanks for all the good comments on the classic line up. Much appreciated. Aaron was in crazy condition and deserved the win I would say. The entire classic line up was great with everyone bringing good conditioning shape and symmetry. It was fun battling it out with the boys.

Congratulations to everyone who competed, officiated and attended the show on Saturday!

I've only just now had time to post the results to the NZFBB website - my flight from Auckland didn't get back until 12.15am this morning after huge delays around the country due to the Air NZ computer crash yesterday morning! :(

We expect to have a 2010 Event Calendar published by the end of November with the likelihood of 2 or 3 extra & new shows on the calendar!! \:D/

We expect to have a 2010 Event Calendar published by the end of November with the likelihood of 2 or 3 extra & new shows on the calendar!! \:D/

No offence Mastertel but perhaps the Exec should be focusing on quality rather than quantity, good well organised shows that everybody raves about how awesome they were etc etc and why are there not more, it seems that there are more people giving up on NZ Bodybuilding and heading across to Australia so they can have a positive experience?

No offence Mastertel but perhaps the Exec should be focusing on quality rather than quantity, good well organised shows that everybody raves about how awesome they were etc etc and why are there not more, it seems that there are more people giving up on NZ Bodybuilding and heading across to Australia so they can have a positive experience?

Sorry, rollesbygirl, but I do take offence to your comment. I doubt you have been to many of the 12 shows I have organised in the past 5 years, but I'm pretty confident that a high % of competitors at those events have gone away more than happy with their experience! Of the others, I'm also confident in saying that Mike D (South Island Champs) and Kaye & Darrel (CNI's) in particular have also run extremely successful and rewarding shows for at least the past 3 years. The Thames show last year was a great success, and just about every competitor who did Nationals over the weekend were thrilled with the event.

As for NZFBB competitors giving up on NZ bodybuilding to compete in Aussie, I know for a fact that we had over 50 new members this year compete at our events, and I also know that a high proportion of NZ competitors doing Aussie shows this year (who didn't also do NZFBB shows) were NABBA or INBA competitors.

So take it from me that the NZFBB Exec is very much committed (as always) to running QUALITY events, and also striving to expand the number of regions where we run events. Few people know what is involved in running an event, and usually it is due to unforseen circumstances that things don't work out, but almost always we end up with a top quality show.

Terry I think this is a bit of an over-reaction. My concern is more for the future. I am well aware of the organisation required, and you are quite right Mike D runs an awesome show here in Chch and I have had the priviledge of being a backstage helper with those, while my other half has competed. We knew that this years show would be as good which is why we happily sponsored a class.

We didnt attend the Nationals this year, but did last year, and have attended quite a few really awesome shows over the last four years. My concerns are as follows

1. This recent rule change which raised quite a bit of debate

2. The fact that there is no current drug testing and we are seeing more and more not so drug free competitors competing in this federation, I know my partner was somewhat disappointed to find himself competing against somebody last year at Nationals who was twice the size and a little more than genetically gifted.... 3. In reading some of the posts from those that went to the show this year, isnt that what you would use as feedback? I read Lisa Menzies comments that also confirmed it.

My point that you have take the wrong way is wouldnt the Exec be better to address those types of issues rather than try and do more shows? At the end of the day its up to those that organise it. If the current executive think that this is the future of NZ Bodybuilding, then I will watch with great interest .

I don't feel I over-reacted - your initial comment was very general and the overall quality of events and unfortunately many people prefer to focus on one or two negative aspects of an event rather than admitting that overall a show was very successful.

The recent rule change made no difference at all to the quality of Nationals, and even when we had regular drug testing there were plenty of competitors who were clearly not "natural". I've always faced that situation (i.e. more often than not being up against guys who openly admit they "use") when I've competed and I have also know that no amount of testing will remove the "cheats". I compete to be the best I can be, not worrying about who or how many are in my class, or whether they are "clean" or not. Anyway, I don't want to get into the old drug testing debate here! :wink:

I could also challenge many of Lisa M's criticisms of certain events (esp the Auckland Champs where she wasn't allowed backstage), but she also praised much of Saturday's event. Her criticism of only letting the top-5 do their routines was not a balanced argument - we have had a firm rule for two years that only the top-5 do their routine at the night show. I am always trying to stress to competitors to get their supporters to come to the pre-judging to see their family member, work mate, friend etc compete. You always see a lot more of each competitor at that session (esp at a big show like Nationals) rather than just a 60 second routine and possibly a 20 second posedown - even if the competitor does make the top-5. It's also worth noting that this is Nationals and it has to be a bit cut-throat in reducing the time for what is always a long Finals session.

I always listen to any negative feedback as I also strive to eliminate any issues that realistically can be resolved or improved on for future events. I just get annoyed when a few small issues with an event force people to bag that show when 90% of the event was wonderful.

I also stand by my earlier statement that while a few NZFBB competitors may turn their back on competing here, the ratio of those people to new NZFBB competitors is about 1 : 10.