half human/half machine - downloading training data...

Android

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, forgot to take the panadol...why? because I don't like pain... :shifty:

My triceps are tweaking late in the day today, did them on tuesday so really happy with the tight feeling they are giving me.

I left work early and on the way home stopped and got a few kg of chicken breasts. First thing I did when I got home was cook a couple of packets and eat half, and put other half in a container for when I went out....always planning ahead and always got food!

Workout tonight was shoulders. Started with two machines and they're incline presses/hammer strength ones. put 20kg on each side and did 4 sets each with little or no rest between machines, training partner and I just kept moving between machines. No weight increase, first reps were 30, then as we tired ended up at about 12 reps each.

Then down to free weights area and did front raises with a 20kg plate, doing 35 rep sets, helping each other with the final reps by getting under the arm just so slightly and telling each other we're pussies if we give up!

Then side lateral raises, this is what I want the panadols for. They hurt.

I do these extremely strict, no swinging, always to the absolute side, no bending forward etc...and a huge 8kg each side for a warm-up. Did 25 reps, then switched to 10kg for rest of sets, at about 15 I went abck to 8kg to get at least 20 reps out each time.

We moved to the pec deck next and did rear delts on same weight for 25 reps. By the 4th set it was just 15 reps, always...always pause and squeezing the crap out of the rear delt when extended backwards. It's not about the weight or the reps, it's that final squeeze at the rear that gets growth, just like a bicep curl at the very top when you squeeze hard for the peak to come out.

Then we did something we never do, we went back for a shoulder press movement after exhausting our delts on all the heads. We did seated dumbbell presses for 20+ reps, the last set I went up to 35kg for 8 reps since my mate was egging me on, but honestly I didn't feel I got anything from that weight so back to 25kg for a better set of 12...now they were poked.

Sorry I forgot to take photos! Will try again on Sunday when it's Back.

I got 'tied up' (I wish) talking to a member on this forum for a while at the gym and now looking forward to a workout next week with someone new, someone stronger than me perhaps :-)

Last night at 10pm I cooked 400gms of chicken up and had before bedtime.

Saturday morning, it's REST day today!

Breakfast at 9am (1 hr later than normal for me):

Vitamin C, Multi-Vits

Double-serve protein shake with added Glutamine, Creatine

200gms oats (fill a bowl to the top with just dry oats and add water).

= 50gm protein, 120gm carbs = 680 calories

Got 1kg of chicken breasts out of the freezer for today, plan to eat it all before dinner. 2-hrly feed @ 250gms per feed...easy.

Am going to be out and about (need a bigger fridge, test-driving a car I will buy b4 xmas) so I prepare the food as if I was going to work, cook it all, container-ise it, load up my bag with water and the food + fruit + nuts.

Today never went as planned so here's the update.

Just cooked 500gms chicken this morning, the other 500gms is still in the fridge and will cook that for dinner and a before-bedtime meal.

Had 250gms chicken and a can of baked beans at 11am. Went out and had a chicken Panini and chocolate shake at 1pm. Had sashimi (salmon) at 2:30pm, and having the other 250gm chicken now at 3:30pm.

So far that's 140gms protein, looking like about a 250gm protein (1 shake) day today. Will down some extra Glutamine tonight before bedtime and see how sore my shoulders are tomorrow, the severity of the DOMS will be a good indication of how well I have fed my body today.

An update, since this late afternoon my shoulders have started to hurt more and more.

I'm eating my last meal of chicken now and have had a couple of teaspoons of glutamine since then. They are really tight and if I stretch them and then squeeze them the muscle hurts..on a scale of 1 to 10 probably a 7.

A 10 on that scale is when you have a month off from the gym and the first day back you trash your arms. The next day they're fine, then the next day they seize up and you can't even straighten them. Had those before it's like the tendons have frozen short...and the only way to get any relief is to straighten your arm and endure the pain, then for about 5 seconds you ahve complete freedom of movement until...doh they tighten up on you again and hurt. Ever had those DOMS before?...that's a 10.

Okay, chicken then bed

The muscle hurts..on a scale of 1 to 10 probably a 7.

A 10 on that scale is when you have a month off from the gym and the first day back you trash your arms. The next day they're fine, then the next day they seize up and you can't even straighten them.

