• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday goes a little something like this:-

7am - 50min CV @ gym

8am - B/fast - Porridge sachet made w water & 1 scoop protein powder

10.30am - P shake

11.30am - 25mins Exercycle

1.20pm - 1 vogels sandwich (chicken, lettuce, tomato, egg)

3.45pm - 20mins Exercycle

4.30pm - P shake blended w banana

8pm - 120g fish & salad (lettuce,radish,carrot,cucumber,red capsicum)

10pm - P shake w banana

11pm - Bed, however Thursday didn't officially end until 2.30am.

I was in high spirits for most of the day (except for when I had to go to Pak n Save and the f***wits there that stand in aisles and don't move out of your way and when they don't stock your frozen broccolli... GRRRRR... :evil: )But aside from that I was very "chirpy". LOL 8) I manged to spend $160 in Health 2000 in one go... :shock:

This was quite different from Wednesday when I was very "snappy" and I lost my patience with a few people that day... I slept in on Wednesday and didn't do my morning cv and I was feeling VERY VERY guilty... I was just really tired that morning (I attribute it to the fact that I did not consume a protein shake before bed on Tuesday...)

The thought of what I can eat soon keeps me going but I find that I am not craving any particular foods and I don't want to eat anything else apart from what I am eating now. We have started up a junk box. LOL :grin: Atm it contains 1 bag of mini Flakes and one bag of mini pinky

bars (hey they were $2.79 a bag @ Countdown - a bargain!), 1 King Size bar of Cadbury's Breakaway, and 1 big bag of M&Ms (I LOVE M&Ms)...

I have decided not to talk to "normal" people (LOL! because we bodybuilders ARE elitists... :pfft: ) about my training. They simply do not understand the energy and time put into attaining this goal. "Just as long as you don't get anorexic" :evil: Goddammit I eat! It is only for 9 more weeks... 9 MORE WEEKS. I've got at least 50 years left of my life, 9 weeks is not going to kill me! This whole pre-contest this is a piece of piss (if Ican put it that way) and I am really enjoying it!

$160 in one go! what did you end up with? ( I think the most I have spent in one hit would be about $300 though painful on the wallet though the guyin the shop was happy)

A junk food box, interesting idea. Dont eat it all at one after though it might get quite big over the next 9 weeks

Friday...

7am - 50min CV

8am - Porridge and P Powder

1pm - Fish (hoki), 1 baked potato, 1 boiled eggwhite

2.30pm - Chest, abs and cardio

5pm - Protein Shake

7.30pm - Chicken and broccolli

10.15pm - 1 Yoplait "Delite" Yoghurt

Getting up after 4 hours sleep and doing cardio was a breeze but I ended up going back to bed at 9am and getting up at 12.15pm (much needed sleep!). Starting to get fed up with everything...

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday...

8am - The usual porridge & protein powder

10.45am - Banana

1.30pm - 1 can tuna & salad

4pm - Banana mashed with protein powder

7.30pm - Chicken & broccolli

9.30pm - 45mins bike

10.30pm - Protein Shake

11pm - Bed

WHEW!!! What a day... If I had have had a gun I would have used it on myself! I was so tired Saturday morning and I had a truckload of paperwork to do at work! :evil: Everyone was bothering me for something and I was really snappy. The minutest problem intensifies when you are in a horrible mood!

The day didn't get better... I ended up falling asleep at my desk at work for about 5 minutes and then I decided I had better take my lunch break. After lunch I felt slightly better and tried to be nicer to people. :nod:

When I got home from work my flatmate had a visitor so I went straight to bed for a little while. I arose and proceeded to have an argument with the flatmate over something petty(she's precontest too and can be such a bitch at the best of times so you can imagine what she'd be like precontest), which resulted in me heading back to bed and sobbing my heart out for 20mins. I was feeling so tired, craving lots of food and I had had enough! I just wanted to pack it all in! :shock: But I stopped feeling sorry for myself, gave myself a stern talking to and got on with it.

I patched things up with the flatmate and the night went well. Once my head hit that pillow last nite I was out to it...

That was Saturday in a nutshell. A bad day in the scheme of things but I have had worse days and I haven't even been precontest!

Wow. That's a pretty low-carb diet - do you think it might have caused the bad mood?

Reason I ask is, often you have to keep reducing the carbs gradually or your body gets to a certain point, then plateaus. I just don't see a lot of room for manoeuvering with this diet... how did you find it?

