basics

startinfromscratch

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back 13/2

tried sum wg pullups, did 5,3, not enough to be effective so..

deads 40x10,70x10,x10,x10,x10

one arm db row21x10,x10,x10,23x10rp,x9F

seated row54x10RP,60x7,x7RP

lat pulls 48x10,54x10rp,x10RP

lat pulls (straps) 60x8,x7

short n sweetm, want my lat strength up so i can do more pullups.

last 24 hours diets been fucked, too busy chasing pooder for valentines, just downed a mac attack plus boss burger! needed cals have had f*ck all today. went to le gran circ today, f*ck those little fuckers are strong!!

their conditioning is fucken impressive man, from a bbing point of view!

back 13/2

tried sum wg pullups, did 5,3, not enough to be effective so..

deads 40x10,70x10,x10,x10,x10

one arm db row21x10,x10,x10,23x10rp,x9F

seated row54x10RP,60x7,x7RP

lat pulls 48x10,54x10rp,x10RP

lat pulls (straps) 60x8,x7

short n sweetm, want my lat strength up so i can do more pullups.

last 24 hours diets been fucked, too busy chasing pooder for valentines, just downed a mac attack plus boss burger! needed cals have had f*ck all today. went to le gran circ today, f*ck those little fuckers are strong!!

their conditioning is fucken impressive man, from a bbing point of view!

lol you shouldnt be chasing you should let it come to you :nod:

so how come you want to do more pullups ?

legs/ core

warmups - bar squatsx20, 40kgx10

squats 70kx10,x10,x10,x10

leg press 150kx8,x8,x8RP,x7RP

lying ham curl48x8,x8,x7RP,x7F

leg ext78x10,84x7RP

plus 6 sets varioous crunches between leg sets.

strength is definitley up, (no laughing!) esp considering this was yet another sleep deprived w/out. have never done that much weight/reps for squats, never even tried the 75kaside on legpress before, so felt good! thinkin the twigs are gonna hurt tommora! :pfft:

suppose i better say roll on chest and bis! :shock:

17/2 chest bis

warmups- set of light db bench, light db curls, then in2it

inc db press 27x8,x6,x5(failed a 6th)

flat db bench27x8,x7,x7F,x7RP

bbel inc press 40x10,50x8,x7

cable flies 20x7,x7

bis sets were done in alternate with chest sets,

ezibar curls 10kasidex10,x8,x8RP,x8F,x7RP

db conc curls 12.5kx10,14kx8,x7RP

thats it. havent touched a barbell on chest day for months, just thought id have a crack for something different..

rest day today, small problem though..

after yesterday, have slight doms in outer chest and bis, and legs still sore!

but the last couple or reps in the db bench sets were real struggles, and i have a sore front delt on my left side. i find it a bit awkward getting into position on the incline bench, and thats where i think i tweaked it. supposed to be shoulders tris tommorow, but will do back and leave shoulders/tris for friday.

also want to see if swapping to db's for the last few months has given me more on my bench, so will do a barbell workout for chest next week. i remember last time i did bbell bench, i think i did 60kx5, just. so if i can do more than this( i should be able to) then i may give bbells another crack. Though without a spotter this means more sets, less rest cos i cant go to complete failure like the dbs....

legs/ core

warmups - bar squatsx20, 40kgx10

squats 70kx10,x10,x10,x10

leg press 150kx8,x8,x8RP,x7RP

lying ham curl48x8,x8,x7RP,x7F

leg ext78x10,84x7RP

plus 6 sets varioous crunches between leg sets.

strength is definitley up, (no laughing!) esp considering this was yet another sleep deprived w/out. have never done that much weight/reps for squats, never even tried the 75kaside on legpress before, so felt good! thinkin the twigs are gonna hurt tommora! :pfft:

suppose i better say roll on chest and bis! :shock:

You'd be surprised how strong your body really is when you push it - I reckon you could go a bit heavier with your squats and still be sweet; give it a go i reckon!

You'd be surprised how strong your body really is when you push it - I reckon you could go a bit heavier with your squats and still be sweet; give it a go i reckon!

yea i am tempted, esp cos 10 reps is a bit high for ideal mass building(so they say). i just sit in this rep range as a safety, and to ensure form. i use a box to control depth aswell.(parralel). i plan to go to 75kg nxt wk, but if i feelin good il try 80. 80 should put me in a better rep range, as long as i can ensure good form..

today Back

no warmup stretches, just started

deads 40kx10,70kx10,80kx10,x8,x10RP

one arm db rows 25x10,27x8,30x7,x7RP

seated row 60x9,x8,x8RP

f/down bbel bench rows 40x10,45x10,50x10RP,x10RP(used straps last 2 sets

lat pulldwns(straps) 60x8,x8,x10RP

question. with the bench bbell rows, i tend to lift up explosively, and lower it with control. is this correct? or is it better to keep the lifting motion slow?

or does it not matter?

tommorow is shoulders/tris, delt is still a bit sore so hopefully will be sweet!

