where do you buy your supplements from?

swimmer23

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I grew up on Musashi and had a love/hate relationship with their 'bricks' - that protein bar that was like an old piece of christmas cake and u couldn't eat it without water or you'd gag.

We're just talking to ProActive and Horleys to showcase NZ Products, you'll see the rest of the MuscleTech products stocked, then Musashi could be next, so that could be as late as Feb/Mar next year mate.

I buy most of my stuff through Grant at Extreme Nutrition cos I think its important to support guys like him, so they can see their way to a pro card. But Im gonna have to start grabbing some things from you Android. Money talks baby!

What do you personally think of the Muscletech products? I have used them and, like the popular opinion on this forum, dont rate them at all.

I reckon you should have a 'What Im currently using' page as well, so we can see what supps you're using, and results gained (if we trained and ate as hard as you!)

wow I just read what's been happening on this post, thought I'd answered it and moved on with life :shock:

Thanks heaps for peoples support and back-up!

You know I wrote a whole page to this post in reply, but when i read it I thought it might provide too many answers for competitors or some motivation for them to try harder so I won't do that. I just enjoy building and improving the business, the website, and the service.

I'm just going to leave it up to word of mouth to get around that Sportstrition is here. If it isn't well received it will fade away, if it's what people want it will rise up. :pray:

What do you personally think of the Muscletech products? I have used them and, like the popular opinion on this forum, dont rate them at all.

I reckon you should have a 'What Im currently using' page as well, so we can see what supps you're using, and results gained (if we trained and ate as hard as you!)

I don't use MuscleTech or some other brands that have 'NZ versions', I find them over-priced and over-rated.

I've used some of them though and we're getting Anabolic Halo and BSN NO-Xplode etc in but alas its the 'NZ-version' so it's not 'the same' as the marketing hype will have you believe.

I'm the kind of guy that buys the cheapest Tribulus (45% saponins) and ZMA separately instead of forking out for a bottle of iSatori IsaTest just cause the effect is the same really but I save $30.

'What Im currently using' page...cheers I considered that! but I'm keen to keep my opinions on the forum and Sportstrition separate just in case I say something wrong LOL

Good on you Android, good attitude :nod:

Our site - shotgunsupplements.co.nz has been online in NZ for approx 2 months now and like yourself we offer 15 % off all recommended retail at all times.

We also have a retail outlet where our prices are also 15 % below RRP.

The online supplement industry is pretty cut-throat and in the end it is all going to come down to margins.

I can see NZ ending up like Australia and the USA where online companies have to operate on around 10% and try and do the turnover.

The companies that can operate on such small margins survive and the rest that are not doing the volumes and not getting the big wholesale discounts cannot compete.

At Shotgun Supplements we will beat any price in NZ, even if it means i have to take 30 % off and cut my margins down to 10 %.

At the end of the day i will happily do that for a customer if it means i get the sale.

We are adding new products all the time and we are just about to add a whole lot more over the next few days... we even stock a bit of musashi ;)

Check us out at

http://www.shotgunsupplements.co.nz

Any questions feel free to email us at info@shotgunsupplements.co.nz

Like i said, We will always beat any price in NZ on any item we have in stock.

Just let us know where you saw it.

As well as online credit card orders our customer service team are also available to take phone orders 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm. :)

All orders are shipped free twice daily and we can get orders to anywhere in the south island usually within 24 hours.

Andy Hill :)

Don't really want this to get into an advertising thread on Sportstrition etc, I joined because I entered and won NZFBB and NABBA shows and qualified for the 2009 Nationals in both. I wanted to be around like-minded people as I prepared for next year and likely to see some of you on stage which I enjoy

Not doing advertising anywhere online mate. We've sponsored 2 shows in the last 5 months this year and find the way to support every athlete regardless of whether they buy from us or not is to give money to fund the shows.

looks like there is even ANOTHER chopper with a website promising 15% off woohoo! :pfft: best prce in NZ - wat a joke.

dudes anyone who has seen the order form with wholesaler prices knows exactly what your paying and exactly what your making on any deal

let me use an example

take a quality mass gainer produced locally for example:

from my spreadsheet

Mass Gainer 4kgs (choc)

wholesale inc gst

$105.00

RRP

$157.50

my price $110 saving 30%

hey guys can anyone get close? dreamers with websites

learn to do business

l

Mass Gainer 4kgs (choc)

wholesale inc gst

$105.00

RRP

$157.50

my price $110 saving 30%

hey guys can anyone get close? dreamers with websites

learn to do business

Your spreadsheets wrong I'm afraid - balance put their prices up over a month ago so you're not making as much money as you thought you were. With that kind of profit you're probably not even making enough money to pay the rent and food money you owe your parents let alone pay for your bus pass.