L.A Muscle W-Out

L.A Muscle

Thought I might as well jump on the ban wagon. Here is today's training program.

CHEST and TRI's

I don't normally train tris with chest but had a bit left so I emptied the tank.

Flat BB Bench

2 x 40kg 30 rep warm up.

1 x 60kg 20 rep

1 x 80kg 15 rep

1 x 100kg 12 rep

1 x 120kg 10 rep

1 x 140kg 8 rep

1 x 160kg 6 rep

1 x 100kg 10 rep

Incline BB Press

1 x 60kg 20 rep

1 x 100kg 12 rep

1 x 120kg 10 rep

1 x 140kg 6 rep

Incline DB Flys

1 x 20kg 20 rep

1 x 25kg 15 rep

Weighted Dips

1 x 20kg 15 reps

1 x 15kg 12 reps

1 x max no weight 33 reps

Skull Crushers

1 x 20kg 20 rep

1 x 30kg 15 rep

1 x 40kg 12 rep

1 x 30kg 12 reps

Tricep Push Downs

1 x 1/2 stack 20 rep

1 x 3/4 stack 15 rep

1 x full stack 810 rep

Bench + Swiss Ball Dips

2 x max around 30ish

Thats it. Took around 1hr 15 min

Weight 104kg

Hight 5/10

Body fat around 10%

I train different every week but I only train each body part once.

Last week on day I trained

1. Quads + hammies

2. chest

3. back

4. boxing training

5. guns, bis/tris

6. shoulders + traps

7. calf's

This week

1. Quads

2. back

3. chest + tris

4. boxing training

5. hammies + calf's

6. tomorrow shoulders + traps

7. boxing training

Next week I'll change it up again. I never do the same thing week to week.

Different exercises, different weights, sets, machines, different days.

Like Hard core I like to tackle legs on day one, when I'm fresh. Legs take it out of me, big time. The only thing that stays the same in my life in my diet. Chicken & Rice.

Boxing training?? whos pissed you off ?

EVERYONE!!!!! :twisted: :madman: No it just Something different, I wont to fight in the K1 next year. That's my new goal anyway. BB in NZ just isn't appealing anymore, there doesn't seen to be anything for me to aim for. I will continue to weight train but with a new focus. Its actually been a good thing I have that fire in my belly again. Training is exciting when you have a goal, don't you think?

LA muscle, best of luck with your training and great to see another log on here. Do feel free to share details about fight training as well, Im sure some of us would be very interested. I sure as hell wouldnt want to be facing you in the ring mate :wink:

LA muscle, best of luck with your training and great to see another log on here. Do feel free to share details about fight training as well, Im sure some of us would be very interested. I sure as hell wouldnt want to be facing you in the ring mate :wink:

Thanks Varven, next week I'll tell ya some more Re: boxing training.

For Now just finished training Shoulders and Biceps.

Smith machine miliary press

1 x 20kg 30 rep

1 x 30kg 20 rep

1 x 40kg 15 rep

1 x 60kg 15 rep

drop set

1 x 80kg 15 rep

60kg 10 rep

20kg max 36 rep

D/B Side Lat raises

I dont go heavy on these, form is very important nice and slow.

1 x 10kg 20rep

1 x 12kg 20rep

1 x 15kg 15rep

drop set

1 x 15kg 16rep

12kg 10rep

10kg 8rep

6kg 12rep

no weight, just a squeeze 20rep

Hammer strength shoulder press

1 x 20kg 20rep

1 x 40kg 15rep

1 x 60kg 15rep

Drop set

1 x 80kg 10rep

40kg 12rep

Biceps

D/B cocentration curls

1 x 10kg 20 rep

1 x 15kg 15 rep

1 x 20kg 12rep

1 x 25kg 9 rep

seated D/B curls

1 x 15 kg 15rep

1 x 20 kg 12 rep

1 x 25kg 9 rep

cabel curls

1 x 1/2 stack 15 rep

1 x 3/4 stack 15 rep

1 x hole stack 10 rep

reverse curls

2 x 12 stack 15 rep

That's it today. I'm nursing a small bicep tear so that's why it not very heavy, and allot of one arm curls.

Pussy !!! Tell you what Bro you turn up at K1 looking like you do now,who cares if you get smashed, you would be the best bod there,and thats would be worth the price of admission alone, now all you gotta do is a Graig Titus, as he has challenged a loud mouth vegas PRIDE fighter to a fight !!

Pussy !!! Tell you what Bro you turn up at K1 looking like you do now,who cares if you get smashed, you would be the best bod there,and thats would be worth the price of admission alone, now all you gotta do is a Graig Titus, as he has challenged a loud mouth vegas PRIDE fighter to a fight !!

Yer, whatever happened with that. I know Craig can handle himself, did the other guy pussy out.

Yer, whatever happened with that. I know Craig can handle himself, did the other guy pussy out.

titus wans him to put up money for the fight. somthing like 40K i heard. its never gonna happen

He wants to participate in K1. Hence he must alter his training programme to achieve a desired performance. Bodybuilding, as we know it, doesn't rely heavily on performance, it's shifted more towards symmetry. Kickboxing is about performance, as many other sports. Looking good in the ring won't score you any points with the judges. So the high-rep training would indicate muscular endurance required for kickboxing and not specifically bodybuilding.

