Zma&Tribulus

Matt

Hey has anyone tried stacking ZMA and Tirbulus?I've heard it works for some people and am just about to start. I'm using the Musashi stuff for both, apart from the price of about $14 each they seem alright. Any thoughts?

Price sounds about right, is it the black label musashi or the white label from the suppermarket, you can get musashi stuff from woolworths but it lower dosed and is consequently cheaper, id stick with the black label if your going to at all.

If youve got the money i dont see the harm, ive tried them, didnt really notice anything at all, i would probabley be on ZMA all the time if i could affford but not the trib.

I'm using the white labelled ones from woolowrths, would it be worth upping the dosage? I take the reccommended dosages but should i just up it to make it equivelant to the black label stuff. Yeah tribulus seems like it could be a bit of a waste of money. Is their hmb worth buying i've got some of that as well.

Cheers

Hay bro its not about taking more and it will work out the same. The price is different because of its purity. You can go to a mass pharmaceutical company and order "x" ingredient. Depending on how much you want to pay, you can get as low as 40% purity or as high as 99.99% purity. The ingredient will have the same name, but it will be completely different. The thing to do is look of a company that manufactures to pharmaceutical grade, not food grade. This is very important. Take L.A Muscle for example, LA Muscle sometimes gets labelled as expensive but this is only due to the fact that we give you 99.9% on all products all the time. You know we have the buying power, so it is not like we are paying more because we are small. We pay more for ingredients because we use ingredients on the highest end of the scale. I have no problems with people who buy cheaper products but please be aware at least that they are not the same products. Our products are tested by us, Trading Standards, Customs and the MCA. We sell the highest grade you can get. Compare the two.

ZMAX

INGREDIENTS PER DAY

LA TRIBULUS TERRESTIS 600mgs

ACETYL L-CARNITINE 450mgs

MAGNESIUM ASPARTATE 450mgs

CHRYSIN 150mgs

ZINC MONOMETHIONINE 30mgs

VITAMIN B6 3mgs

90 Tablets

RRP $129.99

Sale price $ 79

That work's out to be $2.60 a day

Sorry to say but I've found the Musashi Tribulus to be absolutely useless, along with most of the cheaper brands that are available. Because it's a fairly delicate herbal extract, I think this is one supplement where you really do get what you pay for.

I've done some research about Tribulus and found that there is a huge difference in the quality of the final product out there and in many cases, there is nothing in the capsules that can have any real effect. Some companies use the wrong parts of the plant, which don't contain the required active components or they use plants from areas other than Eastern Europe (from what I can tell only the European leaf is rich in the active components).

Also substandard manufacturing processes are widespread and inferior analysis methods are used to come up with the amounts on the label.

I've had excellent results using Biotest's Tribex and at the moment I am taking Tribulus from a reputable herbal company that can only be dispensed by a herbalist or medical practitioner, which also seems to be having a noticeable effect. I may switch back to Tribex or another of the Biotest products at some point to compare the effectiveness.

As for stacking with ZMA, I've never tried it so I can't comment.

Yeah the purity sounds about right it sounded too cheap. Im a bit strapped for cash after protein powder, creatine etc still being in college and all. Yeah i think i'll finish up the Tribulus and then buy another brand, but keep with the Musashi ZMA? Can anyone reccommend cheapish tribulus from a reputable brand? The la muscle one sounds great but a bit pricey...i needa work more :(

most of the cheaper brands that are available. Because it's a fairly delicate herbal extract, I think this is one supplement where you really do get what you pay for.

I've done some research about Tribulus and found that there is a huge difference in the quality of the final product out there and in many cases, there is nothing in the capsules that can have any real effect. Some companies use the wrong parts of the plant, which don't contain the required active components or they use plants from areas other than Eastern Europe (from what I can tell only the European leaf is rich in the active components).

You are 100% correct

Yeah the purity sounds about right it sounded too cheap. Im a bit strapped for cash after protein powder, creatine etc still being in college and all.

I know what you mean. When I saw the Musashi Tribulus, I thought it was a huge bargain but after 2 bottles and zero effects I was a bit disillusioned but didn't really expect too much for 14 bucks. I later tried the Red8 Tribulus and some GNC stuff that my brother in law gave me, also with zero results.

When I was on the Tribex, believe me there was no doubt that it was working. :jive:

I would honestly advise you to save your $$$ until you can get some of the good stuff.

BTW - how old are you that you want to use Tribulus? At my advanced old age, it makes a lot of sense but if I was in my early 20s, I would spend the money on food or more protein powder.

I'm only a youngun at 18, and i know that my Testosterone levles should be high but i guess i just worry that with heavy training that my levels might be slightly decreased. Just wanted to ensure good growth and get a step up on the other dudes my age short of using gear or pro hormones. Spose i'll just save my money and buy better brand ZMA and HMB. I hit a minimum of 200g of protein per day so i think i'll just try to take better care of my cabs and fat as im way too loose with those though i do avoid crappy sugars and saturated fats.

i know that my Testosterone levles should be high but i guess i just worry that with heavy training that my levels might be slightly decreased.

If anything, heavy training will increase your production of testosterone. Squats, in particular.

A good ZMA would be helpful, since the zinc helps with testosterone production. I'd rate ZMA as being one of the only supplements I've actually seen a definite result from, more than just the usual "yeah, maybe that worked...?" response!

Mind you, I was zinc deficient to start with, so the ZMA brought them up to a proper level. If your zinc levels are already fine, I'm not sure whether it would still be as effective.

(And welcome to the board!) :D

Save your $$$. I reckon that the odds of your test being low at 18 are very slim and if it was, it would take more than Tribulus to fix it.

Jono will probably be here soon telling you to eat, eat, eat and then eat some more and he's absolutely right. Your diet is so critical as is being constant with the eating.

Damn I forgot to say welcome to NZBB earlier :D

Hahahaha yeah as you say eat eat eat im scoffing my final meal of eggs and tuna. I try to be really regualar in my eating and i eat a whole heap ( i could attach an eating plan if you like as im probably making a whole lot of mistakes being only a newbie having only been training and eating properly since the start of the year ). Yeah i'll hit the squats again tomorrow as its leg day.

Thanks for the welcome, i'm trying to leech knowledge! I've done a fair amount of reading and talking to people but extra is always helpful!

Hahahaha yeah as you say eat eat eat im scoffing my final meal of eggs and tuna.

Eggs and tuna last thing at night? That's pretty hardcore.

I've just knocked back a tub of cottage cheese and some flax oil - now there's a combo that will give you nightmares. :shock: