THE TRIP: Lee's path to the Olympia 2005

Pseudonym

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little off topic but does Lee live in texas itself ? And more curiosity on the real life of Pro BB'ers, I gather most of them live off shows and product endorsements and the like.. most of them dont have a "day job"... do they ?

Doesnt look like he is doing too badly for himself what ever his source of income!

Lee lives in Austin, Texas. It's quite hot here at the moment, around 32 degrees, but everywhere has aircon so it's bearable.

Lee is under contract to Twinlab. He is their number one athlete. I am not going to get into exact figures but he is in the top 5 earners in the sport!!! A lot of revenue is generated via his endorsed products like Tshirts, photos, character figures, shoes, drag racing, apparel, etc. He can earn up to 10k a day by just selling his products at the Twinlab booth at a show. He doesn't pay for any travel or hotel fees or food etc when traveling as that is covered by his Twinlab contract. Shit, even I am covered whilst I'm here!!!!

Supplements - well, hey, we have supplements coming out our ears, you name it he has it!!! 3 huge boxes just arrived yesterday, loaded with practically everything Twinlab makes. They just send them about every 2 weeks!!! I'm thinking of starting up a supplement store on the side of the road and selling some to earn some extra cash!!! (just kidding).

So all in all he's pretty FLUSH, as far as his job goes. This is his job - training, dieting, resting, competing and appearances!! Oh, and watching movies and driving fast cars!!

Don't pro-bodybuilders have to do as little as possible during the day (aside from training and eating) so their muscles can grow at a faster rate? Because if they had busy lifestyles all the calories they consumed would be used on performing day-to-day activities and not muscle growth/reapair...

Just something I heard...

Well Im sure they 'rest' more than the average gym goer, but if they were being active Im sure some Glutamine, Shakes , BCAA, HMB should make sure theyre recovering well enough :nod:

lol im sure they have OTHER supplements to rely on man :grin:

Hey today is day of COOL cause I'm tired, not sleeping too good yet!!

Yesterday we did arms - bis and tris.

We did around 20 sets on each, with Lee's most impressive lift being the close grip bench press which he did 4 plates aside (20kgs each) for 10 reps!! Pretty good really considering it was after biceps and our 3rd tricep exercise!!! (I did 2.5 plates aside for 10 reps in comparison).

Today we did his bodyfat and he has come down by 1.7% this week - a bit quick really, so we are having a high calorie intake. Lee was ready in 2.6 seconds flat to go eat... fastest I have seen him move since I got here!!!!

Here's some pics of the arm workout, and Lee with our chef Billy who is cooking all Lee's food!!

post-249-14166816801201_thumb.jpg

post-249-14166816801433_thumb.jpg

post-249-14166816801654_thumb.jpg

Yesterday we did arms - bis and tris.

We did around 20 sets on each, with Lee's most impressive lift being the close grip bench press which he did 4 plates aside (20kgs each) for 10 reps!! Pretty good really considering it was after biceps and our 3rd tricep exercise!!! (I did 2.5 plates aside for 10 reps in comparison).

Nice one. 2.5 plates 10reps is pritty good, as I know your form would have been 100%

No dude - that's Lee's chef!! Dude, I am way more pretty than that. I'm the guy in the ad at the top of the page holding the tire. The mechanic, I call it!!!

Yes, I will describe Lee's diet for you. We are just about to revise it today. Revising the plan every 7 days is essential to keep the metabolic rate going and to keep track on body fat loss and protect muscle loss!!!

Ideally there should be a calorie change every 12 days otherwise the metabolism adjusts and slows!! There are numerous ways of doing this, high cal days, low cal days etc, but since we can measure Lee every 7 days we can keep on top of it week to week!!!

Here's a piece of useless info for yas:

You know the hulk advert you see every time you log on to this site, WEEEELLLL that is Lee. Well, his body and movements anyhow. Lee did all the CGI stuff for the hulk for the digital imaging at George Lucas' studio, and every time someone buys the DVD Lee gets a royalty payment

Cool, huh!!

No dude - that's Lee's chef!! Dude, I am way more pretty than that. I'm the guy in the ad at the top of the page holding the tire. The mechanic, I call it!!!

Hrdcor, Im poking fun, I know it isnt you, cause from your description of your stats, journal etc, it sorta gives it away that you would be a wee bit bigger than that.. I guess Im mostly trying to say havent seen any pics of you yet.. didnt get the part about the tire ? anyway will be great to hear more about Lee's diet.. is it like R.C. before 2004 Mr. o ?