THE TRIP: Lee's path to the Olympia 2005

Pseudonym

Hear ye, hear ye!

NZBB is pleased to announce its coverage of the Olympia 2005.

Our special correspondent, Hrdcor, will be in the States with Lee Priest for nine weeks leading up to the Olympia. He will bring the inside scoop in all the training, dieting and being grumpy that's required when tackling a competition of this size.

For those who couldn't make it to the seminar Lee gave in Auckland earlier this year, there may be opportunities to ask him questions through Hrdcor.

(Incidentally, a preview of the seminar video is available here)

This coverage is exclusive to NZBB, so watch this space...

:grin:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

.:: THE TRIP ::.

Hi everyone, wassssup?!

Well, things have been very hectic here in Vegas. Arrived here at 3pm Friday afternoon, and Lee and I went straight to the drag track as Lee had racing starting at 4.30!! I was a pit man for the whole weekend, ran around with the team doing whatever they wanted done!! Lee kicked arse!! Won the Entire Event on Fri night, then on Sat night took overall second after eliminating 62 cars in the class!!! We didn't finishing racing until 2.30 in the morn!!!

All this whilst training and dieting... Dammmm, we have had to be organised - food prep, storage, fluid, etc etc!!

We have trained chest and legs while we have been here,and I must say, I did not bad at all. Lee absolutely killed me with the DB presses though - 180lb for 12 reps!!!! Shit, I got big just lifting them up to him!!

It is a different world over here, everywhere we go Lee is swamped by fans and photo hunters. We must have at least 20 addresses that we have to send photos to when we get back home, and those are just for the waiters and people who give free stuff to Lee if he only signs a picture for them - not the many, many people who come up to him in the streets and say, "WOW, unbelievable. LEE PREIST!!!"

We fly home to Austin, Texas tomorrow, so I will give you all detailed updates when we get settled and into our routine, but let me say this:

Lee is on target for the Olympia (thank God) and looks unbelievable, weighing currently 225lb and at 8% bodyfat. I mean, we measured his arms and they were 22 inches cold!!! Man... THE TRIP has started so here we go!!

Regards HRDCOR

Hey everyone hows things?

Well, we are in Austin, Texas, after flying all day yesterday (it is Tue morn US time). We had long delays in our flights and ran out of food in Philly, but lucky Lee knew a buddy there and we rang him and got him to prepare a meal for us and bring it to the airport for us!!! serious huh!!

Today we got up at 7am and did 30min cardio, then came back and ate, we had coffee and CLA and L-carnitine and fat burners prior to the cardio, the usual supps in a fat burning plan.

We will eat again soon, then head to the gym for a workout, supps will be based around muscle protection from today onwards, ie Glutamine 20g per day, HMB three times per day, etc.

I will post later with our workout and let you know how it went. If you have anything you wanna ask feel free to go ahead and do so.

Ok check in later, regards HRDCOR

PS: got a heap of photos to put up of the drags and stuff, just gotta get the computer sorted to do it, but it won't be long... some cool drag racing ones!!!

Hey everyone hows things?

Well, we are in Austin, Texas, after flying all day yesterday (it is Tue morn US time). We had long delays in our flights and ran out of food in Philly, but lucky Lee knew a buddy there and we rang him and got him to prepare a meal for us and bring it to the airport for us!!! serious huh!!

Haha that would have been an amusing conversation! :pfft:

Sounds like you've having a ball, looking foward to seeing these pictures :)

Lee is currently eating 3200cals per day - 300g of protein per day, and basically rice and salad make up the rest. He is eating 7 times per day, with the carbs being dropped for the final 2 meals.

His protein comes via chicken, steak, and whey protein--- so as you can see it is pretty much your standard bodybuilding diet food.

The supplements we are using are: L-Glutamine, L-carnitine, CLA, BCAAs, and thermos. We will add HMB soon... the plan is all about muscle preservation.

Ohhh, Lee just came in and said, "F-cking dieting - I want more food!!!!!" Oh, and hello!!!

Ok today we did Shoulders. I was screwed from Back the day before, but stuck there... Shit, the hardest thing was lifting up Lees D/Bs!

Anyhow, here's how it went - this is Lee's work:

D/B shoulder presses, 6xsets, top/w 140lb for 10 reps!!!!!!

Hammer strength shoulder press, 5sets, top/w 4-1/2 plates a side, 12 reps.

Machine side laterial, 6 sets, last 2 drop sets, top/w full stack, don't know the weight, but I couldnt move it!!! 8 reps

Rear delt machine, 5 sets, top weight 170lb 12 reps

Rear delt D/Bs , 3 sets top/w 50lb 10 reps

Done, then eat!!! The workout took about an hour as Lee has a good rest between sets, whereas I usually work a little quicker, so I am always on his arse to speed things up. But no matter what I say, he still goes at his pace!!!

Cardio is curently 30min in the morning on empty stomach, and 30min in the evening before the last protein meal. That's today.

Yep guys, gals, photos are coming. We are just having trouble sorting them out - you know... two bodybuilders trying to work a complicated machine!!!!

Today was hammies and calves again.

We started out on this real cool machine which just nailed the hammies, and we did 5 sets on this. I actually went heavier on this than Lee did!!!

We then moved to another cool machine that we did 4 sets on. Then we did 4 sets of stiff legged D/B - we got up to 65 lb D/Bs.

Then we did seated calf press, 6 sets of 20 reps, heavier than the other day.

We have done a deal with the place Lee normally eats at and they are going to prepare 3 of the chicken and steak meals Lee eats every day. I have given them the plan and exact weights and instruction that is needed and they follow them to the letter (ounce!) - cool huh!!! After one week us two bachelors (well, not me - I have a beautiful wife, but Lee's single) got sick of all the cooking and dishes, so this is perfect, and it's cheaper than making it ourselves!!!! Not that dumb after all, huh!!!

Lee's drag car has just been fully sponsored by TWINLAB next year, and they are going to have it on display at the Olympia. We have worked out a plan where I will start the thing up while all the guys are doing their posing routines and shut it down when Lee does his!! Not dumb after all, huh!!!

Talk soon, going to movies!!! Hrdcor