I love you body builders!

eatme

You guys rock!!! Ive been to a few shows and all I can say is....

The dedication that you all put into this is so amazing.

I am a very small person and have always wanted to tone up. However I find it difficult to keep on a stict regime.

Big ups to you all.

So I am on here...maybe I might just find some motivation from you all.

Kick start my skinny ass body into a more athletic shape.

Where do I start? Call me ignorant! No seriously if you literally call me ignorant the EATME! Hehe! :pfft:

I am a very small person and have always wanted to tone up. However I find it difficult to keep on a stict regime.

Big ups to you all.

So I am on here...maybe I might just find some motivation from you all.

Kick start my skinny ass body into a more athletic shape.

Where do I start? Call me ignorant! No seriously if you literally call me ignorant the EATME! Hehe! :pfft:

welcome

i would recommend taking some pics now so you can see how far you have come in a few months time

then get a good diet and start lifting heavy!! good luck on your journey.

A lot will depend on your goals.

For example: If you wish to add muscle/tone up, i'd start by:

1.Getting your measurements taken(bodyfat,girths, weight etc) and some before photos.

2. Goal Setting/Planning(failing to plan is planning to fail)e.g how much muscle can I put on or fat can I lose in a set 12-16 week period.

3.Having an experienced PT or BBuilder work out what you will need calorie wise to either add mass or cut up depending on your goal, and reviewing this regularly(very 4 weeks). Generally if your weights going up but your waist is not your moving in the right direction.

4. Having an experienced PT or BBuilder set up a training split for you, if youre new to training this might just be a whole body split 3 x per week with one exercise per bodypart and as you progress you could add a 2 day split(upper/lower) then a 3 day split (Back dominant, Chest dominant and Leg Dominant) and finally a 4-5 day split. Alot of this will depend on your age,genetics, nutrition,stress levels, rest and how you recover from each session which is all individual. Personally ive always got good results from a 4 day split 2on, 1off, 2on,2off.

5. Your budget: e.g How much do you want to put(financially) into your nutrition. Eating well isn't cheap, but there are ways to keep the cost down(trays of eggs, Canned Tuna, Milk Powder as a Meal Replacement, Mince, Brown Rice, Oats).

Great gains can be made in your first 6-12 months of training if your dedicated with all these factors.

Try finding a mentor whos done it before and good luck!

When it comes to the food in this sport thighs can get very expensive.Also I suggest trying to find supplements that are in your price range meaning not all the expensive try and find a very good mentor or a very good roll modle to look up.For example I look up to Moe,Mike Debenham and the Jo Stewart and any other past or prensent IFBB pro.

Thanks so much matrix for fantastic advice. Hey thanx so much guys!

I am a female and live over the North Shore of Auckland.

Like I said I am new to this whole thing.

I am very small and feel I have a long way to go. I am over 30 and have had 2 children, but consider myself to be very petite and very slim. I workout everyday with cardio, but have not lifted many weights.

I would like to take the cheaper option re diet as I am not rolling in cash.

I will do as you ask re finding someone to help me with PT sessions to get me started. Its nice to come on here too just to get some extra suppport. Its so cool to know there is a forum out there for us newbies!

any more advice regarding supplements ect would be very helpful.

Awww.. welcome eatme :grin:

Where are you from?

haha was just reading this post and thought poos thats not very polite! Then I relised, her ID name is eatme :grin: Welcome eatme hehe

Supplements well for starters I think a good multi vitamin, protein powder and possibly a fat burner. There are loads more things. As you a slim, may be flag a fat burner and just get a small tub of protein to help with muscle development and recovery. You don't have to spend a fortune.

How many days can you get to the gym?

Thanks so much matrix for fantastic advice. Hey thanx so much guys!

I am a female and live over the North Shore of Auckland.

Like I said I am new to this whole thing.

I am very small and feel I have a long way to go. I am over 30 and have had 2 children, but consider myself to be very petite and very slim. I workout everyday with cardio, but have not lifted many weights.

I would like to take the cheaper option re diet as I am not rolling in cash.

I will do as you ask re finding someone to help me with PT sessions to get me started. Its nice to come on here too just to get some extra suppport. Its so cool to know there is a forum out there for us newbies!

any more advice regarding supplements ect would be very helpful.

Supp eatme :D Are you a member of a gym?

Eatme I would suggest useing Balance 100% Whey proetin 750 g which is lot cheaper to buy compare to a 1kg of whey proetin.I would suggest having a proetin shake with breakfast and a proetin shake after training.Also a home made proetin shake hour before what you do is take one cup of skim milk put in blender with two table spoons of skim milk powder with 150 of fresh and fruity yougart blend for 20 seconds.Also eat every two or three hours and drink 5L of water which helps flush out all the toxins out of the system.

if you wanna do it cheap then just do a few searches and a lot of reading on the net and make up your own diet make sure to include lots of healthy veges and clean carbs and 2grams of protein per kg of bodyweight a day. dont get caught up on shakes and supplements etc try to get most of your protein from food and a protein shake after workout with an equal amount of dextrose (buy from supermarket in the sugar isle)

by sounds of it you dont need a fat burner so dont waste the money.

Hey! Thats awesome guys! So much advice in such a small amount of time.

I am afriad I do not belong to a gym. I juggle a full time job and 2 kids and I am a single mum with very little support. However I have a goal I have wanted to reach and I'm going to reach it!

I have got a great treadmill and a full set of weights. Although they don't go any heavier than 6 kg. I don't think I could lift anything higher at the mo anyway, :pfft:

So I will get myself on that protein powder asap. I already eat really well, nuts, eggs, meat, tuna, brown rice, lentals etc and heaps of vege!

So I think all I really need to do now is have the protein powder.

I have heard it can upset the stomach quite abit. Anyone have any advice to keep the bloating and lethargy out of the amount of milk and skim powder in these products. Too much dairy can be a little strong and zap the energy :wink:

imo i would suggest rather than getting a pt who wuld jus pis n ure ear and tel u wat u wana hear a couple times per week, invest that $$ in a tub of powder [PM bj_powerL on this forum for good/cheap deals] and suss out a good routine you can stick to, and do that for 12weeks

Big ups to you all.

i know,i know.... :pfft:

Yes lets be honest here...Modesty obviously plays a part of Mr Naturals personality.

I agree with biggirl lets keep the chatting up at the gym!

This is all about making my body look fab! Its all about me \:D/

Oh and all you hard case members offering me your advice.

x

Nice to here from some of you :)

Haha! I have no doubt. Men chat you up no matter where you go!

Something I'm used to.

Hey nice to meet some ladies.

Anything you can help me with re a rev up is more than appreciated.

Its always good to gain strenght and motivation from others who have been there done that :)

As for the boys...I am prepared :wink:

I'm feeling so hungry at the mo. It must be the cardio. I havn't got any protein yet and I realise I was probably meant to go straight for the egg whites...however I went straight into the carbs! :naughty: I feel terrible.

Tomorrow I hope that the protein helps