So you don't believe in easing back into training then? :pfft:

No such word as 'ease' in my vocabulary...(too many syllables)

Today's diet:

1kg chicken, 400gms dry oats, juice shake, 500gms kumara, chicken soup (real chicken), small portion of rice, morning shake, post-workout shake, glutamine, creatine.

Today's workout: Back

Deadlifts: warmup 40kg 30+reps, 4 sets of 60kg, stopping 6 inches from the ground, concentrating on never arching back, keeping lowest part of back muscle (tailbone area) always turned on throughout the movement.

Cable rows, plate loaded but average weight for 20+ reps, 4 sets.

Pulldowns: average weight, 3 sets, trying for 20 reps but painful to reach. pulled down with my elbows so biceps never pumped - great!

Seated row machine: 25+reps 3 sets.

Shrugs: 40kg dumbbells for 15+ reps, 5 sets

Felt pumped in the lats, could have done another lat exercise but less is more and it took just under an hour to complete.

Damn I forgot to take photos! will have to do Tuesday night if I remember. No longer care about weight, measurements coming soon...might even do them after this post.

Shoulders were sore all day but didn't affect the workout at all, shoulders was on Friday so hope they are ok tomorrow, expect Back to tweak tomorrow but hope it doesn't affect Legs workout tomorrow evening.

If it does I'll do things like lying hammy curls, leg extensions etc and not squats or standing leg curls which need a strong fresh lower back.

Measurements for progress:

Not pumped but flexed muscle groups for measuring (expanded size counts on stage)

Neck (not flexed lol) - 17"

Arms - 17 1/2"

Calves - 16 3/4"

Thighs (2/3 up) - 25"

Waist - 34 1/2"

Chest - 46" (flexed without lats out)

Forearms - 14 1/4"

Shoulder width - 24"

Measurements show lacking in leg size, triceps/biceps, calves.

Doesn't show quality of back but is a starting point for hitting weak areas.

Anything stand out as obviously lacking here, symmetry or size-wise holler out for a 183cm / 6' dude with blue eyes...er wrong forum :doh:

Late night, early morning (11pm - 6:30am) feeling abit tired really need more hours after a thorough Back workout and with Legs tonight. There's a real possibility I will skip the gym tonight and do them on Wednesday instead but we'll see how the day goes.

This morning I had a double-serve protein shake, 150gms raw oats with water, and a greentea/ginseng hot drink this morning.

Eating 6 scrambled eggs just now at work.

Have brought kumara, a double-serve shake, salad with a few boiled eggs, avocado, and tomatoes in it, and 500gms chicken to work.

Think I'll run out of meat by this arvo so its' times like this I wish I had a protein bar or something spare. See how I go, can always get sashimi sometime.

I brought a serve of NO-XPlode and BCAAs with me in case I don't go to the gym I'll have this as a midday top-up of Arginine and the Vinpocetine always helps keep great focus on what u r doing.

Brought a bigger fridge yesterday so can store chicken in the old one now. Mad Butcher was $9.95 for boneless/skinless chicken breasts so got about a weeks worth. Was waiting out the back of store to load it up and a couple of butchers next door came out and asked me if I was a bodybuilder...I felt a bit embarrassed and said "yeah, just a small one" but they were pretty intrigued at muscles popping out of a singlet and veins running down the arms. Pretty nice ego-boost for the day (I held my stomach in a bit longer until they'd gone back inside haha).

Never got time to test-drive the car I am buying, it's a Lexus ES300 but I drove a similar one about 2 months ago, should have enough just before xmas to buy so it's mine.

What else...oh the greentea and ginseng I have. It's greentea from China not supermarket greentea, and the ginseng is sliced korean ginseng not supermarket ginseng or pills. There's a chinese herbal warehouse in Avondale if you can speak chinese and know what you want, they're not a retail shop per se and supply raw materials to the asian health businesses.

I buy 1/2 kg of sliced dried ginseng but you can buy the same thing in smaller packets looks like a cigarette pack without the warnings lol, for $30 and lasts at least a month. The sliced root flakes last all day you just keep adding hot water, same as the green tea, same cup of tea lasts all day just keep adding hot water.

Didn't do legs tonight, take this as a rest day and can give them hell on Wednesday with training partner.

Had an extra shake this afternoon while cooking dinner, missed a meat meal during the day so was hungry for something early evening. About to go and do 6 egg whites before bed (early tonight). Will down the rest of my BCAA, Creatine, Glutamine powders they're finished.

Tomorrow starting to use Xtend again, it's a BCAA, Glutamine, Citrulline mix formula for workout and post workout recovery. I still have NO-Xplode giving me pre-workout + creatine. Am still taking 'Stoked' for testosterone boost, every base covered for supps and food.

I'll switch to beef in another weeks time, I can really notice the difference in chicken-only and beef-only diets but it takes a couple of weeks to notice.

On beef I look fuller and feel stronger.

Tomorrow evening is Chest and Arms with a mystery forum member am so ready for it, as I sometimes say to myself as I walk into the gym: 'ready to go to work'!

F**k me Journals are addictive in a weird way.

I end up cooking 6 whole eggs and have some sort of mental anguish about updating this site with the truth...stupid journal begone.

Don't do one!

Ohh and I added a scoop of NO-Xplode to my bedtime drink just for kicks too

Breakfast:

Protein shake, 200gms raw oats in water, greentea/ginseng, vitamin C, multi-vits.

For the day:

Cooked 500gms chicken

2 wholegrain sandwiches filled with meat, cucumber, avocado, tomatoe, salad, cream cheese.

x1 185gm tuna

double protein shake

300gms dry oats

Apple

Banana

(I can see I might get hungry later in the day)

After the workout this evening will have:

Post-workout double-serve shake with 50gm glucose

Dinner (300gms chicken + salad)

Bedtime 185gm tuna

150gms protein from shakes

120gms protein from chicken

50gms protein from tuna

300gms carbs from oats

100gms carbs from sandwiches + fruits

What's that?

320 gms protein

400gms carbs

?gms fat

Just shy of 3000 calories but didn't include the 10gms protein (incomplete) that each 100gms of oats has in it which is an extra 160 calories, and didn't count fats I never eat fats deliberately, don't drink flaxseed oils, don't aim to consume fats at all but if they're in the food then bonus.

I enjoy reading your journal.
lol

your journal is good to read.

Thanks guys!

So 2 people read my journal...sweet!

Just fiinshing half of the cooked chicken I, I like to have meat by 9am in the morning and breakfast is too rushed these days to be having a bowl of oats and a bowl of chicken.

I enjoy it too, so that makes at least 3!

Hey I was chatting to a workout mate at the gym (funnily enough) this afternoon and he was telling me all about this guy who beat him at the Thames Classic a couple of weeks ago. How he had perfect symetry and his back was amazing etc. Then I clicked, he must have been talking about you haha.

His Name is Ross and that was only his second comp (he came second to you in novice men over 80kg). Watch out for him next season, he just needs a bit of guidance and he'll be away!

Ah yeah must have been me. The guy came 2nd to me was pretty close in terms of conditioning too. Tell Ross I look forward to seeing him on the circuit next year competing, I'm saving myself for the Nationals but will follow the progress of people like him...tell him I'll be watching him like a hawk, and if gets too good I'll have to resort to hobbling him the week of the comp - haha.

Thames was awesome fun, the competitors were friendly and awesome backstage man, Willie Walker and Thames gave us everything we had prep rooms, tanning rooms, workout room with weights! 'Organised' described it best for me.

Glad you like the read!

Tonight was chest and biceps, a combination I don't normally do so that's a good enough reason to do it :-)

My training partner was a girl - *gasp* and to be honest I have never done a workout with one of those b4. But she was awesome and worked hard on each exercise we did. I didn't comment on form or push her along, she has a fantastic physique so what she does is def working for her already. Maybe next time I'll point out the little nuances like twisting the dumbbells ever so slightly for incline bench press to aim pressure on the inner pecs at the top (a Charles Glass technique).

I screwed up my workout drink it was plain water but was supposed to be Xtend. I put the Xtend (it's BCAAs, Glutamine and Citrulline) in with my NOXplode so I had plenty of energy but I should have sipping the Xtend drink. Doesn't matter next time.

