KRAV MAGA

Optimass

Yeah I have.

Krav Maga is a aggresive reality based self defence system created by the Israeli military.

like all "martial arts" it is as effective as your instructor.

You are taught fighting skills with a reality based approach: fighting multiple attackers, armed attackers (guns, knives, baton ETC). Working in hostile environments so forth.

Gist of it relies on rapid reaction to aggression with maximum damage using minimal force and getting away.

Depending on your instructor you can learn a lot or it maybe pretty obvious depending on your background.

Give it a go i say.

Looks interesting, plenty of crap stuff around I'd give it a go and see what you think.

I am a firm believer adrenalin training is the most important thing people have to master before trying to apply anything they know, if your gonna become shit scared and panic in a situation without being able to manage it your training is largely useless.

• 2 months later...

definately give it a go, i have been training with graham on the shore for a year and a half, its definately different from most martial arts. no katas, or gis its a self defence more than a martial art, lots more contact and reality based. check out tacticalkravmaga.org.nz. for info. not everyones cup of tea but could be right for you.

cheers