Where do you store body fat?

Pseudonym

It's ok... I know you can't spot-reduce. But I felt the need to whinge about it anyway. :wink:

My bodyfat is relatively low at present - abs are looking good, serratus stands out nicely, and there's some good definition coming through in my obliques.

Trouble is, no-one sees them much in everyday life. And the parts they do see are exactly where I store my bodyfat. True to Murphy's Law, my arms (especially those forearms, damn them!) are smooth as anything. They seem to be the last place I lose the fat.

There's only one thing for it... I'll just have to get even leaner. But why can't it happen in a more useful place first?!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem. Come and grizzle about it with me - it's very therapeutic. :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

Man i wish i had your problem.

When i do lean up(On those occasions i can leave the kfc alone) i seem to have the reverse from you.

Upper body and even legs lean up but lower back and lower abdominals take a bit of strickt eating and more cardio.

Do you have good sized forearms? Maybe if you smoke those suckers a bit harder do you reckon?

Hey good chance for people to see the fruits of your labour at the beach now though :D

• 1 month later...
It's ok... I know you can't spot-reduce. But I felt the need to whinge about it anyway. :wink:

Actually you can spot reduce. Although not with conventional cardio / aerobic exercises. There are products, altough i havent seen them in NZ, that when applied transdermally to the area in question will actually help remove fat from the local area. Products such as lipoderm and absolve among others really work. Ive seen many user reviews on other boards of these products, and they are pretty promising.

I've never really looked at these products, but initially I'd be pretty sceptical about this sort of claim.

I know there are products designed to fight water retention in any particular area - some people use them before competitions. My (completely uneducated!) guess is be that any "spot fat reduction" effect would mostly be just targeting the local subcutaneous water.

Perhaps someone can shed some more light on this?

Absolved

New and Improved Localized Metabolic Enhancer

CortiSolveâ„¢ (3beta-acetoxyandrost-5-ene-7,17-dione), a safe and natural metabolite of DHEA, is an effective agent in suppressing excessive cortisol production. SesaThinâ„¢ is a naturally occurring lignan present in sesame oil. It possesses great potential for decreasing fat mass, via increased fatty acid oxidation and inhibition of fat storage pathways.

Ab-Solvedâ„¢ provides all of the metabolic benefits of CortiSolveâ„¢ and SesaThinâ„¢ in a Patent Pending localized infusion matrix. Its targeted application is specifically designed to make Ab-Solved the definitive product for those seeking to get rid of troublesome midsection fat and visceral adipose tissue, in which excess cortisol is the primary contributor to fat gain, and which is associated with insulin resistance, high blood pressure, and other pathologies of Metabolic Syndrome X.

LipoDERM

Containing Yohimbine Hydrochloride in Avant Labs' hydroalcoholic gel, Lipoderm ULTRA activates targeted fat reduction at the site(s) of application, while avoiding the negative side effects associated with systematic distribution. Expanding upon its predecessor's revolutionary formula, LipoDerm-ULTRA utilizes a number of ancillary fat-fighting ingredients that decrease nutrient uptake and insulin sensitivity in the fat cell, while concurrently increasing leptin expression, leptin sensitivity, and other lipolytic signals such as cAMP and norepinephrine, for maximal fat depletion. In addition, this new formula modestly facilitates increased utilization of fatty acids in muscle while sparing glycogen. Lastly, Lipoderm-ULTRA incorporates a local diuretic that neutralizes water retention, making it easier to evaluate progress during use.

Ive also could copy a few posts of guys who have tried these products and they have worked. Logs etc.

• 4 months later...

"the much hated skinny fat look"

LOL yeah I know the look I had this as a kid when I started to try to gain weight ( nothing scientific just eating everything in the house!) weight just went on around the middle.

It will come off but only when nearly all other fat has gone, it is just hard work and I have had to resort to cardio or supplements to do it. With the correct diet though it will come off in time. The main thing though is time, we all want to see results fast.

• 1 month later...
I know I've only been to the gym for about 1&1/2 month's & I've lost about 4kg's , But why do I still have a gut's & love handle's!

I've grown muscle mass & I'm happy ," But still"? Any ideas?

geez Boney, 4 kilo's in 6 weeks is pretty good especially considering you have probably put on a couple kg of muscle :nod:
Yeah its genetic mate, im stuck with weight around the midsectionk, thus i can have a skinny body overall but have a tummy.. if you get what i mean:

the much hated skinny fat look.

LOL; Varven the only thing genetic about a fat gut, is eating the foods your parents ate and not getting enough exercise :wink:

Your right deegee, it took a long while to grow, so it's going to take a while to shrink :doh:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it is easier to lose weight than to gain.

People have lost 60 kg in 12 months; the late Paul Jeffrey's was one example.

Try gaining 60kg in a year; it took him around 15 - 20 years I think :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I understand that 4kilos in 6weeks is pretty good now :nod: Thanks

L.B.Boy and I am gainning that 4kgs back , BUT lossing my guts :grin: And my workout at the gym gets easyer and gets bumped up just about every viz 8)

LOOKOUT

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

as i a bit of a short ass only 5ft 7 wen i put on weight the first place it goes is the gut, and last place it comes off wen shreeding down, but lucky for me arms and shoulders seam to lose the weight first so even if theres a bit of fat of the six pac i still have not to bad seperation between chest and front delts and good cuts in my arms