BEST BB GYM IN CHRISTCHURCH?

nicksmith3

Heres the deal. I've been training coming up two years in april 09. I've been with Les Mills for the entire time because i was told it was the 'best gym in Christchurch'

So being a newbie at the time, i joined thinking it would be the best way to achieve my fitness goals. Those goals changed quickly and i realised i wanted a more raw place to train, that was all iron, concrete, and big mirrors :D

Any suggestions for making the change to a new training facility to get some real destruction would be very much appreciated ;)

Cheers guys,

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres the deal. I've been training coming up two years in april 09. I've been with Les Mills for the entire time because i was told it was the 'best gym in Christchurch'

So being a newbie at the time, i joined thinking it would be the best way to achieve my fitness goals. Those goals changed quickly and i realised i wanted a more raw place to train, that was all iron, concrete, and big mirrors :D

Any suggestions for making the change to a new training facility to get some real destruction would be very much appreciated ;)

Cheers guys,

Have you ever trained in a gym like the one you are after?

Cheers guys,

Have you ever trained in a gym like the one you are after?

I haven't, no..

I swung by pro-fitness tonight in town. Looks the same as les mills. Very commercial and more the health spa type of thing.

try pro-fitness on morehouse ave,ive heard very god things about it

I went there tonight, they wouldn't let me train for free to test it. Which i thought was pretty poor. Considering i get my buddies in for free all the time at Les Mills.

yup lol there real stinge like that ay

There's an Olympic weightlifting gym in Christchurch that opened this year. They cater to heavy lifters too.

eastside barbell/gravity?

I heard about that one, seems like maybe more of a powerlifters/olympic lifters arena more than a bodybuilder type setup?

yea it is, i wasnt suggesting it just was wondering if thats the gym that hq308 was thinking of

I thought Les mils was getting a new purpose built gym in the new year?

Surly that is the way to go. Motivation comes from within not from rusty equipment that you are likely to injure yourself from. :D

Motivation was never in the equation mate. Les Mills is NOT bodybuilder friendly at all. They are more focused on telling you not to drop the weights, move equipment around, and dont be so agro on the iron.

In other words ' you can train here, you've just gotta be a pansy and wear leatards while you do it'

:D

Surly that is the way to go. Motivation comes from within not from rusty equipment that you are likely to injure yourself from. :D

Motivation was never in the equation mate. Les Mills is NOT bodybuilder friendly at all. They are more focused on telling you not to drop the weights, move equipment around, and dont be so agro on the iron.

In other words ' you can train here, you've just gotta be a pansy and wear leatards while you do it'

why do u drop the weights?

why do u drop the weights?

Apparently because it makes too much noise and its disturbing to other members. LMAO

Yeah Luigi i hear ya bro!

"I don't drop the weights in Les Mills," Yeah right! - Nick Smith. Dropping weights since 2007 :D

I train at pro. Lots of great bodybuilders have trained there over the years too. I would recommend but f*ck its just so hot in the summer! Makes you feel sick and sweat like a rapist. And in the winter it so cold you injure yourself.