Chas's Training Journal

Chas

Hi Guys'

After reading Ash and Varuns journals I'm feeling inspired to jump on the band wagon :)

I'll get some photos organised this week so you can get an idea of where I'm starting from.

Friday 8/7

Diet was a complete FU :evil: thanks work !

7.30am 2 x slices Rye Toast with LF Cottage cheese

1 x Protien shake (500mls Sun Latte Milk, 1 Banana, 30grms Balance unflavoured Whey, hand full berries)

1 x serve Miada Creasurge

9.30am three egg omlette (cheese, tomato, bacon, hey it's friday :pfft: )

Insert large work FU

3pm 6" Roast Chicken Subway

6pm 6" Roast Chicken Subway

7.30pm Gym

9 Pm 2 x Chicken Breasts, Steamed Vegies, 3 x egg whites

Plus 5 odd green teas and 4 ltrs water through out day.

Thought I'd feel crappy after large food hole but oddly enough went into WO feeling good !

Back Work out.

WG Lat pull downs Warm up Sets + 3 x 10 @ 60 kg

Standing Bent over Row (bench thingy) WUS + 3 x 10 35 kg (not sure of true weight here ?

Wierd Back Machine (?? Handles in front, cantilevered weights behind your head, pull toward you...) WUS + 3 x 10 30kgs

WG chin ups - assisted at 80% BW (88kgs) RP to fail.

Fore Arms

Behind body BB wrist curls 3 x 10+ @ 30kgs (to fail)

Saturday 09/07

Rest Day

7.30am 6 x English muffins (1/2s) with LF Cottage Cheese

8.30am Protien Shake (as per previous)

10am Protien Bar

12pm Rare Beef Salad

2pm Protien Bar

5.30pm Burger Fuel Burger, Chips with Aioli Dip :twisted: :twisted:

2 Glasses Red Wine

5 odd GT's and 2 ltrs water

Gotta Love Bad Food and Wine Day :twisted:

Sunday 10/07

Late start this morning after sleep in.

9.30am 2 Boiled Eggs plus 2 Egg whites

10.30am 2 Poached Eggs whites on 2 slices whole grain

Protien Shake (30grms proline Elite Choc in 300mls water)

12.30 6" Roast Chicken Sub

2.30 Protien Bar

4.30 150grms Chicken Breast with 150 grms mixed steamed veg

7.00 300grms Eye Fillet, 100 grms Mush rooms with 250 grms Stir fry mix

Plus protien Shake (Milk, Bana, Berry, whey) at about 9.30

Started late on the water to day (bad :oops: ) but got 3 ltrs in over afternoon. Green tea through out day.

Chest

Incline Bench DB Press WUS + 3 x 8 @ 24kg

Flat Bench DB Fly WUS + 3 x 8 @ 17kg

Decline Bench BB Press 3 x 6 @ 60kg

Cable Flys 3 x to fail @ 16lb

Triceps

Over Head Cable Press WUS + 3 x 12 @ 32lb

Over Head press with Ezy Bar (see note) 2 x 10 @ 20kg plus bar

Over Head DB Press 2 x 10 @ 18kg

Cable Push down (Flat Bar) 3 x 10 @ 32 lb

Dips at 80% assist Rest Paused to fail

Note : I've been strugling to stop my left elbow flaring out on tricep work possibly due to an old injury, I had read in M&F that over head extensions with an Ezy bar might help, but found it actuall made it worse.

Post work out I feel pretty good but definatly have to hit the water earlier in the day tomorrow.

Good solid work there bro, hang in with the nutrition and expect gains :)

Your tricep programme could be restructured to include some more basic compound like lifts though ?

I find Close Grip Bench presses and Over head DB extensions to be more than enough.

3 sets of each is usually enough to kill them.

Of course the dips that you already have should pack on some beef onto them.

In order to decrease aggravation of joint injuries such as your elbows, the best way (as I found out from Ash) is to use less sets and more reps so the weight doesnt really strain it.

So maybe change tricep work to 2 different excercises consisting of 2/3 sets each at about 15 reps.

Just a suggestion.

V.V.

So you managed to actually do a Sunday workout? I just couldn't hack it today - I even got changed into my gym gear but in the end, I gave up and just made some curry for lunch :oops:.

What's your opinion of the Miada Creasurge?

So you managed to actually do a Sunday workout? I just couldn't hack it today - I even got changed into my gym gear but in the end, I gave up and just made some curry for lunch :oops:.

What's your opinion of the Miada Creasurge?

I thought I was bad getting out of bed at 9 :grin:

Miada Creasurge - 1 it was free so... 2 seems to be doing the job ? not cheap at $65 for 20 serves and they recommend 3 per day ! I'm going to cycle off Creatine for a week when it's done then re start so I should have a better idea then

Stomach is lovin that Burgerfuel today :shifty:

Your tricep programme could be restructured to include some more basic compound like lifts though ?

I find Close Grip Bench presses and Over head DB extensions to be more than enough.

3 sets of each is usually enough to kill them.

Of course the dips that you already have should pack on some beef onto them.

In order to decrease aggravation of joint injuries such as your elbows, the best way (as I found out from Ash) is to use less sets and more reps so the weight doesnt really strain it.

So maybe change tricep work to 2 different excercises consisting of 2/3 sets each at about 15 reps.

Just a suggestion.

V.V.

I'm running Triceps with Chest at the mo and at the end of my chest there is nothing left for any other flat bench, french, CG or other press type lifts with out a training partner to spot.

