half human/half machine - downloading training data...

Android

i hate my doctor

told him I had a really sore throat that kept me awake all night (the other night) and he looks down my gullet and says "seems fine to me, was expecting it to be worse the way you described it". So I said "ohh well I must be ok then thanks doc, is that all?"

He has dry wit syndrome and it isn't funny when you're sick :-|

I went to the gym last night, it was Lats night and we had a good session I just kept to myself and didn't talk to anyone or cough over the machines.

First up was a superset of 2 hammerstrength machines, one is like a one-armed lat pulldown which I do underhand grip, the other a seated row also underhand grip, again one side at a time. Got a good stretch, didn't rush the sets. warmup was a 30-repper to get the blood flowing. Rest of sets were all 12-15 reps.

Lat pulldowns next and I nailed this one the stack goes to 300 and I did 8 reps at 225, twice. About 4 plates from the bottom. Close-grip bar the kind you use on the cable row, a v-shape grip. Lastly some one-handed seated rows on another machine with different angles.

Another day off work today, and REST from the gym. Not eating much but am trying to. I've eaten nothing but creamed rice, oats, hoki fish, protein shakes, oranges, and miso soup. Not much for a growing lad but better to get this now than later I say.

Back to the couch

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't try it, it sounds too disgusting.

Elite show, if I look good enough by then yes definitely be up for it!

I spent the day at home reviewing my pre-contest preparation. My preparation last year was ok for a 91kg on-stage physique and I think although I'll be almost 10kg heavier this year on stage I will keep some aspects of last years prep as they are.

Just as I did last year I'll switch to high rep, high intensity workouts which I have not been doing lately. This I hope serves as a shock for a squeezing out a little more growth as well as helping with things like deep cuts in the legs and striations which I think come from high repetition work as well as the fat loss.

Cardio will start as soon as I am feeling 100% which is more than I did last year. I think I did cardio 8 weeks out from the show last year to drop from 16% down to 8% at 1% a week. Then final water-drop takes it down a bit more (skin fold test which includes water under the skin) so maybe in my photo I am 6-7%.

Self-critique begins

For the record I wish to improve on last year with mass which I have done. My middle back and legs are bigger than last year, my abs will improve and my % body fat will be lower.

I think I have squeezed more width out of my back which will make me the widest guy on stage for my height, I hope the lats will appear low too as I don't want them sitting high. I have improved my traps all round and will continue to work them hard.

My calves and biceps are just fine although I will continue to work the bicep peak as it needs more and more lift. Triceps need more work I am happy with the increase but it's not enough. I have to go on stage with 20" arms for my size and symmetry.

I've totally changed my Hammies they're dropping nicely for me already but I'll continue to hammer them right up until the show as leg development is critical.

I'm blessed with wide shoulders and I have a big chest. I will be combining chest and delts together in workouts as I really only have the absolute upper chest that I can improve on and spend more time on filling out the shoulders.

I've started practising my routine, the song is loaded in my iPhone and I have the first 30 seconds down. I will practise it over and over until it's natural to do and pay attention to tensing muscles during transitions as well as the pose itself.

Self-critique over

hey android arnt the competitors in the elite show all on gear ? your still natural right ? do you think you will be at a big disadvantage because of this ?

Sorry I can't give you a straight answer on that extremely valid question Luigi, but...

24kg weight gain in 8mths ... natural? :shock:

A username with the word 'roid' in it?

I'm at no disadvantage anymore

hey android arnt the competitors in the elite show all on gear ? your still natural right ? do you think you will be at a big disadvantage because of this ?

Sorry I can't give you a straight answer on that extremely valid question Luigi, but...

24kg weight gain in 8mths ... natural? :shock:

A username with the word 'roid' in it?

I'm at no disadvantage anymore

alright, thought so but i didnt want to go making presumptions.

wtf-cat.jpg

Shouldn't really be all that surprised I guess :shrug:

At least you can honest about it too :clap:

i just realised that cat only had one ear, i was wondering why it was so shocked LOL>$!.

That is gold :pfft: :pfft: :pfft:

I have been eating alot in the last 4 weeks and have to now reign in the calories before it gets too late. There are 14 wks left before the Nationals.

Some changes to go through which will include morning and afternoon workouts to get through the exercises I have to complete and one of those workouts will be for at least an hour.

At the moment I'm not over being crook enough to start that just yet. Have loaded up the cupboards with Creatine, Glutamine and BCAAs.

Last night was feeling well enough to go to the gym...but not well enough to finish up with Biceps after 4 Shoulder exercises.

We did HammerStrength machine shoulder presses first up and hit it heavy for 3 good sets.

Then a superset of front raises with ... front raises!

Firstly raises with a 25kg plate until exhaustion, drop the plate and pick up dumbbells and continue repping them out. Did this 4 times and shoulders were feeling achy after that. Felt a bit exhausted doing the superset with the cold not quite over yet breathing is laboured.

Side raises next and I decided to do the traditional style bringing them to the front rather than my strict, to-the-side style.

Got the weight up to 20kg dumbbells this way with minimal swinging and it felt good to lift heavier...been a while.

Finally we did bent-over side raises for rear delts. I just did 6 sets and repped them out 15-20 until the muscle was exhausted. Got 5kg dumbbells and did the pause-squeeze at the top of the movement but the pause is extremely short, it's not a strong exercise that's for sure.

Speaking of strong ...