becbec's road to recovery

becbec

I'm impressed... logging workouts on the fly :) shame about the knees, tho.

That diet still looks light-on to me - esp if you're going to do an afternoon weights workout...I'd recommend pre-loading a lot of the diet into the mornings, rather than later in the day, if your circumstances allow.

icing knees now and munching down the anti-inflammatories haha

yeah i noticed that i eat a lot more in the afternoon (probably in relation to boredom) than i do in the morning, something i will work on this week :nod:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That gap from mid-arvo to dinner can be a killer, eh! It might be hard to fit eating around school timings, but it can be done - if you can find a way to get the tins of tuna/ chop-chop-chicken, they can be scoffed quickly...

I'm certainly a fan of the six-small-meals-a-day theory, I find it helps stave off the mid-arvo hunger pangs.

With you wanting to tone and grow stronger, feeding the muscle glycogen stores will be important, so anything that helps time your food intake around workouts is a good idea.

With you wanting to tone and grow stronger, feeding the muscle glycogen stores will be important, so anything that helps time your food intake around workouts is a good idea.

I find if i eat too close to a workout i get bad acid reflux and feel like puking :x

maybe i should invest in pre workout shakes?

the raisins were good for a quick sugar boost before workout

I find if i eat too close to a workout i get bad acid reflux and feel like puking :x

maybe i should invest in pre workout shakes?

the raisins were good for a quick sugar boost before workout

yeah last meal should be about an hour before your workout. Preworkout shakes are a good idea and also a double size shake straight after helps protect and build your muscles. for glycogen stores, sugar boost etc alot of people seem to use dextrose in their shakes. personally i cant stand it so i have a jam sandwich on white bread :D .

tfb is rite on with the 6 meals thing, not only does it keep you feeling full but it jacks up your metabolism so you lose more fat

yeah last meal should be about an hour before your workout. Preworkout shakes are a good idea and also a double size shake straight after helps protect and build your muscles. for glycogen stores, sugar boost etc alot of people seem to use dextrose in their shakes. personally i cant stand it so i have a jam sandwich on white bread :D .

tfb is rite on with the 6 meals thing, not only does it keep you feeling full but it jacks up your metabolism so you lose more fat

where can i get dextrose from?

Just do what i do...go straight from the gym to the supermarket and raid the bulk bins in the lolly aisle :pfft:

haha i'm lucky at my supermarket the lolly bulk bins are sorta separate to everything else, goddamn checkout isle chocolate bars though.. ohwell!

arg talk about a bad day :(

woke up and decided to do a small ab work out

about 50 crunches (knees up in air in line with hips)

1 min of straigh leg pulsing with a slight cruch (clenching abs)

20 bike crunch things

was hard enough getting down on the ground let alone getting back up! i had to get someone to help me, damn you swollen knees :cry:

diet:

m1: 2 pieces of vogels linseed. 1 with 2 egg white and 1 yolk and one with peanut butter

m2: 4 plain mini rice crackers

m3: 1 egg, 4 shot coffee

m4: 2 handfulls of raisins

m5: yoghurt

m6: cup veges, chicken breast with soy sauce

m7: got hungry round 9pm so i had a 1/2 serve sculpt

AAhh there's nothing like a good '?'

Sorry you're not feeling so good today, Laura is not feeling so good either. Take it easy!!

hehe i changed them now

dreading putting the dose of one of my medicines up cause it causes fluid retention but i think i'm gonna have to do it, waa :cry:

decided to put my meds up cause i'm not worried about fluid retention as i'm getting some of that dandelion root extract so i feel HEAPS better :grin: although another side effect of increasing the dose is high blood pressure and heart rate.... :x

workout:

10 mins crosstrainer (spent most of it with my heart rate up round 180-190bpm, almost fainted after i got off)

10 mins bike (same goes for this, had to sit down for 10 mins before i could walk down the stairs and another 10 mins in the car before i felt ok to drive)

didn't do any weights today, will see how i feel tomorrow

diet:

m1: tiny scoop of protein powder with 1 cup of oats and trim milk

m2: small handfull of raisins

m3: 3/4 185g tuna, 4 shot mocha

m4: rest of my raisins (1 handfull) and 1 handfull of almonds, apple

m5: salad - 1 tomato, 2 leaves of lettuce, smoked chicken, 2 slices of cheese, balsamic vinigarette dressing (small amount)

m6: hot chocolate

weighed myself after the gym too: 65.5 kg :?

Don't worry about your weight at the moment especially as you said your meds can give you fluid retention. You know depending on what time of the month a womans weight can fluctuate between .5-3kgs, mostly not that high I guess, except me :grin: You're excercising when you can and improving your diet so all good in the hood.

Don't worry about your weight at the moment especially as you said your meds can give you fluid retention. You know depending on what time of the month a womans weight can fluctuate between .5-3kgs, mostly not that high I guess, except me :grin: You're excercising when you can and improving your diet so all good in the hood.

it would probably help if i weighed myself at the same time of day each time :roll:

measurements are

hips: 86cm

waist: 75cm

shoulders: 103cm

forearm: 23cm

upper arm: 27cm

thigh: 54cm

calf: 36cm