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

20/2 shoulders tris

in hindsight i should have left shoulders out this week, left delt still wasnt 100%, which is quite sore now and did effect my w/out, not that i do much volume on shoulders atm. tri strength is up, next weeek i might add a massive 5kg to my b.w and try dipping :pfft:

again sets done in alternates, so written order is not exact order.

warmups-stretches

stand.mil.press 40x10,50x5,x4F,40x7,x7,x7,x7F

tri dips bwx10,x10,x10,x9F,x8

ezibar skulls 6.25kaside x 7F,x8,x8,x10RP

shrugs80x10,90x8,8f,7F

tri pushdowns 50x8,x9F,x9F

finished with a couple more dips b.w x 8F,x7(last rep was a SLOW lockout!)

now 2 days off, to relax. head hasnt really ben in it lately, hoping to get back some focus soon. legs are almost fully recovered from mondays legs, hams a little tight from yesterdays deads, and got good doms in lower back.

legs/core 23/2/09

well, decided to take 2phats advice and go for a 10k jump on squats, which was good cos it went well- considering last time i tried to do 80 i had such crap form that i hurt my back. Form was a bit iffy, but good enough to not have to drop it back at all. shoulda rested more after 2nd working set(obviously)

warmup - squats bar x15,40x10,60x10

squats 80x9, x7RP,x4,x6RP

legpress150x8,x9RP,x8,x8RP

lying ham curl 54x7F,x7F,x6, x5F

lex ext was busy, so just jumped on lpress and repped out 20 reps at 3pps, took a few groans but got it! :pfft:

between leg sets did 8 sets of ab work- 2 sets crunches,2 sets oblique crunches and 4 sets cable crunch..

there was (in the cardio room) the HOTTEST lil blondie today, 6foot of awesomeness that was rather distracting, its almost enough to make you wanna do cardio! almost... :pfft:

also my mutant mass arrived today, so time to up my cals as my weight has been havering about the same point for a few weeks. Am hoping by the time i finish this massive sack il be in the early 80's! so new diet will look something like this.

330am cup of raw oats, p.p serve,in water

0600 3 boiled eggs mashed/w mayo, 200g kumara

0800 180rm tin tuna, cup of rice (basmati)

1000 same as first meal

1200 chicken breast, cup of rice

100pm ish prew/out supp (superpump), sizeon during w/out

post w/out 40g dex, followed by 500cal mutant mass. then at home 2pieces of p/butter vogels.

500pm(ish) chicken breast or steak, cup of rice

0630(ish) other serve m/mass (500cal)

bed by 8 (yea right)

currently my weights around78-79, so this should take me up well past 80!(hopefully)

roll on tommorows chest tris, looking foward to trying the bbell inc again..

24/2/09 chest bis

i thought my left front delt was recovered from last week, turns out its not. it was sore as soon as i started the working sets, and is pissing me off. am thinking definitley give shoulders a miss this week, just do back/tris on thursday and then leave it for next week. legs are fucked from yesterday, they seem to be seizing up more as the day goes on :pfft:

workout felt ok, good pump, rep ranges were good, first time using bbell on chest day for months.. as usual alternated chest/bi/rest etc

inc bbell barx10,40x10,55x8,60x5,x5

flat bbell 60x7,x7,x6+3(got a spotter for this set)

flat db fly 12.5x9,14x9,14x6,12.5x8(poor form on 14's)

inc bench iso curls 10x10,14x10,x10,x10

conc curls 15.5x7F,x7,x7

ezibar curls 11.25aside x7F,x7RP,x7F

simul. hammers 12.5x10,14x7F(too easy to cheat these with swing!)

thought id be a dick and try conc curls with the 16.5s, got 3 out each arm.

thats all folks :pfft: :pfft:

well ive ben outa the gym since last tuesday, my left front delt has ben playing up due to sum dodgy inc db benching lol. got chest bis tommorow, really hoping delt is sweet, might take it light(er) lol just to be safe. did legs today, have missed being in the gym! not many sets, but all working sets were goin hard. again squats i feel that my core strength is holding me back, and again i have quite a lower back pump, must be a sure sign that form was off. hence last set of squats i dropped back weight and did slow, good form reps. anywhoo..

warmups squats barx10,40x10,x10,60x10

squats 80x10RP,x8,x5,60kx10

l.press 120x10,160(4pps)x9RP,x8RP,x8RP

lying leg curl 54x8F,x7F,x5F then dropset at 30,54x4F dropset at 24.

in between legpress sets did 5 sets rope crunches.

thinking i might do core stuff with back, and superset some calf work on leg day instead. really should be doing more core work to help with squats!

the dropsetting of the hammy curls absolutely killed my hamms, once you push through the leg pain on that light weight, fuk i could barely stand up :pfft: :pfft: so thinking will do keep doing this!

took a bi and tri shot on wknd, but fucken flash fone wont send them to my email :doh: will try and figure it out..

diet today

230am 100g oats, p.pwder

500am 4 boiled eggs, 200g kumara, lite mayo

700am cup brown rice, 180g tin tuna

900am 100g oats, ppwder

1100am cup b.rice, chicken breast with seasoning

1130am superpump, then sizeon in workout. 40g dex postw/out

drive home had half serve mutant mass with scoop p.pwder,then when i got home had 2 vogels toast with p.butter

after writing this ill have a cup b.rice and chicken breast, then later another half serve of mutant mass!

hoping this new increased cals will take me up to at least 85kilo! :pray: