Vee's Journal

runveerun

Hello! I thought I would put up a journal as I don't really track everything everyday and could use all advice from you expert-type people out there!

I have been training for the Auckland Marathon (it is November 2nd) so have been doing a lot of running! I am tapering off this week and the next to build up to it. I 'normally' (after the marathon) run, swim and cycle two to three times a week and I have been lifting weights for the last 9 weeks which I do 3 times a week, I have one day off a week. I don't eat meat but I eat fish- I am an ex vegan and am eating fish for protein I really don't like meat I never have.

Today

M1:

Protein shake

10x Almonds

M2:

1/2 c Oats, Ammarnth and plain low fat yoghurt

M3:

Wholewheat pasta, Tuna, low fat plain cottage cheese, salad

M4:

Protein shake + glutamine, x10 Almonds

M5:

Mushrooms stuffed with prawns and veges on Whole wheat bread

Run: 1/2 hour

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been painting my apartment today so didn't eat as much as I normally would, just wanted to finish painting before I ate so ended up having more protein shakes than I normally would as they were easy to make- bad I know but at least I finished painting it!!

Upper body day today so here goes!

BB Bench press 9kg x12/10kg x10/12.5kg x8/14.6kgx6/12.5kgx12

DB Bench press 9.2kgx12

Bent D/B rows 9.2kgx12/14.4kgx10/14.4kgx8/20kgx6/14.4kgx12

DB Rows incline 9.2kgx12

BB Standing press 2.5kg x12/5kgx10/7.6kgx8/10kgx6/7.6kgx12

Bent DB raises 2.5kg x12

Standing DB Curls 4.6kgx12/7.2kgx10/10kgx8/7.2kgx6/4.6kgx12

Hammer curls 5kgx12

Standing tricep ext 2.5kg x12/ 4.6kgx10/7.2kg x8/10kgx6/7.2kgx12

Dips B/W x12

Food

M1: protein shake and 10 almonds

M2: 1/2C oats 1x scoop protein, amaranth and some plain L/F yoghurt

M3 protein shake

M4:prawns and veges

M5: protein shake

M5:WW wrap with tuna and veges

Well it's my nieces 13th birthday tomorrow and I have been saving a cheat meal for the occassion so I am looking forward to eating a piece of birthday cake!!

I've been eating more since I have been weight training, I do normally eat a bit more but this weekend has been a little different food wise with being out and about and what-not. What else would you reccommend I eat? Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!

Sunday:

Run 20mins @ 10.5/hr on treadmill

M1: protein shake

M2: 1/2C oats, 1scoop protein, low fat yoghurt

M3: Chickpea and kumura patty, salad,tofu,beans

M4: piece chocolate mud cake (long awaited!!!)

M5: Tofu, salad, beans and vege sausage

Day off training today- I have Mondays off.

M1: 1/2 C Oats, scoop protein L/F yoghurt

M2: Protein shake and 10 almonds

M3: WW wrap with tuna, veges and cottage cheese

M4: Salmon,veges + 1 piece w/w bread

M5: 2 Eggs, veges, flaxseed oil, cottage cheese, kumura

M6: L/F yoghurt and scoop protein powder

Just less then one week till the marathon, I will up the carbs on Friday and Saturday in anticipation! Looking forward to some full on pasta meals!! :nod:

Lower body today, I use the gym in my apartment building it's got loads of cardio machines and not much in the way of weights so starting to have to get a little creative with the weights! Don't have a squat rack so doing leg presses now but the machine only goes up to 180 lbs so will have to one legged soon!

Leg Press: 100lbs x12/130lbs x10/150lbsx8/180lbsx6/160lbs x12

Sumo Squat: 40kg x12

Deadlift: 15kg x12/20kg x10/40kg x8/40kg x6/30kg x12

Lunges: 20kgx12

Calf raises: 80lbs x12/100lbsx10/120lbsx8/150lbsx6/130lbsx12

One leg raises: 100lbsx12

Abs: captains chair: B/W 12/10/8/6/12

Reverse crunches: x12

FOOD!

M2: oats,LF yoghurt,scoop protein powder

M3: Banana + some almonds

M4: Kumura, eggs, cottage cheese, veges, flax oil

M5: Prawn keebabs, kumura, veges

M6: Protein shake

Mmmmm.. your meals look yummy yum.gif How do you make the kumara and chickpea patty?

Heya poos_n_wees! To make Kumura and chickpea patty thingys:

Boil a couple of kumuras with skin on (can't be bothered peeling them) until cooked then mash up with a couple of eggs whites (or more if you want) add a can of chickpeas mash again, and some ginger, garlic and herbs, add oats so it's a good rolling consistancy to roll into balls and sqwish flat into pattys then roll them in oats too, bake at 180 for 20mins or BBQ!

Bon appetite!

:ditto: cute avatar. Yep your diet looks pretty good for what your wanting to acheive. Very tasty. You vegetarian yeah and just eat fish?

Thanks biggurl! :P I'm just in awe of you avatar!! you look amazing! :nod:

Yep I'm a crap vegetarian eating fish so I'm not really vegetraian :shifty:

I really don't like the taste of meat I never have even as a kid I wouldn't eat it but I'm OK with fish, it's too hard being vegetarian and getting enough protein in so eating fish makes it a hellalot easier!

Am pooped today, walked to work which I'm gonna count as my cardio as I planned on running home but managed to talk myself out of it by the time it came around!! I figure it's OK since it's 3 DAYS till the marathon and I could do with all the rest I can get!? :pfft:

FOOD:

M1: Protein shake + some almonds

M2: Banana and a pear

M3: kumura (seem to eating alot this week!!)eggs, L/F cottage cheese,veges

M4: Oats, L/F yogurt, scoop protein powder

M5: tuna and a salmon steak (1/2 a piece of each), veges, pumpkin, L/Fcottage cheese

Yes really need to rest but am addicted to the gym! Went to do upper body today and nearly finished and gave up- never done that before! Just too damn knackered!! I will rest and stop trying to be a hero methinks!!

BB Bench press: 9kg x12/10kgx10/15kgx8/19kgx6/15kgx12

DB bench press: 10kgx12

bent DB rows: 10kgx12/14kgx10/20kgx8/24kgx6/20kgx12

DB incline rows 14kg x12

BB standing press: 5kg x12/7kgx10/7kgx8/10kgx6/7kgx12

Bent DB raises 5kg x12

DB curls: 5kg x12/7kg x10

and that's it am going to bed now!! :shock:

FOOD:

M2: Oats, LF yoghurt, ammaranth, scoop protein powder

M3:Tuna steak, pumpkin, veges, cottage cheese

M4: Almonds, cottage cheese, rice thins x2

M5: Hapuki, falafels, veges

:ditto: about the patties! I have a can of chickpeas in the pantry that I didn't know what to do with :pfft:

Hummus is good to make with canned chickpeas too just blend it with some garlic, juice of a lemon, herbs (if you fancy) and some tahini I add just enough water to blend it and you can add olive or flax oil if you want it's yum as a dipping thing or just spread it on everything!!

:ditto: about the patties! I have a can of chickpeas in the pantry that I didn't know what to do with :pfft:

Hummus is good to make with canned chickpeas too just blend it with some garlic, juice of a lemon, herbs (if you fancy) and some tahini I add just enough water to blend it and you can add olive or flax oil if you want it's yum as a dipping thing or just spread it on everything!!

Even better, throw the chickpeas in the blender, garlic, lemon juice and a tin of beetroot and a bit of yoghurt - makes a Lebanese-style dip that lasts well in the fridge and is yummy on pitabread, vogels, crackers...so my wife tells me!

Rest rest rest!! Yay!! I kinda feel bad for not going to the gym or running today I'm scared that I will get to the start line and realise I've forgotten how to run or that I shouldn't be there!! I have this worry every race so I know I will be fine! :lol:

Picked up my race pack and in it is a moro bar, packet of bagel crisps and a cheese bagel so I handed them all to my husband and he ate them -phew!

Also got a pink tee shirt (yay) and a rubber ducky not sure what to do with the ducky as i don't have a bath! Anywho so NO training today feels very strange but FOOD:

M1: 2x wholewheat toast with cottage cheese - I haven't had that in months!

M2:Protein shake

M3: oats, yoghurt,scoop protein powder

M4: falafels,veges, ww wrap, cottage cheese, hapuki

M5: almonds, banana

M6: veges, tuna ww wrap

Well tomorrow is the BIG DAY today have just been cleaning everything- I clean when I'm nervous :shrug:

I have tried my running outfit on and pinned my number to it and taken it off again, I have tied the timing chip to my laces and made a 4 hour play list for my ipod!!

FOOD

M1: Protein shake

M2: Oats,LF yoghurt, scoop protein powder

M3: Tuna, ww bread, salad

M4: LF yoghurt, scoop protein powder, peaches

M5: cottage cheese, strawberries, sugar free maple syrup (YUM !!!)

M6: Tofu, rice, salad,miso

That's it I'm off to bed now as I'm up at 4am to have brekkie and get the ferry to Devonport.

I will be a fully fledged marathon runner next time I write!!!!