Sweet Brown Rice

poos_n_wees

Yuk that sounds disgusting.

I guess I just don't like sweet & savour together, like cottage cheese and yoghart mixed :pale:

lol. I find that rice, egg whites and cottage cheese take on any flavour they're mixed with.

Sounds tasty...and with all those extracts and essences!!

Have you guys tried Stevia as a sweetener? Its natural, non-nutritive and not artificial, and can be cooked with. Liquid or powder - best brand is Nirvana from Naturally Healthy, and Hardy's Healthy living stock a different brand.

I tried the recipe the other day but with white rice instead of brown and without the splenda, and it was icky.. probably because the rice wasn't cooked properly (crunchy rice anyone?) :oops: but I ate it anyway LOL.

Yuk that sounds disgusting.

I guess I just don't like sweet & savour together, like cottage cheese and yoghart mixed :pale:

lol Stef, I felt the same way.... until my food choices started getting limited :pfft:

I find that rice, egg whites and cottage cheese take on any flavour they're mixed with.

Sounds tasty...and with all those extracts and essences!!

I think I may add some eggwhites into the rice before popping it into the microwave next time.. it needs something to hold it all together :think:

Have you guys tried Stevia as a sweetener? Its natural, non-nutritive and not artificial, and can be cooked with. Liquid or powder - best brand is Nirvana from Naturally Healthy, and Hardy's Healthy living stock a different brand.

Sweet! Haven't tried Stevia yet.. only equal and splenda. There's a Hardy's nearby.. I'm gonna go check it out :)

• 1 year later...
Sweet! Haven't tried Stevia yet.. only equal and splenda. There's a Hardy's nearby.. I'm gonna go check it out

i find it hard enough to just eat brown rice alone... let alone mixing it with things that dont sound appealing egg white cottage cheese..... :oops:

tried it with crushed pineapple,

still not my flavour