Usually I go heavy as I can on OHDBE then finish with sets of Flat bar PD's then exhaust with rope PD's. Every second week I also switch to DB push backs (or what ever their called) BB skull crushers, and Rope PD's.

Today was more a bit of experimenting after reading some muscle and fitness articles. I do like the over head cable extensions, they seem to give a nice pump. There is a bit of anack to getting in the starting position though !

Monday11/07

8.00am 2 Slices Rye Toast with LF Cottage Cheese

1 serve Creasurge

10.30 150grsm Chicken Breast with 150grms Steamed Veges

Protien Shake with water

12.30 150grms Chicken Breats with 300grms Steamed Veges

2.30 100grm Lean Beef Meat Ball with salad

4.30 Protien Shake with Water

1 serve Creasurge

8.00 200grms Turkey Roast with Salad

9.45 1/2 protien Bar

Green tea and 3 ltrs water through out day

Legs with PT

45deg Leg Press WUS + 3 x 8 @ 250kgs

Static Lunges WUS + 3 x 12 @ 25kg

Seated Leg Curl WUS + 3 x 8 @ 35kg

Deadlifts WUS + 1 x 10 @ 40kg 2 x 8 @ 50kg

Abs

feet on wall S/B crunch 3 x 25

Back Extension 10/12/14

Leg Raises 15/18/20

Felt pretty good afterward, topped off with 30min low HR walk.

Thanks Jono ! My numbers have a long way to go to catch you guys :D

Just stay consistent with both training and diet and those numbers will keep increasing.

I suppose we're all chasing some numbers - I am trying to catch myself when I was 19 :wink:

Tuesday 12/07

7am Rye Toast with Cottage Cheese x 2

1 serve Creasurge

10am Chicken Roll with salad

1.30pm Chicken Panini with Salad

2.30pm Chicken Roll with Salad

6.00pm 1 serve Creasurge

7.00pm large Salmon and Tuna Sushimi plus grilled fish

9.30pm Protien Bar

No training due to dinner commitments

Wednesday 13/07

7.30am 2 x Rye Toast with Cottage Cheese

1 whole egg plus 2 egg whites

1 serve Creasurge

11am 150grms Chicken breasts with 150grms mixed vege

1pm 150grms Chicken breasts with 300grms mixed vege

4pm HPLC Bar

5.15pm 1 serve Creasurge

7.30pm Protien Bar

9.00pm Roast Chicken with salad

1 serve Creasurge

10.30pm Protien Shake with Milk

1/2 Dozen raw almonds

2 slices Rye toast with Cottage Cheese

Shoulders

Machine Shoulder Press WUS + 1 x 10 @ 100lb, 2 x 6 @ 100lb, 1 x 5 @ 100lb

Lateral Raise WUS + 1 x 8 @ 7.5kg, 2 x 10 @ 7.5kg, 1 x 6 @ 10kg

Machine rear delt fly WUS + 2 x 10 @ 35lb, 1 x 9 @ 35, 1 x 8 @ 35

DB Shrugs WUS + 2 X 10 @ 35kg, 1 x 9 @ 35kg, 1 x 8 @35kg

Calfs

Donkey calf on 45deg LP WUS + 4 x 8 @ 160kg

SU Calf Raise 4 x 10 @ 150lb

At the moment I'm holding steady at 90kg (I'm 6'2") although I'm pretty sure that I'm losing BF so that should mean that I'm also making lean muscle gains.

I've done a bit of digging today and it looks like I could add brown rice servings to almost every meal up untill about 10pm which would help on the carb side ?

At the moment I'm holding steady at 90kg (I'm 6'2") although I'm pretty sure that I'm losing BF so that should mean that I'm also making lean muscle gains.

I've done a bit of digging today and it looks like I could add brown rice servings to almost every meal up untill about 10pm which would help on the carb side ?

brown rice and oats are great sources of carbs.

its VERY hard to lose BF and gain muscle at the same time, since both things require mutually exclusive calorie conditions. eg: dropping fat req calorie deficite, with gain muslce req calorie surplus

its VERY hard to lose BF and gain muscle at the same time, since both things require mutually exclusive calorie conditions. eg: dropping fat req calorie deficite, with gain muslce req calorie surplus

So I'm starting to find out :nod: It doen't look like doing cardio is the way to keep it at bay either as this would appear to have greater detriment to muscle ?

So I'm starting to find out :nod: It doen't look like doing cardio is the way to keep it at bay either as this would appear to have greater detriment to muscle ?

jsut dont overdo the cardio. its all trial and error

Chas,

from what I have learnt adding lean muscle and destroying body fat seems to be an extremely hard to get to point for the majority, except for few advanced trainers.

DC boys seem to be good at it, but then again DC cant be used for most new trainees. Your carb levels seem EXTREMELY low mate, as the others said it almost looks like your trying to get cut/ripped right before a show.

If your in a state like this Im pretty sure You wont be adding any more muscle. When your body needs energy its going to start burning up the fat :) and then the muscle :(

Id advice raise the carbs a bit And the protein to decrease muscle break down. Start in small bits and dont worry about adding in too much fat. Make a change and watch your body for a week. Keep tweaking till your in a more acceptable spot, i.e. you can get in more carbs for energy and possibly protein to fuel more growth at the same point you will continue decreasing body fat.

Lastly add in L Glutamine and BCAA, possible HMB ( never used it so cant comment on this one though ) to prevent muscle break down. The 2 formerly mentioned supplements Do play a big role in preventing lean muscle loss, I wouldnt cut or try to decrease BF without them.