Sunday <------ I LOVE Sundays

6.50am - 45 min bike

8am - Porridge with protein powder

10.50am - Banana

1.10pm - 1 can tuna and 1 cup cooked brown rice

4.15pm - Yoplait "Delite" Yoghurt

5.55pm - 1/2 Banana

6.15pm - 50 mins cardio and abs

8pm - Salmon and salad

1.30am - Yoplait "Delite" Yoghurt

I was feeling fantastic when I woke up and did my cardio but by 10.30am I was tired again at work. Perked up after lunch.

Sunday evening is weigh-in at Club Physical Te Atatu. I love Sundays... :grin: (Thus far)... The scales showed a 1kg loss. YAY! :grin: Was deleriously happy thereafter! Certainly makes the training and diet worthwhile!

Starting to worry about getting some posing lessons...

Sorry guys! Monday and Tuesday were a bit of a blur... Was feeling tired and low but I was okay in the end...

Created a new philosophy for myself - Upon smelling fish and chips "Mmmmm... Yum...Oh but I can't have it... Of course you can have it, but you don't want it, so why bother having it!â€

Wednesday was a great day...

10am - Porridge and Protein Powder

11.30am - 50min outdoor walk

1.20pm - 1 vogels sandwich

4.20pm - 1 protein shake

5.50pm - 50mins cardio and abs

7.30pm - Chicken stirfry

9.30pm - 30mins bike

10.30pm - Mashed banana and chocolate protein powder

I missed my morning cardio in favour of a sleep-in till 10am! YAY! :grin: I obviously needed to catch up on some sleep and I was very happy to do so... Feeling much better...

SIGH! I had to do grocery shopping... It was a terrible time walking up and down aisles trying hard not to be tempted by the many goodies on offer... At the checkout my trolley contained salmon, fish, salad, stirfry mix, tuna, frozen broccolli, porridge, milk etc. The checkout girl asked me if I was having a party!!! LOL... I said no, but wanted to scream "This is the life of a pre-contest bodybuilder!" But I walked away from the supermarket feeling happy and very healthy with my choices (even bought some Weight Watchers Jelly as a treat :P )

So another day goes by and another step closer to reaching my goal... :D

At the checkout my trolley contained salmon, fish, salad, stirfry mix, tuna, frozen broccolli, porridge, milk etc. The checkout girl asked me if I was having a party!!! LOL... I said no, but wanted to scream "This is the life of a pre-contest bodybuilder!"

LOL :pfft:

Thursday

6.50am - 50mins Cardio @ gym

12 noon - 3 egg whites + 1 yolk scrambled, 2 slices vogels toasted

2.15pm - Protein Shake

2.30pm - Shoulders & Cardio

5pm - Yoplait "Delite" Yoghurt

7.20pm - Fish & Salad

9.45pm - Mashed banana & chocolate protein powder

10pm - Bed

My energy levels remained constant throughout the day and I did not feel tired/grumpy at all (makes a change! LOL :P )

However, last night I was very nervous and anxious about my body... I am looking forward to the competition itself, very excited indeed... But... Hmmmm... I have this nagging voice at the back of my head telling me that I'm not going to be ready, I will still look fat etc etc etc... Very anxious... But hey, what can I do? I am training really hard and giving 110% consistently so I have nothing to worry about yet... Still 8 weeks to go and I'm certainly not going to pull out all my stops yet! 8)

Thank God It's Friday - Nope because I have to work all weekend!

6.50am- 50mins CV @ gym

11am - Protein shake

2pm - Fish & baked potato

3.10pm - Cardio & abs

5pm - Yoplait "delite" yoghurt

7.15pm - Chicken & broccolli

9.45pm - Mashed banana & protein powder

10.10pm - Bed

Earlier on in the day I was feeling really good and really positive about competing - "yes I will be ready!". Come dinner time and the mind starts to play tricks on you... "You're so fat, you'll never be ready... Huh! 8 weeks is not long enough... Go Harder, HARDER!" I feel REALLY guilty about every little piece of food in my mouth... Just my "mental illness" (as me and my flatmate call the pre-contest period)... :pfft:

As you may note I commit myself to doing a lot of cardio. I used to HATE :evil: cardio but I actually love it to bits now. I love getting up in the morning and doing my cardio because it leaves you energized for the day. There is no excuse really, if you have truckloads of fat to lose, the only way to lose it is by doing extra cardio to burn it off. So if I have to sacrifice a sleep-in, so what, if I have to sacrifice a Saturday night out, so what! I want this more than anything in my life and I'm going to do as much as I can (not some 1/2 hearted attempt) to get to my goal. In reality this pre-contest journey is NOT DIFFICULT and is really pisses me off when people say "oh I'm fat but it's too much hard work..." - BOLLOCKS! Grow some balls, harden up and get on your bike mate! :D

