Oats & Eggs Whites

TK3

Check out my post on oatcakes with protein sauce :-)...I think I posted it.

1/2 cup of oats + 3-4 egg whites. 1tsp baking powder. mix up and fry.

Add flavours! Plain cocoa powder, ground ginger, mixed spice, cinnamon, banana essence, strawberry essence, coconut essence

cocoa + coconut, banana + cocoa, cocoa + orange (jaffa..teehee)...etc go mad! Add 5-10 drops of liquid stevia to sweeten it...unless of course you're down with sugar, and just use that !

protein sauce is just protein powder mixed with a small amount of hot water. drizzle some nice flaxseed oil on top of your oat cake +

protein sauce... yummy yum yum.

you can also do a savoury oatcake - just add salt and mixed herbs (or whatever flavour you like) instead of stevia and sweet flavours.

go mad!! you won't be able to contain yourself!

ALSO

egg whites + oats + a bit of milk (or soymilk is nice) a handful of blueberries and some stevia - microwave for a minute and then whisk, microwave for another minute. Add a tad more milk to serve.

Love egg whites and oats.......I just gave it a go and keep trying it until I got it right. Off season you can add a few extras like a little yoghurt etc. but this is my method

1/3 Cup of Oats

Water (just enough to cover oats)

Whisk egg whites in separate bowl tilfrothy and "glossy"

Add egg whites to oats

Microwave 1 min

Whisk again (I use an egg beater)

Microwave 40 sec

Add protein powder (and glutamine if you need)

Splenda (to taste)

Frozen berries / cinnamon / bit of dried fruit

Have a go.....you won't look back! =P~

i've got another one! Got a jar of coconut oil - SOOOOOOOOOOOO yum to cook with.

anywho - I made scrambled oat eggs, added some salt and some cauli and then scrambled it all in the coconut oil. yummo. but whatever your flava is will work - herbs, garlic, onion, cook in cooking spray,. if you don't care about your fat cook in butter. *drool*

and then I thought, well, cauliflower is tasteless so why can't i do it sweet. so i did. oats, egg whites, cauliflower, stevia, cinnamon and ground ginger and scrambled that shit all up.

you're really only limited by your imagination when it comes to oats and egg whites. muffins can also be made from oatbran (thats like the finely ground oats), baking powder and egg whites and then flavour accordingly - sweet or savoury and bake. you could probably even bake a birthday cake as oats and egg whites as a base. when my comps over i'm gonna try it.

Place oats in bowl (add fruit if you're allowed: I'm on 1/3c oats, 1T Pineapple), water to just cover.

Nuke 1 min.

Add 2 egg whites; mix with fork

Nuke 1 min

Mix again

Nuke 1 min; basically till its all cooked, but not too thick (practise makes perfect on this one)

Mix again.

In a cup mix 1 scoop vanilla protein with a SMALL amount of water to make a 'cream'. Add to oats. Add flax oil.

You are a freakin' good chef Valkyrie! Im sure I stuffed up those oatcakes cos they didnt look like what I thought they would but they still tasted pretty good! :grin:

and really its all in how they taste! who cares what it looks like.

best way to cook it without it falling apart will depend on the speed and heat of your element. you want to have enough oil (if you're allowed) or cooking spray or a really good non stick pan. I saw an add for baking paper or something that you can put in your frying pan and fry with!! Awesome I say!...but what nasty chemicals does it let off...hmm. dunno

anyways..............sssss.....sssss .. cook your oat cake until it starts bubbling on the top - using a lid over the frying pan helps also, cos what you want is for it to almost set on top before you flip it. Your other option is to cook the bottom, then grill the top and when its almost solid flip it. :-) practice makes perfect Adonis.

I've got another one...teehee.

This particular recipe makes 6 mini oatmuffins.

3 egg whites + 40g of oatbran + 1 heaped tsp baking powder + flavouring of choice and stevia to sweeten. These can turn out a bit dry so you may want to add 1-2tsp of olive oil (hmm...spot the similarities in the recipes). whisk and divide into 6 mini muffin tins, bake on 180degrees for about 10 minutes. Make a thick protein sauce - just a dash of hot water with protein powder and put on top like 'icing'.

I LOVE OATS AND EGGS! \:D/

• 6 months later...