23yr old gets Pro card?

Paul Ross

BigMD just out of curiosity who was tested at the 2007 nationals? :D

YES MD KNEW THAT THERE WERE NO TESTING THAT YEAR ALSO ALL THE EXECUTIVE KNEW THATS WHY THERE WERE MORE GEAR BOYS DOING NZFBB THAT YEAR. THE YEAR BEFORE JO, MIKE K, SALAH GOT TESTED AND MARK S. PUT A STOP TO ALL TESTING UP TILL NOW SO FAR.

is that why you went from being a nzbba lad to more a nzfbb guy huh mike? nabba 2002-2005 rip

What does that mean?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YES MD KNEW THAT THERE WERE NO TESTING THAT YEAR ALSO ALL THE EXECUTIVE KNEW THATS WHY THERE WERE MORE GEAR BOYS DOING NZFBB THAT YEAR. THE YEAR BEFORE JO, MIKE K, SALAH GOT TESTED AND MARK S. PUT A STOP TO ALL TESTING UP TILL NOW SO FAR.

OK then (have you heard of caps lock? located to the left of the key board)

And how can you back up these allegations?

Did MD tell you that he knew there was no testing?

Interesting...

is that why you went from being a nzbba lad to more a nzfbb guy huh mike? nabba 2002-2005 rip

I never entered the 07 nationals to gain my pro card. those that know me know that the goal was just to win the Nationals. Getting to go to the worlds was a bonus< the decision made to go Pro was made in May this yr with my wife on our honeymoon. My Goal of being a Pro was something i let go of back in 2000.

when i got up on stage did i know there was going to be no testing??? as an exec of course i did, But when i decided to compete back in the NZFBB which was a decision made in late 2005 there was still testing. so testing or not i was going to be competeing

And Mr Natural I competed with the NZFBB from 93 to 2000 before i went to NABBA, i competed with NABBA mainly because my partner ot that time was heavly involved win competing with them, if it was not for that i dont know if i would have got up on stage through that period!

After the 2005 NAbba worlds i decided to make some changes to my life style and also return to the NZFBB to compete. I was approched by the NZFBB to Join the committee and to Run shows in the SI. you may also be interested that my reason for leaving the exec committee was due to considering my past i felt that it was not my place to make decisions on testing procedures for our members considering many still would like to see testing in place.

i have always been completly transparant with my actions both as a bodybuilder, executive and judge.

But you obviuosly know more about me than i do< if you want to know something just ask, dont presume you know the answers. presumption is the mother of all f*ck ups!

• 3 weeks later...

Line up for the Aussie Pro as per Australian-bodybuilding.com

Lee Priest [Australia]

Con Demetriou [Australia]

Dennis James [Germany/USA]

Silvio Samuel [spain]

Toney Freeman [uSA]

Sergey Shelestov [Russia]

Ivan Sadek [Australia]

Mike Kefalianos [Greece]

Oscar Dexter [Tahiti]

Rusty Jeffers [uSA]

Grant Pieterse [New Zealand]

Moe El Moussawi [New Zealand]

Probable/Possible

Ahmad Haider [Lebanon]

Ronnie Rockel [Germany]

Hide Yamagishi [Japan]

Fadi Zaazaa [Lebanon]

Beat Meschberger [Australia]

Ricky Welling [uK]

Oliver Adzievski [sweden]

Who will be in the top 5?

MK may have missed it somewhere .... which show(s) are you planning to do this year?

It's all up in the air at the moment, judging by the avatar (which is an MRI scan) I am carrying an injury that will determine my future prospects, but for now a big part of my training is on hold. I was up to 106.5kg when I got hurt.

I was planning on Melbourne at the time of injury but that is ruled out now.

I don't see me being off training for too long, but have 12 weeks of rehab to sort this one out (thats nothing like the 18 months of reconstruction on my shoulder in 00-01), in the meantime I'll be cheering from the trenches.

Thats a real bummer - to put it mildly. I hate injury and with a new card in your pocket it must compound the pain.

I personally think the quality and leadership of the current stock of kiwi pros is the best it has been in a while. As selfish as it sounds I was looking forward to seeing all of them in competition - hopefully a local one (which is starting to look doubtful also re-the elite and pro nz09).

In any sport you have to accept the good with the bad - when I am hit with injury I normally consume myself in career and family, which in the end is a very good thing.... so making good from bad if you get my meaning. You'll be back before you know it ....

Not everything which is bad comes to hurt us.

italian proverb

Can you give us a run down of what happened Mike? Feel for you bro.

Would you believe i stubbed my toe?

Really it was Leg pressing, I had been having niggles with the right knee over a number of weeks prior with Leg presses and squats, but it was fine when warmed up.

Then after one particular heavy session, the next morning it was still hurting and just didn't stop hurting, it was exaserbated by my job at the time, where I had to drive for an hour to get to work and sit all day, the slight bend put tension on it so increased the pain.

In MRI which is my Avatar, you can see a small white area just below the teardrop, beside the knee cap, that is localised fluid from a small tendon tear.

I am rehabbing through one legged partial squats on a 30degree angle, and doing some light bike work. If I don't do anything, nothing will heal, if I exercise it (it will hurt and blow up with fluid) it will cause the body to regenerate new tissue.

Time will tell.

Patella tendon, right knee, can't squat even bodyweight past quarter depth at the moment. I was able to leg press to high high reps and go deeper as it warmed up then smith squat light and go deeper as that warmed. But have gone from physio to the doc and they've advised against that at this time.

awesome grant congrates on getting your pro card all the best! and bigmd all the best for your pro debut u will do well in the pro ranks ive seen wat u can bring i remember seeing u at one of the pro ams comps an dam u looked like a monster wen u came out thick as an ripped u mus of been over 100kgs that day cant remember which year that was. we in nz hav a lot of good bodybuilders who could join the pro ranks. the current amuter list from both federations that i think are future pros are mr universe mark anderson dis guy could win the 202 class an do well in the open class thick thick muscle doesnt look 86kgs on stage looks more like 186kgs lol a freak an a nice guy. also jamie cameron top nz finisher at the 08 elite show. warren ah fook 06 nabba mr nz. nathen o'hern 08 nabba mr nz. daniel hibbs nzfbb mr nz 08 he would be competive in the 202 class. alex simays country classic champion. aldeen brown and darren okawa. also nzfbb mr nz 05 darrel tomuli thats a lot of talent in nz go the kiwis!!!!