We warmed up on a seated press machine and I pumped out about 40 reps before we got started, 20-25 reps after that for 3 sets. Over to the incline dumbbell press and did 20kg for 27 reps....it hurt too much to reach 30 and I didn't want to strain in front of girl! After that though I was doing until failure so it was 25, 20, and 15 rep sets. Now I was pumped up enough to take off my t'shirt and I still get a shock when I look in the mirror, this is me at my absolute best. We moved over to cable flyes as the pec decks were taken, This is where the chest really pumped up for me and we both did 4 good sets on this 15+ rep sets.

Next to biceps, warming up with single cable curls together (well not together but simultaneously...uh at the same time :oops: ). Then we went over to the e-z-curl bar and both pumped away at 2.5kg each side. She noticed my pain after 25+ reps but I didn't cry. I went up to 5kg each side for a few and so did she, we must have done 3 or 4 working sets before finishing with some seated dumbbell curls. She did alternating curls while I did concentration curls.

Fantastic workout and will be organising another, I think she is like me in that she can actually motivate herself to do a workout so even her workouts alone are intense.

I had my usual post-workout shake of a double-serve protein powder and glucose, with a scoop of Xtend.

Then at home cooked 400gms of chicken, adn had 300gms of it with avocado, tomato, cucumber and kumara chips - easy meal!

I'll finish the other 100gms just before bedtime, i think it's common knowledge that your body can only absorb a certain amount or protein at any one time (used to be 30gm but I think this myth was dispelled and it's a higher amount now...if anyone knows?).

I used to pre-cook everything the night before but the chicken is rock hard the next day after being in the fridge. So I now cook it in the morning and take to work and leave it in tupperware container in my bag, doesn't go into a fridge at all after being cooked.

I cook kumara the night before, I've boiled a 500gm kumara for tomorrow and put 1kg of chicken breast in the fridge for defrosting. Tomorrow is a big day I am going to abs and triceps tomorrow midday, then legs that evening.

That means I will eat like a horse before midday and after midday until about 5:30pm. So I'll have the kumara AND take oats, along with 1kg chicken this should allow me to recover from the onslaught.

And I have Thursday planned as my REST day this week.

Already got Sunday planned to be shoulders, which is how it rolls sometimes but last shoulder workout was Friday...9 days apart ay! Well if u read back my shoulders took about 4 days to recover so am happy to have that amount of rest they will get hammered again!

So that leaves Friday or Saturday for anything I like. I think I'll do a session on calves and forearms, we'll see what happens.

It's Wednesday morning.

Took a couple of photos late last night, not pumped up just me after dinner.

Also added my breakfast and days food.

There's a bowl of oats with water added, a protein shake (gone), and the cup of greentea/ginseng tea.

The chicken had some spare left over so that's in a bowl for breakfast as well...oh and I did 6 eggs cause the chicken was only 850gms when weighed so added another protein meal. There;s a post-workout shake in there too.

And lastly, the kumara which was cooked last night.

Didn't add supplements today, was thinking of doing that but maybe next week will show what I am taking daily.

Enjoy :-)

post-2764-14166818943855_thumb.jpg

post-2764-14166818943969_thumb.jpg

post-2764-14166818944086_thumb.jpg

post-2764-14166818944219_thumb.jpg

Change of plan, today will do triceps but also do some shoulder work as well.

I couldn't sleep last night until I had my workouts planned in my head and 9 days is a long time between bodyparts I thought, even though recovery took 4 days.

I'll give them a workout but not to failure. i go to failure on almost everything I do, all the time so this will be a change for me plus legs tonight so i need all of my strength for them.

I am beginning to visualise my leg workouts these days, it's going to be hard to explain but will try.

Before you start an exercise you already know what bodypart it is working right? Leg curls=hammies, leg extensions=tear-drop/quads, squats=quads etc etc.

I concentrate on the part of the leg I want to be bigger first.

So rather than pick the exercise I will look at my legs and say to myself 'I want a bigger sweep'. then I will pick the exercise/s that I think will work that part the most, and with each rep I will squeeze the hell out of the sweep.

Easier to do with medium-light weights than heavy weights and I think it works for me to have the concentration thing going on.

My legs need more size no doubt about that, but my legs last year were nothing to the size they are today they have seen 2" of growth in the last year. If I can add another 2" to them this year I would be pretty happy.

Troy Alves does a similar thing when he does leg presses and pushes out to the top again, he squeezes and flexes them imagining as if he is standing on stage doing just that. It must make standing on stage flexing them a breeze without the weights ay :-)