basics

startinfromscratch

im writing this up now in preparation for starting my first 'bulk' next week. Will do it for at least 8 weeks, and see how i go. im 25, 5ft10", bf around 13%(according to callipers). weight was 75, got a stomach ulcer(dont know how) over xmas,and now weigh 72 :-(..... will be doing the first week at my old gym, and from then on will have joined unisport, which i cant wait for! im gonna post up my diet here, so i will only need to detail changes like cheatmeals etc. i train 4 times a week, no cardio, split is legs, chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders/traps. the biggest obstacle for me is lack of sleep. im a baker, get up at 3 every morning, try getting 8 hours a night on my shifts, hardly ever happens. but i will be trying to! right, my planned diet:

0330 cup raw oats, serve whey, banana, tbs flaxseed, water

0630 3 eggs mashed/tbsp lite mayo, 150-200g kumara

0930 185g tin tuna on burgen grain bread, lite mayo

1200 200g chicken(pepper seasoned), 1 cup brown rice

0200ish workout

post w/out 40g dex,med tin paenapple, followed by balancemass gain shake with skim milk (550 cals)

around 5-6pm dinner, serve of kumara, stirfry veges, good size steak/chicken

serve of balance night time growth before bed..

will be on crea mono aswell, will start loading with it tommorow, and will stay on it for the whole time.

im a small guy, and i dont push much weight, so dont expect big numbers. i will be expecting strength gains over the 8 weeks, and size gains, but will not be weighing very often..

oh and anyone who goes to unisport, feel free to introduce yourselves! im the skinny guy with all the tatts :pfft:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and anyone who goes to unisport, feel free to introduce yourselves! im the skinny guy with all the tatts :pfft:

will do, and you look out for the fat guy whos overdone it on the good life for to long....

dotn even sign up they never ask ive got mates who been using that gym for free for ages lol

will do, and you look out for the fat guy whos overdone it on the good life for to long....

dotn even sign up they never ask ive got mates who been using that gym for free for ages lol

hahaha, i cant - my flatmates sister works there!! :pfft:

2guns, the 8 weeks is tentative, thats how long i give to see how my body will take to all the extra volume/types of food its not used to - first time having a serious go at changing the scales. if i do grow steadily, i just wont stop till if/when my bf gets up there again, in which case i will mod the diet. thats the plan anyways....

well here goes, first off took androids advice, and ate heaps!

brekkie oats,whey, banana

600am kumara, mashed eggs

800am burgen sandwich, 185grm tuna

1000am oats, banana, whey

1200 cup brown rice, 200g chicken

100ish workout

PWO 50g dex, crea mono,paenapple can followed by double whey+kumara

(still waiting for m.g to arrive)

will be having beef, kumara and veges for tea

have lost strength since being sick, i know from memory my squats and leg press were better than this last workout,(pre - ulcer!)

warmups lite legpress, stretches, bar squats

squats 40kx10, 60kx10, 80kx4(failed set), 70kx6, 70kx6(last rep spotted)

l.press 120x6, 120x5, 100x5 (last w/out did 130x6 twice)

normally do leg ext now but machine was busy so s/setted -

seated calf raise 40kx10, 50x10, 60kx7FAIL with

seated curls 30kx10, 60kx10, 70kx8FAIL, 70kx7FAIL

then s/setted leg ext 30kx10, 60kx10, 70x10, 80kx8FAIL

with dc.situpx50, hang.kneeraisex20, weighted dcsitupx30(15kg on chest)

finished with hanging knees set, got eleven then POKED.....

left the gym walking like ive dropped the soap, despite doing less weight. hopefully the weight i lost will return with interest soon. also started loading my mono today. tommora is chest, hope i havent lost too much strength across the board!

on a positive note, if all goes well next leg session i do i will be trying a squat rack! :nod: also felt weirdly hungry during workout, crazy!!

that doesnt sound like enough food!! and damn, is your stomach ulcer all healed now?

geez girl, im only 72kgs! im cramming as fast as i can! :pfft:

as for the ulcer, it seems to be gone, was in two minds wether to have the superpump, but had it with no ill effects. just waiting on my mass gainer and nightime growth stuff to come from punch.... :nod:

u know laura, u made me paranoid, i went and wolfed 4 toast+p.butter after ur comment! haha

well diet same as yesterday, cept mass gainer arrived so had that after my dex/paenapple as post w/out shake. had with water, but will prob have with milk in the future....

well, quads and arse are RACKED from yesterday, my fault for being sick and missing training. i missed the feeling though! todays w/out was crap, still only getting about 6 hours sleep, dam noisy flatties :evil: shouldnt be so bad from next week tho, new flat has bedroom further from lounge! so tired... workout lowish on volume, cos i was yawning by lunch(go superpump!)

