NZBB Challenge - The Before set

Pseudonym

You suit your name Foxybrown, and remeber you are always better off doing a little more work than going to low on food, what ever you do dont go below 1400, cals per day, the biggest mistake girls make is loseing muscle , and make sure Glutamine , BCAAs, and HMB are in your plan, number one priority whilst dieting is to perserve musle at all times , go girl.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys :)

I'm hoping to get down to 20% by end of August at least. I've got an appt with my nutritionist this Fri so I'll check this timeframe with her. I'm on 1100 calories with my meal plan at the mo, hopefully this will change when I see her next!

1100 cals thats pretty low foxy!! make sure you have some serious anticatabolic supplementation going in, like Glutamine,HMB,etc as at 1100 cals your body wont have any hesitation in use lean mass for fuel.

Be intresting to see what your nutritionst has to say, lets us know how you get on babe.

OK, has everyone posted their pics?

I'll be closing off this thread soon, and we'll invite the judges in!

Sets 1 and 2 are not judged (although they will be used to determine the Most Improved physique). But the judges are here to simply lend advice as they see fit. For instance, someone might need to work on their chest more, or pose with their elbows higher - that kind of thing. By the time Set #3 comes around, you'll all be experts at posing to your best advantage! :wink:

Now, by popular demand... my pics. :D

Please be gentle. I haven't been to the gym for a fortnight because my diet's been crap, because I haven't been allowed dairy, because I'm trying to pinpoint the cause of a chronic sinus allergy.

post-2-14166816750491_thumb.jpg

post-2-14166816750604_thumb.jpg

post-2-14166816750727_thumb.jpg

post-2-14166816750854_thumb.jpg

And I still can't get my sodding camera to focus on me! :evil:

It just can't handle your rear double bicep pose - you're looking good there. :D

How much do you weigh in those shots and what did you weigh when you posted your other pics back in Dec 04? Looks like you've made substantial progress since then.

I've pulled out everyone's chit-chat to make it easier for our judges to find the pics. I'll put it all back once they've finished. :grin:

Both judges have a lot of experience, so I'm sure they'll give good advice. I'll let them both introduce themselves however they want... Hopefully they can make it on within the next few days.

8)

Heres mine: wt 94, ht 5'10

Now its time to see how many people have the balls to put theirs up.

Good man for having a go.You have got a fair amount of size and you carry it well with a balanced physique.It will be intersting to see you with a lower bodyfat which I hope you can lose withiut sacrificing muscle.

Keep working on width i.e upper chest back and deltoids to achieve the classical V shape which a requirement of current shapes.

Always bend your wrists towards your head as this will peak your biceps better when you pose(the photo shows you with them bent frontwards).Looking forward to more shots.Tom Terry IFBB International Judge

I think jono is right on this one, however i will be the next brave one. :pfft:

now, to see how much massiver i can become,

like my helmet, :nod:

Good structure which just needs more size.Squat for growth and remember to eat!

Plenty of upper chest and back width will balance your physique but you are doing ok.Be interesting to see you after a couple of months.You look as though you have a fast metabolism so eating is a rel big issue for you,not huge meals but "grazing through out the day.Keep going,IFBB International Judge

Tom Terry

Okay I'm going to enter pics (these are post contest, so not quite as flashy as the others). By Sep I'll be mid diet so should still be looking okay, however by Dec I'll be a month after the last comp and concentrating more on cardio and triathlons for next year. So don't be surprised if my best photos are in Sep.........

You have a nice shape and you are in pretty good condition.Just try bringing your arms down a little bit and bring your elbows forward to show your lats.This will accentuate the X factor or hour glass shape.With alittle bit of help you could be a threat.Well done.

Tom Terry IFBB International Judge

Here they are - w 82kg 5ft10

have just been bulking up from 72kg - will keep going till next pics then trim down for last pics

Well done Brad, you have a good shape with a small waist and a good lat flare.When you do a bicep pose bend your wrists over. This will peak your biceps more and give them height.

Work on those hamstrings Brad,nothing like flat footed squats at least to parallel and more so,long as you dont round your lower back. Impresive photos,keep on eating and growing, you could do well.Regards

Tom Terry

Alright everyone,

Ive finally got my pics up.

Yes it was an immense mental effort to convince myself to get them up LOL.

Stats :

6,0 tall

82 kgs.

Currently bulking.

you have a big strong looking physique which could be impressive if you work on lat width.Arms are good but for someone who is 6' tall you need size.Your shape may change slower than the others because you are tall but when you get another 20kgs look out.Well done

When doing the rear double bicep lean backwards and open your lats up first then tense the biceps.If you tense the biceps first you cant control your lats and you lose the width.Regards Tom

Heya all,

Here are my first set of pics.

Current Stats:

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 64kg

Body fat: 27%

1st Goal: 20% Body Fat

You have a nice feminine shape with a good structure,small waist and straight legs especially from the knee down to the ankle.

You have done well with your posing but I would advise you to adopt a narrower stance.Very feminine side on with poise and grace.What will you look like with another 7-8kgs off? Very interesting,keep going I think you have what it takes to do well.Regards Tom

OK, has everyone posted their pics?

I'll be closing off this thread soon, and we'll invite the judges in!

Sets 1 and 2 are not judged (although they will be used to determine the Most Improved physique). But the judges are here to simply lend advice as they see fit. For instance, someone might need to work on their chest more, or pose with their elbows higher - that kind of thing. By the time Set #3 comes around, you'll all be experts at posing to your best advantage! :wink:

Now, by popular demand... my pics. :D

Please be gentle. I haven't been to the gym for a fortnight because my diet's been crap, because I haven't been allowed dairy, because I'm trying to pinpoint the cause of a chronic sinus allergy.

Excellent shots although I would have preferred to see you with the leg stance that you have for the rear double bicep using it for the front double bicep.You have a good ,classical shape,broad shoulders,small(well smallish) waist.Yes like the others you could do well.

If you are in the vicinity of the Colliseum gym I am there most nights and could spend 15 minutes (free) with you running through the compulsory poses.This invitation is for all the gutsy competitiors who have posted their photos for judging.Regards Tom

Thanks, Tom. That's some valuable feedback.

For instance, I never realised it was legitimate to do the front poses with your feet apart. I'd always done them heels together, and it's always felt (and looked, I think) quite awkward. So should the front stance be exactly the same as the rear?

And for the rest of you, if you have any questions, I'm sure Tom will be happy to answer them for you. :)

Thanks, Tom. That's some valuable feedback.

For instance, I never realised it was legitimate to do the front poses with your feet apart. I'd always done them heels together, and it's always felt (and looked, I think) quite awkward. So should the front stance be exactly the same as the rear?

And for the rest of you, if you have any questions, I'm sure Tom will be happy to answer them for you. :)

Good question.The requirements for NZFBB contests for the front double bicep is for the feet to be a short distance apart(not together as some think)The trend has been to open up the stance as you can get a better contraction of the quad muscles and display a thick sartorious muscle.

I personall think that it enables the thigh muscles to be assessed better and please remember although it is a "front double biceps" pose it is still a head to toe assessment where all the muscle groups are critiqued.

The rear double bicep pose allows for a little wider stance as you are endeavouring to display your calf and hamstrings as well as the rest of the physique.Incidentally this particular pose probably carries more weight than any other compulsory pose as it shows off so many major muscle groups and in particular the back muscles.So please work that back if you want to place high.Pull the back muscles out first before you tense the arms.Good luck to you all