Muscular pain - panadol?

rx7rotary

Guys, I know its normal to go through the pain in the beggining, for maybe 1-2 days after a hard workout, just wanted to check is it ok to be taking panadols for this sort of pain or should it just heal naturally...

Another one of my stupid newbie questions.

Cheer

m

Yeah totally normal, some people get pain on the 3rd day at its worst. It should get better by 4th day, nothing wrong with taking panadol if you are sore, may be try a muscle rub or anti-inflammatory like voltaren if really bad. You sound like a bit of a big baby, but we have all had days where we walk like John Wayne and hurts to sit/stand/breath so all good :grin:

Its not a good idea to take pain killers for this kind of pain, many a bodybuilder's down fall has been as a result of taking pain killers like advil(ibprofen), voltarin, high dose asprin not to mention the more "hard core", lots of potential problems down that road IMO

Its not a good idea to take pain killers for this kind of pain, many a bodybuilder's down fall has been as a result of taking pain killers like advil(ibprofen), voltarin, high dose asprin not to mention the more "hard core", lots of potential problems down that road IMO

Why no?

And how about injection pain IG?

Why no?

And how about injection pain IG?

Just gota man up I guess SM :wink: , liver and renal function is effected more by antiflam pills i.e. voltarin than it is by oral steroids for the most part. Tom Prince is a prime example.

And to the op if you start supplementing now with panadol it will lose effect within a couple of weeks then you'l need something else and so on and so on. Your body will adjust to the DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) quickly by itself and your recovery will speed up also, but if you are relying on pain killers your budy will not adjust naturally as fast as it might otherwise. Just my opinion but I wouldn't go there. If you pull a muscle or tendon thats a different story and using something for a few days will not do you any harm.

And SM if you "accedently" shoot 10cc of syntherol in to your bicep I guess a couple days of ibprofen would be ok :lol:

just thought I would put in my two cents on this topic. As far as pain killers etc being able to reduce DOMS there has been a few studies done on this (and sorry I aren't able to quote them right at this moment) but at best the evidence is very inconclusive as to painkillers actually being able to reduce pain.

On another note, I believe that pain is there for a reason and that it is telling your body something... i.e. that you shouldn't re training that body part whilst it is killing you as your body is trying to heal and grow, something that only time, rest and good nutrition can heal.

At the end of the day, you knew you were probably going to get sore when you started training os toughen up and push through it I say :) Good luck with the training

mate i love the muscle sore after a good workout. reminds me of why i am doing it. learn to love the pain. otherwise if you really don't like the ouchy, stretch afterwards, and the next morning. this always helps me.

Im with Frogie2001 on this one...and also the BCAAs as above!

If I dont get the doms, I feel ripped off!

That said if you have extreme doms in your legs to the point where sitting on the ground and standing up again hurts like shit and have to go working"physically not in an office" then it annoys me. But still screw painkillers no point using them just accept the pain.

Once again there seems to be a lot of misinformation floating around....

Paracetamol (Panadol) is metabolised by the liver. Large doses of paracetamol can cause liver problems, but we are talking at least 12 tablets a day. At the maximum daily dose (2 tabs four times a day) you will have no problems. Most people don't have anywhere near the maximum anyway. Paracetamol is one of the safest medicines that has ever existed.

Anti-inflammatories (Voltaren/Diclofenac, Ibuprofen/Nurofen) are metabolised and excreted by the kidneys, NOT the liver. These are generally safe when used occasionally, but may cause problems when used in large amounts, over extended periods. They may cause renal failure, particularly in older people and those who are dehydrated. They can also upset the stomach lining too when used for extended periods. Ibuprofen is LESS potent than Diclofenac, therefore less likely to cause these problems.

Anti-inflammatories should not be used by Asthmatics.

Occasional use of both these meds will not cause any problems.

Hope this helps!

I find panadol or nurophen dont do a thing for me (even the ones with codeine). Only thing that does have someeffect for pain is tramadol, and even then due to my weight I have to take a higher than normal dose. I try not to take painkillers unless I really need them but certainly wouldnt take them for post workout DOMS.