warmup - stretching and some pressups

inc.db bench12.5x10,17.5x10,25x7F,22.5x9F,22.5x7F

dc.db bench 20kx10, 22.5x9, 22.5x9(last set was a grunta :pfft: )

cable flys25kx10,30x7F,30x7F supersetted with

tri pushdown 50kx10, 60x5F, 60x5F

c.g bench barx10, 30x10, 35x10,35x10,35x10(first time trying this exercise, wasnt failing..)

again, strength has dropped - normally would have had pec dec dropset or something in there aswell. in time....

officially signed up at unisport yesterday, had a look around the place - they have a seated row, yeah! and a bunch of other machines that i dont have atm. so looking foward to that. rest day tommora, my body needs it methinks, hoping to wake up tommorow with sore,sore tits!!

well today is rest day, and dam lucky too - my quads are so stiff and tight its rediculous! i cant even do a squatting motion! if they dont improve lots by tommorow, il do shoulders instead of back. since its rest day il post up todays eating

330 cup oats, whey, banana, water

600 3 eggs, mayo,150-200g kumara

800 burgen sand, just 180g tuna+mayo

1000 cup oats, whey, banana

1200 cup brown rice, 200g chicken

200pm mass gain shake in skim milk

400pm 4 burgen toast w p.butter

soon steak, kumara, mixed vege

then balance night time growth shake in skim milk

from now on im gonna swap the tuna sandwich for tuna and wholegrain pasta, more carbs... :nod:

also found out i get NO days off next week, so may affect training, it pisses me off so bad.....

i absolutely cant wait until lifes in routine again!!

H

:ditto:
im a baker, get up at 3 every morning, try getting 8 hours a night on my shifts, hardly ever happens.

Good leg train bro, you know its been good when you can hardly walk the next day :pfft:

dude, thats the thing - yesterday was the day after! :shock:

gonna chuck down some glutamine with my night shake.... :pray:

today was my last workout at clm, yay! will be trying my first unisport workout on saturday. normally would be friday but im moving house tommorow. anyways, i did back/bis today, even though legs were still a bit stiff from leg day. didnt affect deads, just stretched first.. also, weighed myself, after ' dropping the kids at the pool', was 74.4 :shock:

probably water weight cos im loading creatine atm, but still good! was about that weight before i got sick. maybe my android style diet is taking effect! :pfft:

warmups assisted w/g pullups, stretches

lat pulldows, row grip30kx10,60x10,70x8,70x6,50x10

db1arm rows 15kx10,17.5kx10,20kx10,20kx9F

deads 40kx10, 60kx10,80x7,80x7,80x8(last rep swappd grip ova)

ezibar preachers, seated. 10kasidex6, s/ssetted with 5kasidex12

same 10kasdidex4F, s/set5kasidex10F

thats all folks! little low on volume again, but terminating my membership took some time, so was a little pressed. roll on the DOMS!! hahahaha! :nod:

hey mate is that unisports in merton rd st johns? Ive been at that gym off and on over the years... had a big break from training for the last few months will be down at unisports next week... for some serious cutting LOL

which one is this? like 2 km away from my house-is it the one like in the university rugby club grounds?

the Y not gud enuff 4 u now a.o? :pfft:

hey mate is that unisports in merton rd st johns? Ive been at that gym off and on over the years... had a big break from training for the last few months will be down at unisports next week... forsome serious cutting LOL

which one is this? like 2 km away from my house-is it the one like in the university rugby club grounds?

the Y not gud enuff 4 u now a.o? :pfft:

haha the Ys good! i keept seeing you outlift me small i couldnt handle it any longer so had to move on :pfft:

they both good gyms unisports a little cheaper and a little less crowded

haha the Ys good! i keept seeing you outlift me small i couldnt handle it any longer so had to move on :pfft:

they both good gyms unisports a little cheaper and a little less crowded

ah ~ thats wat they all say :P

heard unisports $10 for a casual thats alrite mite check it sometime

well, finally got the net connected at my new pad!!

yea unisport is great, in the afternoons ive never seen more than 3 people in there! well ive got alot of log to catchup on, diet has been unchanged, except moving day i had to live on wendys burgers and shit. this first w/out was crap cos it was the day after moving and i was still shagged.

10/1/09 shoulders/abs

db shoulder press 16.5x10,18x9,21x6,21x5,19.5x6

dbfront raise 10kx9,10x8,11.5x7

db side raise 6kx10, 8.5x8, 8.5x8F,8.5x9RP

shrugs 40x10,60x10,70x10,70x10

crunches/situps etc