This any good?

brock_solid

I was talking to my uncle today who used to body build in his earlier days, he told me to get Mega Mass 5000, or any Joe Weider protein powders, since my goal is to bulk up and put on weight, i want weight more than muscle at the moment since im pretty skinny. This looks pretty good, should i buy it, or tips? cheers.

http://www.chemistonline.co.nz/shop/view_product.php?product=WP6599&PHPSESSID=a5af1290634266995db46a7b7254c349

I can't really comment on the quality of the product without seeing the stats.

However, from what I understand, the Mega Mass 5000 is one of the original protein powders, and would be what your uncle used back in the day. A friend told me his supplement store still carried it because a few old-timers still swore by it. You can tell by the packaging that its marketed at the "veterans". :D

That's not to say it's a bad product, of course... I really don't know.

In general though, I'd steer clear of mass gainers. They are usually just full of extra carbs - often sugar. That's how they put mass on you... but it's not lean mass! IMO, it's more cost effective to buy the standard protein powder, then add extra carbs/fats yourself if need be. Use foods like oats, bananas, or peanut butter.

(The old-timers will approve of those foods as well - although they might suggest throwing a few raw eggs into the mix too! :puke:)

Thats because you cant get any Fontera stuff, or are not meant to , couldnt you work that out, and yes you do need to eat a carb based protein mix if you are after a"Quick 3-4 kgs" as you put it, proberbly one of the best formulas for you would be the Balance Mass Gainer, and I would suggest that you have a full serve mid morning, midafternoon, and again at night on top of your normal breakfast-lunch and dinner.

Go to http://www.rnc.co.nz and there you can get it at a disc rate also take a look at the Mass Pack Deal in the starter pack section as that may help you as well !!

Thats because you cant get any Fontera stuff, or are not meant to , couldnt you work that out, and yes you do need to eat a carb based protein mix if you are after a"Quick 3-4 kgs" as you put it, proberbly one of the best formulas for you would be the Balance Mass Gainer, and I would suggest that you have a full serve mid morning, midafternoon, and again at night on top of your normal breakfast-lunch and dinner.

Go to http://www.rnc.co.nz and there you can get it at a disc rate also take a look at the Mass Pack Deal in the starter pack section as that may help you as well !!

Alright, thanks :)

Do you know if Rebel sport in Wellington will have it?

I would buy it from the site but i don't have a credit card.

Well i went to a health shop today, they didn't have the mass gainer from balance, i asked the lady but she said they don't have it but can order it in, so i just picked up 2kg of nutra life mass gainer i think its called, tastes pretty nice aswell :pfft:

Cheers for the help though :P