2009 NZFBB NZ National Champs

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, only 6 days to go and the final qualifier is over. It will interesting to see from those who have qualified who will turn up and push for the many titles available.

Any predictions for the Overall winners? My shortlist of likely candidates (assuming they compete) are:

Men: Darryn Onekawa, Nathan O'Hearn, Karl Cook, Sanjeev Narayan

Women's Physique: Michelle Laurin (Heggie), Kaye O'Neill, Tarren McCall

Figure and Body Fitness: Sesa Tomuli, Sheryl Paterson, Vickie Cattell, Neralee Montague, Kristy Thomson, Karen Montague

I'm not sure if two other current NZ overall winners (Daniel Hibbs and Niki Taylor) are competing at Nationals. As overall winners they automatically qualify for the following year's Nationals.

Yes, only 6 days to go and the final qualifier is over. It will interesting to see from those who have qualified who will turn up and push for the many titles available.

Any predictions for the Overall winners? My shortlist of likely candidates (assuming they compete) are:

Men: Darryn Onekawa, Nathan O'Hearn, Karl Cook, Sanjeev Narayan

Women's Physique: Michelle Laurin (Heggie), Kaye O'Neill, Tarren McCall

Figure and Body Fitness: Sesa Tomuli, Sheryl Paterson, Vickie Cattell, Neralee Montague, Kristy Thomson, Karen Montague

I'm not sure if two other current NZ overall winners (Daniel Hibbs and Niki Taylor) are competing at Nationals. As overall winners they automatically qualify for the following year's Nationals.

Hey MasterTel,

Just wondering how many Classic competitors have put their names down to compete. As there have been some quality competitors at all of the shows and am looking forward to seeing this class at the Nats.

Cheers

Hey MasterTel,

Just wondering how many Classic competitors have put their names down to compete. As there have been some quality competitors at all of the shows and am looking forward to seeing this class at the Nats.

Cheers

Not sure how many will register, T-Rex, but 14 competitors have qualified to compete in Classic this weekend: Steve Rosenbaum, Dane Kent, Aron Noble, William Te Ratana, Mark Batty, Jamie Olsen, Darren Buck, Adam Gyongyos, Dave Weeks, Ryan McCarthy, Victor Sharp, Chris Nel, Boris Shamraev and Gino Di Leva.

I know a few of these competitors will definitely not be there, and of the others I would say that Aron Noble (2008 NZ Classic Men's Champ), Chris Nel, Dave Weeks, Steve Rosenbaum and Boris Shamraev would be my top picks. I'm basing this on the competitors I have seen on stage, and from pics taken at the CNI's (the only NZFBB show I haven't been to this year).

Boris Shamraev would be my pick as well for the classic

Women's Physque Tarren McCall

Womens Figure Sesa Tomuli

Body fitness Karen Montague

Not to sure at this stage who else I will pick to win the other classes for the men and women I will post them up later on in the week.

I`ve seen no mention of Steve Orton...

I missed the elite show but will make Nationals to check out the lineup...

From wat i c da brothas got game...

His omission from my list was intentional - he is apparently not doing Nationals ....something to do with study and/or exams.

His omission from my list was intentional - he is apparently not doing Nationals ....something to do with study and/or exams.

Dissapointing...

None the less it will b a gr8 show

Just two days to go, and registration kicks off at 10am tomorrow (Friday) at Xtreme Health & Nutrition, 119 Wellesley Street, Auckland.

For those of you competing on Saturday, there will be a competitor briefing at the event venue (Logan Campbell Centre) at 8.15am. We'll be giving out the numbers at registration tomorrow, so we just need a quick 15-20 minute briefing to allow us to hopefully kick off the pre-judging at close to 9am as possible.

I'll be helping at the registration tomorrow and loading/playing the music for everyone's routines on Saturday, so PLEASE don't forget to bring your music to registration tomorrow! :D

Dissapointing...

I will be there without a doubt next year guys :nod:

Dissapointing...

I will be there without a doubt next year guys :nod:

Awesome...cant wait...

In my opinion u got game brotha...

I wish i lookd like u at 19...

I only started at 19...

But we have been lifting for the same amount of time...

Ill b making a move to federation next year and look forward to standing on stage next to u...

We`re all brothas in this sport...we all know the hard work that goes into it...and wen we step on stage its all business!!!

Future pro`s

Depending on who shows today - it should be a good contest between Neralee Montague and Sesa Tomuli in Open Figure. Unsure of how tall Sesa is - but it will be interesting. Both good figure competitors and both present well. Looking forward to this battle. Good Luck girls.