Egg white pizza

poos_n_wees

I was craving BBQ/chicken pizza like mad this morning, so made this for breakfast.. it was awesomeness to the power of 10. Really filling and very low carb and totally killed the craving :nod:

Of course you could +/- ingredients to suit your tastes.. but this is what I used:

INGREDIENTS

200g eggwhites (approx 6 eggs)

60g shredded cooked chicken

1 onion, chopped

40g Low fat grated cheese (I just used mozzarella)

15g Hickory BBQ sauce

Salt (optional)

Chilli powder (optional)

Oregano (optional)

METHOD

Saute onion (and whatever other veges you use) in a pan til browned. Beat the egg whites well until light and fluffy. Add salt & chilli powder into the mixture, then pour into a non-stick fry pan over a low heat. Spread the veges mixture evenly on top.

Spread shredded chicken over the top, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese over it too, drizzle the sauce, and finish with a pinch of oregano.

At this point, you can either put a lid over the top and cook the pizza on a low heat on the stove until the cheese melts, or do what I did.. chuck the thing in the oven on about 150C for 10mins until the cheese melted and I could smell all the happiness eminating from the kitchen.

MACROS (this is for what I used)

Cals - 397

P: 50g

C: 7g

F: 17g

* If I was to do this differently, I'd probably have cooked the eggwhites (to make the "crust") then taken them off the heat and spread the sauce over the top... THEN added the veges/chicken/cheese combo. But umm I was too hungry to wait lolz.

Definitely Evie! When I get that feeling during a diet that I'm being 'deprived' of yummy food, I start getting into trouble with cheating :oops:

Have to try and keep things interesting and as close to what I'd normally eat so I don't feel like I'm missing out on tasty food :nod:

Yummy Poos N wees were did you find that recipe for the egg white pizza?

Just googled 'egg white recipe ideas' lol. Eventually found a recipe on eggy pizzas.. just changed around a few things to make it more diet friendly ;)

yum yum yum..i did something very similar the other day..basically a pizza omellete, I like to grill the top in the oven, comes out a real treat.

Oooh good idea! The pizza was nice, but I only have a fecking hyooge frying pan, so the "crust" was too thin lol. I'm gonna try your omelette idea tomorrow highfive.gif

I tried it...and holy eggwhites it was frkn nice! I'm never going back to real pizza. I added some psyllium husk into the egg whites to add some no carb fibre in it and stiffen it up slightly. I reckon you could probably add some finely ground oats (uh yeah, porridge) and a bit of baking powder it it might puff up like a wheat free pizza base for lunch..?

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Yum..I'm going to have to try this one...only thing is that since living here in Perth I have yet to find a place that sells a tray of eggs all I can seem to buy is a dozen and its an expensive way of buying them so when it comes to using only egg whites...I cringe at only using the whites :cry:

• 8 months later...

fucking awesome meal.

i am cutting at the moment & have been for 14 weeks and really felt like pizza... :pfft: as ya do..

i used the following ingredients

6 egg whites

1 chopped onion

1 & 1/2 chopped tomatoe

125g Fish

100g Lite Cottage Cheese

sprinkled oregano & rosemary

& 1 cup cooked green beans on the side.

post-7025-14166820676403_thumb.jpg

Yum Yum. Would highly recommend this dish..

i also made it for the other half except i put roast chicken breast on top of hers with a little BBQ sauce.... (can't wait till i am bulking) \:D/