:shock: At the reps! Do you always train with high reps? Is your training style your own of have you adapted various other methods?
LA, how does high rep seem to work for you ? Do you reccomend that rep range for newbies as well... as in people who have been lifting for <1 year and so forth ?

I have been training for a long time with many different training partners in lots of different countries. Over the years I took a little something from all of there training methods. I have small joints and find that prolonged low rep heavy weights destroy my body. So for one week every 5-6 weeks I will train Heavy low reps around 6 for working sets, for one day per body part. The rest of the year I train as above. I push myself to max on the last final sets of each exercise. Last week I did this with chest just to see if my bicep was up to it. (i have a bicep injury)

I have in the past enjoyed training heavy, my best lifts are : squat 280kg 6 reps. Bench 190kg 5reps. D/liftkg 290 7reps. Seated D/Bell Curls 40kg 7reps. I could not do these weights now as you need to train up to this weight. I find that adding a small amount of weight each week, say 5kg total increase over a long period of time there is no reason why anyone cant lift this sort of weight and more.

I find a mixture of high reps low reps, changing from week to week works well of my body type. Hell some weeks I do 100 rep sets on the leg press just to shock my body, and I can tell you for the next few days I know I've trained legs. Try it some time.

He wants to participate in K1. Hence he must alter his training programme to achieve a desired performance. Bodybuilding, as we know it, doesn't rely heavily on performance, it's shifted more towards symmetry. Kickboxing is about performance, as many other sports. Looking good in the ring won't score you any points with the judges. So the high-rep training would indicate muscular endurance required for kickboxing and not specifically bodybuilding.

This is true, but I have always done this sort of training even when I was getting ready for a show. My body just responded well to high reps. Also by training like this I never got that many injury's, until this year ( maybe im getting old)

Quads only to-day... Well leg press day more like it.

5min warm up on bike

Leg Ex

3 sets light weight 30 rep

Leg Press

1 x 120kg 30rep

1 x 160kg 30rep

1 x 200kg 20rep

1 x 240kg 20rep

1 x 280kg 15rep

1 x 320kg 15rep

1 x 400kg 12rep

1 x 440kg 12 rep

1 x 480kg 10 rep

could have done a few more at 480, but just about :toilet: myself!!!!

1 x Double my body weight 220kg 60reps non stop. :madman:

Car park lungers (Bar Bell)

3 x 80meters 40kg

Leg Ex

3 x half stack (Light) 20rep

5min warm down and stretch.

My legs were gone after the lungers so leg Ex was light.

Will do squats next week with around the same sets as leg press.

Quads only to-day... Well leg press day more like it.

5min warm up on bike

Leg Ex

3 sets light weight 30 rep

Leg Press

1 x 120kg 30rep

1 x 160kg 30rep

1 x 200kg 20rep

1 x 240kg 20rep

1 x 280kg 15rep

1 x 320kg 15rep

1 x 400kg 12rep

1 x 440kg 12 rep

1 x 480kg 10 rep

could have done a few more at 480, but just about :toilet: myself!!!!

1 x Double my body weight 220kg 60reps non stop. :madman:

Car park lungers (Bar Bell)

3 x 80meters 40kg

Leg Ex

3 x half stack (Light) 20rep

5min warm down and stretch.

My legs were gone after the lungers so leg Ex was light.

Will do squats next week with around the same sets as leg press.

nice leg workout man. lol i know the feeling on legpress, goto make sure you visit the john before you train :grin:

Hi all, today was Back. I boxed for 1 1/2 this morning so a little drained today.

Lat Pull downs

1 x 40kg 30 rep

1 x 50kg 20 rep

1 x 60kg 20 rep

1 x 70kg 15 rep

1 x 80kg 12 rep

1 x 90kg 10 rep

Seated Row

1 x 60kg 15rep

1 x 80kg 12rep

1 x 90kg 12rep

1 x 100kg 10rep

1 x 120kg 10 rep

Chin Ups

3 x 12 rep

1 x 9 rep

Dead lifts

1 x 60kg 12rep

1 x 80kg 12rep

1 x 120kg 10rep

1 x 160kg 10rep

1 x 120kg 8 rep

One Arm Rows

1 x 45kg 15rep

1 x 55kg 15rep

1 x 60kg 12rep

1 x 65kg 12rep

Just to let you know I do not sacrifice form when I add weight, if I cant lift I with correct form I just lift less.

I ended with a 5 min stretch.

My muscles ache just looking at those figures. Most impressive, best of luck with your goal of K1 :)

As a side note it would be great if you could post a picture or two, would really be motivating.

Thanks mate. my body is feeling it already. I'll take a few pic's over the weekend and post them next week for ya.

Here is one of me and a mate of mine in London end of last year. (me on left)

post-251-1416681675423_thumb.jpg