back to basics

jono

Hey jono, is your chest your most lagging bodypart? compared to your other lifts its quite low.

I hate barbell rows, never been able to them them with any form so i always look for alternatives.

Good work mate.

nah my chest is one of my best bodyparts i think. all my lifts are pretty low :grin: :grin:

i loved bb rows last year i did them for a couple months they were great, but this year lol duno i goto get used to them again i guess

I found that building up the arms helps a lot on compound lifts. Sounds kinda obvious but as i concentrated on tris my bench went up a LOT. I used to bench 100 and CG 85ish, which is 85% of my bench. Ive recently been doing some flye work to try to specifically target the chest and its working, i think :pfft:

friday

DELTS

seated db press

12*8

17*8

22*7

25*4

db laterals

10*5

10*4

10*4

laterals machine

35*6

37.5*4

37.5*4

rear delts machine

28*8

35*6

35*6

35*6

seated bent over laterals

6*6

6*6

6*6

TRIS

cg bench

40*8

50*6

60*4

60*4

skullcrushers

18*8

23*6

28*3

28*3

pushdowns

45*7

50*6

55*5

55*4

best workout of the week.

Nice work jono, looks like you do your workout first thing in the morning too. Have you tried other times of the day? What worked best for you?

yeah i like to train in the morning. when im the most fresh. i have tried in the evening.. but the gyms packed and it sucks. i like to train at like 10-11 or from 2-3 .. when the gym is the most empty... better focus

tuesday

CHEST

incline db press

15*8

22*6

25*4

32*3

30*4

weighted dips

bw+25kg*4

bw+25kg*4

bw+25kg*4

flat db press

28*4

28*4

28*4

BIS

bb curls

20*8

25*6

30*4

30*4

db curls

15*4

15*4

15*4

shoulders felt better today on dips. it was so hot in the gym holding those heavy dbs was like trying to hold a bar of soap.

Hey man just looking at your quad workout.

Are you going right down with the Hack squats? Just looks like your hack & normal squat are way out of sync.

I've always been told that your hacks & squats should be fairly even weight-wise.

:grin: yeah i do all the way down. rock bottom. ive had many people ask me in the gym wtf that seems heavy :grin: but yeah ive always liked hacksquats.

I think youll find he does. Jono is a master of strict form reps :nod: . Also I expect that most people 'hack squat' more weight than regular squats

i use full ROM for all exercises. i squat ass to grass etc. everything is about rom and form. one of the main reasons i feel i can really push myself on hacksquats is that if i fail. i dont die :grin: (compared to squats)