Saturday

6.40am - 45mins bike

7.40am - Porridge with protein powder

10.40am - Mashed banana with protein powder

1.10pm - Tuna & Salad

4.00pm - Yoplait "Delite" Yoghurt

6.40pm - Chicken Stirfry

8.30pm - 50 mins bike

9.30pm - Protein Shake

9.55pm - Bed

Oh what a boring day I had at work today! Although I was not low on energy, the boredom contributed to my tiredness. I couldn't wait till I got out of that goddamn office! Lunchtime was quite interesting though... My colleagues walked into the lunroom with various takeaways - burgers, chips, fish, butter chicken... The smell was heaven! But I was quite content to munch away on my tuna and salad. :grin:

The flatmate and I were talking about what foods we missed the most... Probably not such a good idea as it leads to craving the foods even more... We determined that we miss our breads the most. I miss custard twists, muffins, cheese rolls and cakes (not that I ate cake to begin with!). Strangely enough I am not missing chocolate or lollies at all!

I have been getting some "early" nights. I try to be in bed by 10pm, which has worked out quite well thus far. It certainly makes it a lot easier to get up in the mornings if you feel genuinely refreshed.

Overall the past few days have been a breeze...

Sunday

6.50am - 45 mins bike

8.30am - Porridge with protein powder

11am - 2 slices vogels toasted

1.30pm - 1 can tuna with 1 cup cooked brown rice

5pm - Banana

6pm - 50 mins cardio at gym

8pm - Chicken, 1/2 potato, brocolli

9pm - Posing lessons

11.30pm - 3/4 bowl porridge & protein shake

Quite a high-carb day but I have certainly earnt it! My weight had dropped another 1 kg, so I was very happy with that! (Very happy indeed)

Posing takes a vast amount of concentration and "fluffing about" to get your body in the correct positions. Hard work but it was a lot of fun! Besides I had the master (rather mistress) of posing teaching me - she's not Ms NZ for nothing!

Monday

6.50am - Cardio @ gym

8am - Breakfast

11am - Protein Shake

2pm - Fish & salad

4.30pm - 2 serves Weight Watchers Jelly - Pineapple flavour

5.30 - 20 mins crosstrainer

6pm - PUMP class

7.30pm - Chicken & Brocolli. 2 serves Weight Watchers jelly

9.45pm - Mashed Banana & protein powder

10.30pm - Bed

Monday was such a depressing day... :( It was FREEZING in the morning when I did my cardio... Even worse when I got home - solved that problem by lighting a fire and warming the whole house. LOL

I was looking forward to my Body Comp test, was expecting my BF to be a lot lower than what it was back in Feb. But alas it wasn't, but Ms NZ said not to worry because the machine probably isn't calibrated (whatever that means). So I was a wee bit depressed about that...

So very tired and sad Monday night... :(

Been a bit slack lately posting my journal... Must be a reflection of how I am feeling at the moment...

Wednesday

9am - Porridge with protein powder

11.30am - Banana

12pm - 50 mins cardio @ gym

1.30pm - Vogels sandwich

3.30pm - *NEW* Protein Shake (Strawberry flavour)

6pm - Cardio and abs

7.45pm - Chicken and brocolli

9.45pm - 1 serve apple crisps & 1 Carbrite Bar (Cookie Dough)

10pm - Bed

Been feeling really low of late. Not so much tired, but a bit down and out- wanting to cry at the slightest thing (e.g. my flatmate took the last banana and promised to buy more, but she didn't...) Oh well... I guess I keep trucking on...

I'm trying to have a few (I mean as little as possible) extra carbs for the next couple of weeks before I get down to the intense training.These extra carbs are coming from a 'Dr. Carbrite' Bar or a serve of apple crisps (I got these from Pak n Save - 2 bags for $2, 5 serves per 100g bag). A serve has like 40cals and 3.9 carbs total. They also appease my sweet tooth.

I feel as if I've been very sloppy with my diet and I am trying VERY hard to focus on eating better and at more regular intervals. It has got to the stage where I feel guilty about eating my food, this guilty feeling is not healthy for me mentally. I have just got to find distractions elsewhere and not be so preoccupied with food... :roll: