How long would it take to get RIPPED??

groovy

Hi all,

Just wondering generally how long would it take to get the six pack or get really toned.

As i do understand, its depends on a lot of things like DIET, excercise, protein in take and so on. Below is what i have been doing recently to acheive my goal and the link below is from my previous post which has my workouts and your very helpful suggestions to get reach my goal quicker.

http://www.nzbodybuilding.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3212

Summarising it below.

My description

Weight = 76kgs, Height = 175cm, Age = 27

Body fat 5 weeks ago = about 16%. Worked it out approximately using the body building website.

Body fat now = didnt measure it.

My Diet

Mornings

workout, have a protein shake, and have oatmeal for breakfast, and egg.

Afternoon

Rice with veges

Evening

Rice with veges and chicken sometimes and egg.

Gym workouts

4 times a week

Monday, Tuesday

Wednesday break.

Thurs and friday.

Dont eat junk food and been trying to keep healthy. Ofcourse theirs occasionly beer drinking when out in the weekends.

It has been about 5weeks since i have really started going hard out at the above regime. I noticed i have lost some belly fat and toned up a little and put on some muscle.

So i would just like to know approximately how long would it take to start seeing six pack? Thanks heaps.

eating like that its going to take awhile your not eating enough or often enough to kick yr metabolism into overdrive

Not eating enough? Due to my work its really hard for me to eat 6 times a day. So i eat only twice a day, but i try and eat a lot.

Also when you eat a lot, what about the carbs/calories you put on everytime? Well i dont starve myself for sure. I eat something when ever i feel hungry though!!

eating like that its going to take awhile your not eating enough or often enough to kick yr metabolism into overdrive

Not eating enough? Due to my work its really hard for me to eat 6 times a day. So i eat only twice a day, but i try and eat a lot.

Also when you eat a lot, what about the carbs/calories you put on everytime? Well i dont starve myself for sure. I eat something when ever i feel hungry though!!

eating 6 times a day speeds up matabalisim so body uses all the carbs/calories

eating twice a day makes the body think its not getting regular food so wen you do have yr two big meals the body thinks it needs to put it onto fat stores cause its not to sure wen its getting its next feed

Groovy, what do you do for a job? You have at least 3 breaks dont you? Theres 3 meals out of six banged out straight away.

We do telecommuncations testing at a lab. So im a little busy but not too busy i guess. I do have about 3 breaks including lunch. Good point.

I have been looking for Nutrition posts and people eat a lot of food, (healthy ofcourse) but a lot of food.

Cant beleive you can eat so much and not put on weight.

This is what SAMWELLY...takes for lunch everyday apparently according to the post

I take the same thing every day to work.

800 grams (to 1kg) chicken breast - Plain. (My day is a nightmare without this!)

300 grams brown rice - in th pouches.

3 apples - need some sugers to keep me sane.

Large bowl of Porridge with Almonds

6 Scrambled eggs

2 brown rolls

Salad - Cabbage mainly

Black Coffee

Protein shake - 40grams with glutamine.

10 Flaxseed tablets

8 Kre Alkaline pills

4 NOS tablets.

Its AMAZING how can a person eat so much during work and not feel tired or sleepy.

hes not 75kg though hes over 100kg from wat i remember and a fat bastard at that \:D/ just kidding sammy

its fk all food you have to eat really its just broken into alot of meals,

try half kg rice a day split in 6

a kilo of meat steak or chicken/ or 12 cans of tuna

and chuck in some vegs and yr there

all you have to do then is train hard and do a bit of cardio

Groovy, what do you do for a job? You have at least 3 breaks dont you? Theres 3 meals out of six banged out straight away.

i agree plus beaky plus dinner plus a meal as soon as you finish work and theres yr 6meals

So let me get this straight if i do the below...Eating 6 times a day is good?

Eating the rice, veges, eggs and chicken with protein shakes after workouts...and training hard.

So approximately what are the proportions you eat? Does it matter if you eat a lot as long as it is healthy? Sorry its nutrion question right now.....

Thanks for tips..

lke i said above split 500grms brown into six

split a kg of meat into six and go hard on green vegs

and you have yr portions

Wow, 500gms of meat a day. I dont think i can eat that much food everyday. and my friends call me a PIG :) for the amount of food i eat now.

well i just have to start building up my apetite if i want to get better. Thanks a lot!!!!

lke i said above split 500grms brown into six

split a kg of meat into six and go hard on green vegs

and you have yr portions

Wow, 500gms of meat a day. I dont think i can eat that much food everyday. and my friends call me a PIG :) for the amount of food i eat now.

well i just have to start building up my apetite if i want to get better. Thanks a lot!!!!

get some glasses well yr at it cause my above post says a kg of meat, and wen its split into 6meals its fk all or do two cans of tuna each feed

Good advice Ngapuhi :)

And Groovy, I EAT MORE THAN YOU!!! lol I'm 55kg, 160cm tall, 13.8% BF :wink:

hahahahaha grovy you get out eatin by a women

are you going to stand there and take that and make excuses or get off your ass and eat right??

Hehehe...I used to eat a lot of food before. well lot of junk. I used to eat like 5 x Mc chicken burgers for lunch last year.

I just cut down all the junk because I wanted to get toned and ripped. Just so that i can say once in my life, i was actually really fit :)

It's not so hard to get in your six meals. If your tryin to lose weight while toning up try:

M1 oats & egg whites

M2 3-4 hard boiled egg whites

M3 rice, tuna/chicken, veg

M4 handful (approx 20) almonds

M5 same as meal 3, minus the rice

M6 protein shake

You can mess around with what and when - depending on when you work out. It takes some getting used to, BUT IT WORKS!!! :)

It's not so hard to get in your six meals. If your tryin to lose weight while toning up try:

M1 oats & egg whites

M2 3-4 hard boiled egg whites

M3 rice, tuna/chicken, veg

M4 handful (approx 20) almonds

M5 same as meal 3, minus the rice

M6 protein shake

You can mess around with what and when - depending on when you work out. It takes some getting used to, BUT IT WORKS!!! :)

Thanks a lot flamer. I dont want to loose more weight. I think with 175cm height and being 75kg is ok (dont mind more muscle mass though :) ) But that six meals sounds good. Will surely try and keep that going.

eating 6 times a day speeds up matabalisim so body uses all the carbs/calories

eating twice a day makes the body think its not getting regular food so wen you do have yr two big meals the body thinks it needs to put it onto fat stores cause its not to sure wen its getting its next feed

Dont' mean to rain on your perade mate but, your metabolism is not effected by the frequency of meals per day contrary to popular belief :shock: (I know shock and horror) activity is what speeds up metabolism. There are a few studies that i'll try and dig up, one from the 1930's where a large group of men were close to starvation for 6 months and the average drop in met was 30% but this was to do with not eating at all rather than frequency. Another study that showed no difference in met rate between two meals and six meals a day.

There are a few studies that i'll try and dig up, one from the 1930's where a large group of men were close to starvation for 6 months and the average drop in met was 30% but this was to do with not eating at all rather than frequency. Another study that showed no difference in met rate between two meals and six meals a day.

they starved a large group of men for 6 months.... ur thinking of concentration camps right ? i dont think that was really a test for metabolism :naughty:

agree drop the meals to 6 a day. Drop the carbs after lunch. lots of fruit and fibrous vegetables so you don't form a poo plug. at least one cardio session every day for about 40 minutes. Switch the weights so you are lifting a higher rep 12-15 (might need to go a bit lighter). Lots of walking, and a thermogenic containing yohimbe, caffeine, green tea etc. 6 weeks and you should be seeing striations all over if you are already under 10%bf