How long would it take to get RIPPED??

groovy

IMO don't listen or copy anyone elses diet because chances are you either don't like the foods, or at present you will find it difficult to get it all down and keep it all down.

Instead find bodybuilders profiles, a good start would be to check out bodybuilding.com for BB profiles. Look at a whole range of different diets and select which meals you'd enjoy eating and half the quantity of each meal until your body gets used to the intake of food, your stomach stretches and you go into a habbit of eating consistantly.

Far too many people try to copy an already well established bodybuilders dieting routine and give up once they can't get 20 eggs down in one sitting :lol:

So eat clean, eat consistantly and lift heavy as possible with good form and you'll be on your way to a 6 pack in no time.

IMO don't listen or copy anyone elses diet because chances are you either don't like the foods, or at present you will find it difficult to get it all down and keep it all down.

Instead find bodybuilders profiles, a good start would be to check out bodybuilding.com for BB profiles. Look at a whole range of different diets and select which meals you'd enjoy eating and half the quantity of each meal until your body gets used to the intake of food, your stomach stretches and you go into a habbit of eating consistantly.

Far too many people try to copy an already well established bodybuilders dieting routine and give up once they can't get 20 eggs down in one sitting :lol:

So eat clean, eat consistantly and lift heavy as possible with good form and you'll be on your way to a 6 pack in no time.

Thanks Rotangs. Thats a good point. Ill have a look around on that website. Well it seems a little strange to me but i understand now, that i just have to pig in clean, life heavy stuff to get ripped :) Thanks everyone.

Dont' mean to rain on your perade mate but, your metabolism is not effected by the frequency of meals per day contrary to popular belief :shock: (I know shock and horror) activity is what speeds up metabolism. There are a few studies that i'll try and dig up, one from the 1930's where a large group of men were close to starvation for 6 months and the average drop in met was 30% but this was to do with not eating at all rather than frequency. Another study that showed no difference in met rate between two meals and six meals a day.

:ditto:

Sorry, its a long read.. but its interesting :nod:

THE EFFECT OF MEAL FREQUENCY ON BODY COMPOSITION DURING 12-WEEKS OF STRENGTH TRAINING

Hansen Øyvind1, Fostervold Mathisen Therese2, Raastad

Truls 2

(Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo1, Norwegian School of Sport Sciences2, Norway)

Human trials on the effect of meal frequency on body composition are scarce. Short-term studies show increased rate of protein synthesis immediately after intake of amino acids [1], and frequent meals are shown to aid in the preservation of lean body mass when dieting [2]. Consequently it could be hypothesised that in response to strength training, more frequent meals will give larger muscle mass accumulation and lower fat mass (FM) than fewer meals.

The purpose of this study was to compare the effects of 3 vs. 6 meals per day on changes in body composition in young men and women performing strength training over 12 weeks. Men (n=33) and women (n=15) aged 21 to 35 with at least one year of previous strength training experience were randomly assigned to either a 6 meals a day group or a 3 meals a day group.

The prescribed total dietary intake in both groups was equal and calculated to give a positive energy balance of approximately 1200 KJ/day, a protein intake of 1.5-1.7 g/kg/day and a carbohydrate intake of 5-7 g/kg/day. During the training period the dietary intake was controlled by repeated 24-hours recalls. All participants performed the same strength training program, training four times per week, giving each muscle group one heavy session and one light session per week. In the heavy sessions, training intensity varied between 10 and 3 RM sets, and 3-6 sets were performed in each exercise.

Determination of body composition was performed with DEXA at the beginning of and immediately after the training period. A total of 16 men and 11 women completed the project. After multiple regression analysis the 3 meal group had a significant greater gain in lean body mass (LBM) than the 6 meal group when adjusted for gender and energy intake (p=0.04), when adjusted for gender and protein intake (p=0.03), and when adjusted for gender, protein intake, carbohydrate intake and fat intake* (p=0.01). (*: Fat intake in g/kg body weight/day showed significance on LBM, p=0.03).

No significant differences in regional changes in LBM were observed, although there was a tendency towards a greater gain in the three meal group. There were no significant differences in change in fat mass (FM) between the groups, but a tendency towards a greater gain in the three meal group, 7.33% (-5.23, 19.90), p=0.24. The three meal group had a 2.87%(0.62, 5.12) larger weight gain than the six meal group, p=0.01.The participants had a 2.31% (0.83, 3.79), gain in bone mineral density of the spine during the twelve weeks of strength training, p<0.01, but there were no differences between the groups.

In this study, three meals per day resulted in larger muscle gain from strength training than six meals per day over a period of twelve weeks. The reason why 3 meals a day was superior to 6 meals a day in this study needs further investigation. More long-term studies are needed to determine the optimal meal frequency for gain in LBM from strength training.

My 2cents.. lol.

But I'd agree with IronGame in that there's NO imperative for the 6 meals a day stuff. It's not as if meals are digested in 2 hours 59 mins, and hence 5 hours between meals leads to OMGZ muscle breakdown. There are some benefits to meal frequency, but not for metabolic reasons... I think it's more an issue of satiation than anything.

Meals (mixed meals: include some fat, some fiber) take several hours to digest. So set things up in whatever way will make it easiest for you to succeed: i.e. best fit your daily life, and ensure you're as comfortable as possible. So, if 6 tiny meals a day leaves you starving and always thinking of food? Then try 3 larger meals, etc.

At that rate most likely a long time to see a 6 pack...There is no set time to develop a muscle or cut fat. Your diet is horrible for starters, cut the drinking all together and prepare meals to take to work.

yeah your diet is really bad.

man that drunken uncle swinging the kid around ad on tv is hardcase

There are a few studies that i'll try and dig up, one from the 1930's where a large group of men were close to starvation for 6 months and the average drop in met was 30% but this was to do with not eating at all rather than frequency. Another study that showed no difference in met rate between two meals and six meals a day.

they starved a large group of men for 6 months.... ur thinking of concentration camps right ? i dont think that was really a test for metabolism :naughty:

What better time to perform this kind of study? It would be moraly and ethicaly unexeptable to undertake such a study these days so it is a very valuable experiment that (hopefully) will never be repeted.

• 4 months later...
It's not so hard to get in your six meals. If your tryin to lose weight while toning up try:

M1 oats & egg whites

M2 3-4 hard boiled egg whites

M3 rice, tuna/chicken, veg

M4 handful (approx 20) almonds

M5 same as meal 3, minus the rice

M6 protein shake

You can mess around with what and when - depending on when you work out. It takes some getting used to, BUT IT WORKS!!! :)

Since M6 (meal 6) is your pre bedtime meal.

M6: Whey protein shake (for quick releasing protein) + I'd add 3 tbsp (about 60g) of lite cottage cheese (casein protein --> Slow releasing) to keep you anabolic while u sleep :)