weight lifting gloves

a_king_007

hey dude,

Had the same problem. Work in an office and the skin kept on ripping off even after it went hard, so had to start using gloves. Just like you had the same problem even with some of the leather ones. try:

http://www.sportsdistributors.co.nz/webstore/index.wsp

Code OB015 for the weightlifting gloves. :D they are about $40 delivered.

Im on my second set. last set lasted about 8 months. ended up chucking them after they got put in the wash.

DONT USE GLOVES - a few quick reasons

1. I have read that there is a part of the hand, somewhere directly below the little finger that apparently is important for activating maximum strength through the direct pressure of the bar applied upon it. The effect is lessened GREATLY if one is wearing gloves. I would reference this article if I still had it. So bare hands for maximum strength and muscle recruitment.

2. Related to 1 somewhat - there is a "feel" thing whereby holding a bar in your bare hands is different to holding in a gloved hand. IMHO bare hands just feel "right" and give you a greater sense of "oneness" with the bar (not trying to be too new age there).

3. As already suggested calluses are great. They protect the hand...so then you dont need the gloves ever.

4. You may think they look cool, but really they look poofy (sorry).

Don't get off on these please, but calluses are pretty damn hot 8)

post-2764-14166819063005_thumb.jpg

Anyone else got big ones?

Reminds me of that comedy sketch, 4 guys sitting around talking about their big decks. How one of them doesn't like strangers on his deck, and another loves it. Then they offer to help a guy make his deck bigger LOL. One piece of advice was to trim the bush around the deck, it'll make it look bigger LMAO...here it is :twisted:

Best line:

After that party last weekend my wife couldn't stop talking about your deck!

Drew Carey: She was on it all night...I wanted to go to sleep she wouldn't get off it :twisted:

Oh yeah, weight lifting gloves are for the mardi gras not the gym.

Android,

My callouses would knock your callouses the f*ck out :D

Fortunately for you, Ive cleaned them up lately so they are at a fairly poor standard :D

Not to many ME Dead days coming up to bring them back either :cry:

Yeah but I got mine from lifting weights LOL :pfft: