Ad-Fit

8 Ballin.

Ad-Fit, worst thing next to sweat left on the Gym Equipement.  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Ad-Fit, worst thing next to sweat left on the Gym Equipement.

• Super Shit
    • Decent, best thing since Vogel sliced bread

Now they may not be a Gym as such, but work very closely along side a fair few.

But on a more serious note, how fucking shit are these guys with their services?

I have talked to 20+ people who comment on how their CSR's cannot manage to fucking get a payment day set 100% and not to change the date due to "public holidays" "complications with pay-ments" etc etc

Enough, guys. Any more off-topic talk in this thread, and we'll start handing out suspensions.

Back to Adfit. I'm signed up with them. Never used the membership to train outside of Auckland though - they were just the only option Club Physical gave me when I joined. Can't say I've had any problems though. I just set it to direct debit and forget it.

hmm Adfit, from my perspective as a Gym owner. Nothing wrong with the company per say. They take care of the admin side of collecting money from members for the majority of Clubs in NZ. In exchange they take a percentage of your membership fees. The problem is since they handle so many Clubs, you are at the end of the day just a number - it has to be this way since they probably have 10's of thousands of members on their books. As the original poster pointed out when there are problems it can prove difficult to sort out - remember the poor souls in their call centre spend their working day dealing with grumpy members. Some of this is of the industries own making. As an owner we like people to sign up on Direct debits or Automatic payments, it gives the Club a regular cash flow even over the dead periods like Christmas and more importantly we don't have to resell a membership to them at the end of their contract, they just keep on paying whether or not they use the Club. Unfortunately in my opinion we don't make it clear enough what people are actually signing up to. A contract is nearly always defined as a minimum term contract - meaning that if for example you sign up for 12 months you must pay for 12 months and after the minimum term finishes your contract will continue until you cancel. The sly part of this is most contracts have a little box buried in the fine print. If you don't tick this box then payments will continue after the minimum period has elapsed. By burying it in the fine print most people don't see it and some get very grumpy when their contract ends but money still keeps coming out, they get even grumpier when they discover there's nothing they can do to get that money back.

I personally have a real problem with this kind of marketing, I wouldn't like it to happen to me so I sure as hell don't want it happening to my members. So a couple of years ago we stopped putting members onto Adfit and instead manage these payments ourselves. Our form is firstly very simple and secondly you HAVE to tick the box for payments to continue after your minimum contracted period. Since we require you to tick the box that clearly states 'continue payments until further notice', we don't have the problem of grumpy ex-members. I would rather have a happy ex-member, who we may see back at some stage, than a grumpy ex-member who tells all their friends how they felt ripped off. Most Clubs rely on a big chunk of non-active 'members' who continue to pay but never visit. I would be lying if I said my Club was any different but at least they know the wool hasn't been pulled over their eyes. We still sell Adfit memberships occasionally since for those that travel a lot they can be handy as you can use other Clubs. But the vast majority now use our own system and when they have a problem the voice at the end of the phone will be someone they probably know i.e. a receptionist at the Club. With the advances in Club management software it's just as easy to process payments without needing a third party. At the end of the day the money paid to Adfit and companies like it mean there's less money to invest in the Club. Also in my experience when you're dealing with members who have stopped paying, Adfit has no more success in recovering the money than we do, after all if the member concerned has no money then it doesn't matter who trying to recover it. In fact I would say we have a better recovery % since we can usually try to work something out with the member concerned. Believe it or not I have a member who pays for his membership with veggies he grows in his back garden - my accountant doesn't like it, but he's healthy and my grocery shopping bill is a little lighter :lol:

I'm not dumping on Adfit, they follow industry norms and in general do a good job. But I do have issues with our industry in general, far to much hard selling and 'clever' marketing for my liking. We do have members who have been 'saved' by these kind of campaigns i.e. would never have joined a Gym without it getting a cold call and have gone on to become regulars whose life's have literally been transformed. Unfortunately the majority have merely gone on to paying our rent and buying equipment they'll never use.

Hope this enlightens people on how the system works. I could go on all night...

Its pretty fucking simple though, simply read the contract! nobody bothers to do so. If they spent any time looking at it once they signed they would see the conditions, its all there in blue and white.They main thing i feel is bad about adfit and also the bank is the amount that gets charged if a payment is missed. Adfit charge a $10 fee and then the bank charge a fee which hurts when the missed amount is only $10-20. The moral of the story is to be responsible with your money really and that comes down to the client.

u have the record for the amount of posts X characters used lol, u obviously know ur stuff good to have u around

The Army taught me how to type 20 years ago. Hated it at the time, but I thank them now! Learning morse code hasn't come in handy much though :grin:

lol my m8 works there :P people hu get smart to them usually f*ck them selfs up cuz they swear inm shit bt they still hve to pay cuz all the info is infront of them lol its mean funi wen i see him and he tells me bout a couple of people during the week.. lol ad fit always gets the money other wise the get debt collecters on thur ass... as a company there owners are fucking rich ass man Maserati is one of the cars one of the owners drive :P

Like iwilson i used adfit for my old gym in ChCh (world gym) Pretty much if you follow and abide by the contract set in place you have very few problems. the only real problems we had was when my staff had not completed the paper work correctly or the person entering into the contract had given wrong account details etc, then you end up in sistuation where you were always chasing payments and contract were going back and forth for correction. i dont doubt that there is the odd time when there are mistaked by adfit, but considering the volume these guys deal with the odd mistake is bound to happen, just a pain if you are that client.