NZFBB Auckland Champs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, 10.30am (pre-judging) and 5pm (finals) are on the poster, so they will be the definite start times. Therefore the pre-judging start time is only 30 minutes later than usual .. and quite often this session is late starting anyway so it won't make much of a difference.

I can't speak for the reasons why Mark has set these times, but for the past 2-3 events I've organised I have gone for 11am and 5pm start times. The main reason for this (as opposed to the traditional 10am and 6pm starts) is to give everyone (esp competitors and event staff) more time to prepare/set up before and clean up after the event. It also shortens the gap between the two sessions which usually is much longer than necessary.

Last year's Auckland champs had nearly 70 competitors, so trying to finish the Sat registration for a 10am start was a bit rushed. Plus the 5pm finals start means this session will finish an hour earlier which gives everyone more time to clean up and then start partying sooner! :nod:

this session will finish an hour earlier which gives everyone more time to clean up and then start partying sooner! :nod:

...or eat sooner :wink:

fairenough; so if you go to the registration fri nite, then you dont have to turn up to till 10 rite for the briefing?

..so if you go to the registration fri nite, then you dont have to turn up to till 10 rite for the briefing?

That's correct, Small! I hope your prep is going well ... I looking forward to seeing you compete plus also seeing another large turnout at this event!

I'm not sure what Mark will have me doing this year, Small. Being the stage marshal at the Auckland and Sonny Schmidt shows last year was a blast - it's a great way to meet all the competitors!

I helped Jim Benson look after the music at the Pro-Elite show, so I might be "DJ" at the Auckland show if Jim is busy. It's good doing different roles at an event, especially as an Event Organiser myself - it helps me appreciate and understand the jobs people do at the events I'm organising!

I've also done door work, ticketing and tanning - all I need to complete the "set" is being MC and scrutineering .. oh, and becoming a judge! :?

Master, how many competitors est do you of of at the moment?

It's always difficult to estimate, Hennie - especially as I don't live in Auckland where most of the competitors will come from. Also, events at this time of the year (i.e. 3-4 months out from Nationals) are harder to predict than those in September/October.

There were 67 competitors at last year's show, so hopefully there will a similar number this time.

are you doing the show MT

If you mean, am I helping out then - yes, most likely. As for competing - I'm definitely having this year off (injuries, organising events etc) and probably next year also. If the body comes right I'll probably return to the stage in 2010 in the Masters Over 50 category! :?

How about you, mate - will we see you on stage in 3 weeks time?

2010 what about next year, over 50? Surely not. I enjoyed your routine last year with the wiggling pecs, I would love to do that but would probably look odd with a chick doing it haha

Thanks, biggurl27 - I like your term 'wiggling' ... my soon-to-be 3 year old daughter LOVES The Wiggles, so I'll tell her I'm auditioning to be the 5th Wiggle! :pfft:

Yep - I hit the big '50' in 2 years time, but I'm nothing as a bodybuilder compared to another two local bodybuilders who also turn 50 in 2010 ... Phil Kuklinski and Jo Stewart! Those two would put most bodybuilders half their age to shame!

Hmm .. perhaps I should change my psuedonym from MasterTel to GreenWiggle?! :wink:

My daughter is 2 also, I refuse to put the wiggles on, I'm a bad mother ahhaha Just jokes...She likes Thomas and Bob the builder, tom boy like her mum hehe

Yeah they look fabulous, can't believe it really, hope I look that good when I'm in my late forties :grin:

I was plaining on coming up from Dunedin to attend the NZFBB Auckland champs but I missed out a grap a seat for that weekend. I had great time at the show last year plus I got to meet Jo Stewart which I thought was very cool. To meet such a legend in this sport.

I'm thinking about coming up to auckland to watch but i'm pretty certain i won't be onstage.

However if i decide to do the nationals it will be in the classic and i have not yet qualified in that class.

Awesome, mate - I look forward to hopefully seeing you in 3 weeks time! And I expect to see you once again compete in the Classic Mens class at the North Island Champs in Masterton! :nod:

Speaking of the Classic Men's class, we had lineups of at least 5 competitors in each of the North Island, South Island, Nationals and Taranaki comps last year, but none in either of the two Auckland regionals. Does anyone on this site intend doing this class in 3 weeks time, or know of someone that is? It would be great to see a decent lineup in the Classic Mens class in 3 weeks time!

• 3 weeks later...