nicksmith3

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ramp it up to 4 hours a day

LMAO

2nd that.. LMAO

Yeah keep it under an hour unless you want to sky rocket your cortisol levels and break down more muscle tissue than your probably going to re-build over the next week. :D

It's not about how much time you spend in there, it's about how you use the time you've got effectively. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Trained at Quest Gym in Ferrymead today. Very impressed with the variety & quality of their machines (Synergy) & weight room. Huge cardio area, nice toilet & private showers, & saunas. Its a little close & up & personal & would be interesting to see how it works when busy.

I've head good thing's about it also. Where do you usually train MuscleNZ?

Christchurch is home to a large number of the best bodybuilders in New Zealand. In the absence of a dedicated bodybuilding gym they tend to be spread out a bit.

As far as choosing a gym that is right for you, I agree 100% with what BigMD says. if you want to be a bodybuilder, go to the gym and train. If you want to be a great bodybuilder go and train with great bodybuilders.

Christchurch is home to a large number of the best bodybuilders in New Zealand. In the absence of a dedicated bodybuilding gym they tend to be spread out a bit.

As far as choosing a gym that is right for you, I agree 100% with what BigMD says. if you want to be a bodybuilder, go to the gym and train. If you want to be a great bodybuilder go and train with great bodybuilders.

Kinda reminds me of Dave Tate's quote:

I always felt it was my responsibility and my duty to get the guy next to me stronger than I was. And all the guys who trained there felt the same. One person may have had better genetics or more mental strength, but it didn't fucking matter. What matters is that you're going to be as weak as your weakest training partner.

If you're the strongest guy in the gym then you can pretty much guarantee that you've gone as far as you're going to go. I would rather be the weakest guy in the gym and the strongest guy on the platform any day, you know? If you're the strongest dude in the gym, you need to get the f*ck out and find somebody else you can train with who's going to whoop your ass. Very few people can do it by themselves.

Which begs the question why the best bodybuilders don't train together? Different sport to Powerlifting I guess?

I hear good things about Quest down in Chch - no doubt there will be some changes in memberships over the next few months?

Nate

Some great words there Nate.

I've asked that same question, mate. Maybe it's NZ's tall poppy syndrome, maybe some of the guys don't want someone to be stronger than them and they enjoy being at the top. (Of their gym) Or maybe there just hasn't been the right social situation where the boys get together and get to know each other..

Maybe an idea for the next shows would be to hold a WELL ADVERTISED AFTERPARTY venue for all the enthusiasts. I'd be straight up there to shout the first round of waters! :grin: :pfft: :pfft:

As for QUEST, it's an interesting development. I've also head good thing's about it. But since Les Mills new gym is going to be open in AUGUST. I figure i may as well stick it out at least until it opens. ;)

PS - This has been a great post, a lot of great info has been thrown up here. So thanks guys! :grin:

Hey Nick :) whats your address and i will put it on the posters as being the afterparty venue \:D/ that way you can have a dosen waters and not have to worry about driving

no on a serious note it is a fantastic sugestion and i would love a hand in orgainising such an event for after the aprill show sugestions for venue and any other sugestions keep them comming

nick is right this has been a great thread

Hey Nick :) whats your address and i will put it on the posters as being the afterparty venue \:D/ that way you can have a dosen waters and not have to worry about driving

no on a serious note it is a fantastic sugestion and i would love a hand in orgainising such an event for after the aprill show sugestions for venue and any other sugestions keep them comming

I'm sure my place would be perfect. :pfft:

As for venues.. Well, this could be up for discussion.. So bring it on!

One that come's to mind 1st would be the Dux De Lux.

1. It's large enough for a load of 'bigger' people

2. It's got a great outdoor area, so plenty of room again.. :pfft:

3. They do WATER! :grin:

how dare you suggest a VEGETARIAN venue :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

how dare you suggest a VEGETARIAN venue :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

After all the meat that would have been consumed by most, i thought a bit of a change would be in order..

Luigi, you can just take your date there tonight and let us know how the 'food' is, ok? :pfft: :pfft:

• 2 months later...

Comin from one of these "raw" gyms into Les Mills CHCH I haven't been happier. Yeah, the trainers get in the way and they cry when you drop weights but at least they have the gears. I trained at an old-skool gym for 18 months and got average results, 3 months at a well equipped gym and I've made the best gains ever (loooong way to go, mind)

Basically, I'd rather break the rules in a "health club" than be left scratchin' my head in a dungeon

Comin from one of these "raw" gyms into Les Mills CHCH I haven't been happier. Yeah, the trainers get in the way and they cry when you drop weights but at least they have the gears. I trained at an old-skool gym for 18 months and got average results, 3 months at a well equipped gym and I've made the best gains ever (loooong way to go, mind)

Basically, I'd rather break the rules in a "health club" than be left scratchin' my head in a dungeon

Have you contacted me yet?

what gym were you at ?

what gym were you at ?

CC :grin: :pfft:

I hear you boys are having an upgrade to the weights room? :shock:

I thought CC was a non-profit organisation..

• 3 months later...
Moving to ChCh in the next couple of months and will be working in Rangiora/Kaiapoi area. Keen for a decent gyn north side of town.

Suggestions welcome :).

Plenty of bars out there if you want a drink(gyn) lol.There used to be one in Rangiora.Not sure if it still there.But Pro fitness has one in Northwood about 20mins down the motor way.Back towards town.