BodySculpt

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Most common way we cook it, is first boiling it for a couple of hours. Take out the meat and shred it by pulling the fibres apart then either currying it or cooked with cream with some chopped onions. It is cooked either in a pot or can be put into tin foil and baked. Theres alot of variations, in terms of ingredients used to curry but they all follow that basic recipe. I like it with some chilli peppers in it too.

If your ever out in Otahuhu markets, they sell some prepared in this way at the morning markets on thursdays. Comes wrapped in tin foil and some tapioca. Portion size is pretty big, though it is about average for most tongans lol. Definately a tongan delicacy.

We get horse from Whole Body meats aswell lol.

• 4 months later...
Can horse meat be purchased at most butchers around NZ? i'm a tad leary about asking for some if they don't stock it, lol.

Hah! I'm a tad bit apprehensive of walking in and asking for horse. Then have them look at me strange. I gots a part time job now anyway, so I can afford chicken for now :D However, I might go have a look at Whole Body Meats to see if they have le horse! :pray:

Can horse meat be purchased at most butchers around NZ? i'm a tad leary about asking for some if they don't stock it, lol.

Hah! I'm a tad bit apprehensive of walking in and asking for horse. Then have them look at me strange. I gots a part time job now anyway, so I can afford chicken for now :D However, I might go have a look at Whole Body Meats to see if they have le horse! :pray:

Most dirt poor students resort to eating 2-minute noodles, as opposed to friendly farm animals... but who am i to criticize... all in the name of protein i guess... i must remember what site i am on after all.

Most dirt poor students resort to eating 2-minute noodles, as opposed to friendly farm animals... but who am i to criticize... all in the name of protein i guess... i must remember what site i am on after all.

Most dirt poor students don't consider bodybuilding a priority. I'm slightly surpised with my stupidity. Hahahaha I knew someone would say something about friendly farm animals at some point but yeah, in the name of protein! I wish someone would come up with cheep protein packed 2-minute noodles. I'd definitely be there! I'm not really looking forward to having to cook horse. Here, it's not bred for consumption and usually the meat comes from older horses - I'm guessing that's why a lot of it is stringy and sorta tough?

I'm not really looking forward to having to cook horse. Here, it's not bred for consumption and usually the meat comes from older horses - I'm guessing that's why a lot of it is stringy and sorta tough?

Lol ... no ones making you resort to cooking horse, but okay then... i'm afraid of debating this with someone that is desperate/determined enough to actually consider it.

I have to say i'm glad your also suprised at your stupidity though :D

Lol ... no ones making you resort to cooking horse, but okay then... i'm afraid of debating this with someone that is desperate/determined enough to actually consider it.

I have to say i'm glad your also suprised at your stupidity though :D

Well I'm not going to eat it raw.... :lol:

Lol no, sorry - had to say that. I'm going to blame that stupid comment on the huge loads of essays stress. My last stupid comment for now, sleep time.

I'm going to blame that stupid comment on the huge loads of essays stress. My last stupid comment for now, sleep time.

I should look forward to future stupid comments then? :D

Nah, i'm totally feeling your essay pain too so i'll quit the mocking...for now.

Oh and loving your horse avatar by the way...hope it doesn't make you too hungry looking at it though...

Nite! :)

:horseshit: <----------- HAHAHAHA!!!! There's a horse smilie!!!

And yes, without a doubt I say stupid things. Wrote plenty of stupid things in my essay. I'm glad you feel the essay pain.

Haha, sea biscut!! :pfft: I can see a path in this thread which ends up stirring a lot of issh. Maybe not the avenue to take..

HAHAHAHA!!!! There's a horse smilie!!!

And yes, without a doubt I say stupid things. Wrote plenty of stupid things in my essay. I'm glad you feel the essay pain.

Haha, sea biscut!! :pfft: I can see a path in this thread which ends up stirring a lot of issh. Maybe not the avenue to take..

Lol, thats just awesome. Its a Pity the emoticon man isn't slamming that spear into the horse though, then it would really suit you.

Anyway! I totally agree, i think this thread has progressed far beyond the valid scope of 'nutrition'....

Moving on now, unless anyone has anything more to say about lil horsies flesh i guess..

Lol, thats just awesome. Its a Pity the emoticon man isn't slamming that spear into the horse though, then it would really suit you.

:clap: That was low. Lol - go do your assignments.

My deepest Apologies.. :notworthy:

:clap: That was low. Lol - go do your assignments.

My deepest Apologies.. :notworthy:

Damn right. :snap: