A DC logbook

Marcus

I thought it was about time I began a journal on here. As most of you will know I follow the DC style of training.

I train Monday, Wednesday & Friday & my split is as follows:

Monday:

Chest

Shoulders

Triceps

Back width

Back thickness

Wednesday:

Biceps

Forearms

Calves

Hamstrings

Quads

Friday:

Same as Monday

Monday:

Same as Wednesday

And it rolls on like that.

I also do 30-40mins cardio on Tuesday, Thursday & sometimes once in the weekend.

I missed Mondays workout due to illness, so did it yesterday. Is as follows:

INC DB PRESS LT 13X37.1 TT 14X37.1

SHD DB PRESS LT 11X32.1 TT 14X32.1

SKULLS ST BAR LT 17X35.9 TT 22X35.9

REV LAT PULLDOWN LT 11X146 TT 12X146

DEADS LT 8X170, 5X180 TT 3X190, 8X170

Excuse my exercise terminology :pfft:

Considering I felt like absolute shit before this workout, I pretty happy afterwards. It's amazing the effect that a poor diet the day before can have.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 5'7, 92.4kgs as of this morning. :grin:

I haven't taken measurements in a while but hope to do so in the next few weeks.

I will write my diet up sometime. I'm still fiddling with it at the moment. However I believe in the last month I have achieved the almost impossible, building muscle while losing fat. I'll keep track of my progress more before i comment any further.

Great to see you starting a journal Marcus, I am very interested to see how you've set up the workouts and diet. You're moving some serious weights for back!

I've really enjoyed DC style training and I can't see that I'll go back to volume workouts.

Thanks Ash, DC training has really changed my way of thinking & its great to be able to progress again.

My current diet is as follow, I am still tinkering with it:

Meal one:

2 cups oats

1 x punnet Golburn fruit

3 scoops whey

lots of low fat milk

multi

Meal two:

3 scoops whey with water

1 x tin tuna

2 x Tbsps flax oil or 2 x rice cakes

Meal three:

350gms mince (rinsed 8) )

half tin bean sald

Meal four:

3 scoops whey with water

1 x tin tuna

2 x Tbsps flax oil or 2 x rice cakes

Meal five (PWO):

Straight after workout:

4 x scoops Miada Carbo

Tsp x Glutamine

Tsp x Creatine

1 x banana

20mins later:

6 scoops whey with water

Meal six:

350gms mince

bowl fibrous veges

Meal seven:

3 scoops whey with water

Tsp glutamine

I'm still tinkering with meals two & four, just swapping carbs for fats etc.

I also drink about 5L water a day.

Thursday night workout:

BB PREACHER LT 10X30 TT 13X30

DB HAMMER CURL LT 17X19.5 TT 22X19.5

LEG PRESS CALF RAISE LT 8X4PPS TT 9X4PPS

SEATED LEG CURL LT 21X60 TT 24X60

HACKS LT 6X3PPS + 5KG PPS, 17X2PPS TT 10X3PPS + 5KG PPS, 21X2PPS

Overall a good workout. I have been frustrated with my hacks lately because as the weights went up I had been hitting a "sticky" point. Last night I lifted the platform up one knotch & it made a huge difference. I think I had the platform too low so at a point it was transferring the strain to my knees. The 20 rep widowmaker absolutely kills me. I feel dizzy & have to sit down immediately afterwards or else I will throw up. Puffing like a steam train.

Thursday night workout:

BB PREACHER LT 10X30 TT 13X30

DB HAMMER CURL LT 17X19.5 TT 22X19.5

LEG PRESS CALF RAISE LT 8X4PPS TT 9X4PPS

SEATED LEG CURL LT 21X60 TT 24X60

HACKS LT 6X3PPS + 5KG PPS, 17X2PPS TT 10X3PPS + 5KG PPS, 21X2PPS

Overall a good workout. I have been frustrated with my hacks lately because as the weights went up I had been hitting a "sticky" point. Last night I lifted the platform up one knotch & it made a huge difference. I think I had the platform too low so at a point it was transferring the strain to my knees. The 20 rep widowmaker absolutely kills me. I feel dizzy & have to sit down immediately afterwards or else I will throw up. Puffing like a steam train.

once you get to every set in ur leg workout is a dizzy throw up fest you know your training legs hard :grin:

nice work man

My energy levels are pretty good actually. If I eat carbs all day long I tend to feel more tired than if I just eat more in the morning & less as the day goes on. If I do feel a bit empty I might have a couple of rice cakes before my workout. I've found with my current diet I hold a lot less water & my waist has tightened up a bit also.

I also eat what i want in the weekends. Sort of like a refeed. I make sure I get a good amount of carbs in.

As far as bodyfat goes i really don't know. I though I was 20% but I've been told I'm less than that. I was a fat kid who got teased so now I always think I'm carrying more than what i actually am. :pfft:

Jono: for some reason I find the heavier sets easier than the 20reppers. I think its the combination of the strain on the mind & the fact I'm puffing so hard that I feel ill.

My energy levels are pretty good actually. If I eat carbs all day long I tend to feel more tired than if I just eat more in the morning & less as the day goes on. If I do feel a bit empty I might have a couple of rice cakes before my workout. I've found with my current diet I hold a lot less water & my waist has tightened up a bit also.

I also eat what i want in the weekends. Sort of like a refeed. I make sure I get a good amount of carbs in.

As far as bodyfat goes i really don't know. I though I was 20% but I've been told I'm less than that. I was a fat kid who got teased so now I always think I'm carrying more than what i actually am. :pfft:

Jono: for some reason I find the heavier sets easier than the 20reppers. I think its the combination of the strain on the mind & the fact I'm puffing so hard that I feel ill.

the way to make heavy sets hard is to use a wt you can only do 2 reps with, then do 4 instead :grin:

Monday 22/8

BB CURL LT 21 X 40 TT 14 X 45 + 20 X 30

REV EZI LT 18 X 30 TT 22 X 30

ST C RAISE LT 10 X 165 TT 9 X 165

LYING L CURL LT 20 X 55 TT 14 X 60

SQUATS LT 10 X 130, 20 X 80 TT 7 X 135, 17 X 90

Workout was ok. I really didn't have enough food in the tank for my squats which was frustrating. I will introduce some carbs before my workouts from now on I think. I went backwards on the calf raises but I hadn't done them for 6 weeks so I gave myself some grace there.