Bioplex whey

jerume

i've tryed alot of different powders in my short time of bodybuilding,and this particluar product would have too be by far the best!in cost,taste,& mixability

this product is bioplexs 100% whey protein,unfortunatly i only know of one company in nz that has it,and they have 3 stores in auckland,heres the facts on the product:

Nutrition Facts

1 Scoop (26g) Provides:

Calories 100

Calories from Fat 10

Total Fat 1g

Saturated Fat .5g

Cholesterol 20mg

Total Carbohydrates 2g

Sugars 1g

Protein 20g

Calcium 105mg

Sodium 45mg

Potassium 161mg

Ingredients

Vanilla flavor: Bio-Active Whey Blend TM ñ (Low temperature ultrafiltered whey protein, Microfiltered whey protein isolate, and Short-chained hydrolyzed whey proteinócomprising Beta-lactoglobulin 16,350 MW/49%, Alpha lactalbumin 14,174 MW/19%, Glycomacropeptides 7,280 MW/18%, Bovine serum albumin (BSA) 66,627 MW/4%, Immunoglobulins 150,000 MW/10%, Protease peptone<1%, Lactoferrin<1%, Lactoperoxidase<1%), Natural & artificial flavors, Sucralose, a nonnutritive sweetener, Stevia. (The Chocolate flavor has cocoa powder added for flavor; the Very Berry flavor has natural red beet powder added for coloring; and the Natural flavor has no flavors or sweeteners added).

This delicious formula contains undenatured whey protein concentrate providing maximum nutrient utilization without the digestive system upsets caused by lower quality proteins.

Research and testing has shown that the superior levels of Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) in BioPlex 100% Whey Protein accelerate muscle development and provide for increased fitness when used with a properly designed workout program. For a delicious and satisfying shake or smoothie just mix one or two scoops of BioPlex 100% Whey Protein in water, milk or other beverage.

BioPlex 100% Whey Protein is fully instantized, mixing easily with a spoon without the need for a messy blender or cleanup.

i've been using this for around 1 month and just love it!!!i have between 3-4 shakes a day,and in milk or water in mixes instantly,tastes like the actual flavour they say it is :pfft: and it's the best prices protein i have found

cost:$75.00 4 85 servings(around about)

$130 4 175 servings,so it works out better too buy in bulk(10lbs)

it works out around $0.75 a servings,pretty good

:pfft: Nice write up? - it sounds like the guy sells it but was after a bit of free advertising. It doesn't sound too bad but seems a bit low in protein per serve since it has the added isolate and hydrolyzed whey which should easily push this product up into the 80's - however it's around 77g/100g. Not a bad price though.

But then what are you getting? Looking at the Bioplex website and at the creatine, Bioplex don't state where the creatine is from - yet if it ain't from Pfanstiehl, or from Creapure it ain't worth using - all it says about it is that it is 99.5% pure - so the other 0.05% - or 1.25 grams per day if you're on a loading phase, could be cyanide or all manner of evils. Hmmm, if the creatine's cheap no doubt something else is going to be awry.

:lol: yeah I guess it does sound like he is selling the stuff but most people who really like a product start to sound like in thier enthusiasm for whatever it is, I guess the cutting and pasting directly from a products web site too much doesnt help!!

Why don't you go to http://www.supplementsonline.co.nz....it seems the write-up was copied and pasted from there.

That'll be my fault... :grin:

We asked reviewers to provide the nutritional details and the product's claims, which we suggested copy-and-pasting from the supplier's website. It means everyone knows what's in the product, and whether it does what it claims to do.

However, I can see there could be a problem distinguishing the supplier's claims from the review. I've edited the above post to include quotes to make it more obvious, and I'll change the "Review Instructions" sticky to suggest others do the same.

8)

have tried it and it works allright, i think the best part of it is that it is cheap, but that might just be the strength of the dollar at the moment. Just a standard protein sup, i don't think i could rave about it too much. however it does taste good (like all US supplements)

Yep, I'd agree.

Taste - 4/5... I tried chocolate, which was a bit sweet for my taste, personally. I prefer it to be less sweet, then you can add glucose if needed post-workout.

Mixability - 3/5... pretty good, and mixes well with a teaspoon, but it seems to reach a point just short of the recommended serving size where a few lumps start to form.

Consistency - 3/5... When made to the recommended serving, it's a good consistency (some shakes are almost like drinking wallpaper paste). The few lumps are a bit strange though - they kind of have the gluggy, sticky texture of wet cornflour.

Other notes: This powder seems to have a strong static charge. The little grains of powder cling to the outside of the scoop like iron filings on a magnet, then jump off as I pour it into the shake. It's quite interesting watching them, but it does make a mess. I've never had this problem with any other brand of powder, but two batches of the Bioplex have done it! Anyone else discovered this?!

Overall, great value for money.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

First post, hope you like it.

I just bought this protein and tried it for taste this arvo..seems fine to me and it mixed well. Got 10lb bucket from http://www.xtremenutrition.co.nz for $150NZ and the profile on the outside on the can looks good to me. Read this review and thought this was funny. I don't know where this guy gets his pricing from? You just have to watch those web reviews, they're soo loaded.

Review from http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tietge9.htm

Bioplex WheyPlex

Highlights: None.

Drawbacks: Price.

Mixability: 1/5

Taste: 1/5

Texture: 2/5

Profile: 3/5

Overall: 7/20

Reviewers Thoughts (not motorwaynes): Bioplex WheyPlex is definitely the worst tasting and worst mixing protein I have ever had! The price is higher than most other five pounders as well. There is no reason to buy this protein unless you are looking to experiment.

» Overall: 7/20

End of review

Note:

On second thoughts, this looks like an Optimum fan site

Cheers

motorwayne

I don't know where this guy gets his pricing from? You just have to watch those web reviews, they're soo loaded.

Dude - you've come in on the ass end of a thread that is well over 2 years old - no wonder your prices don't add up :lol:

Nice first post! retard.gif

:pfft:

Pseudonym: I wasn't my review dude.

If you read the whole thing, I said I thought it mixed and tasted good, and that the quality was good.

The review was from some other dude on the web, I said I thought HIS review was funny and that he sounded like a ON fanboy.

On another note: I compared the BCAA list on the back of a can of "Balance" 100% Whey Protein WPC/WPI, with the list on the back of Bioplex "Wheyplex", and the Bioplex stuff has a better profile all round.

Good value to @ $150 for 10lbs.

Oki doki...

Been using this stuff for a week now and here is my review.

Mixes badly - But I did some thinking and thought it might be a bad mix due to larget (10lb) container letting in a bit of oxygen. So (laugh now) I stuck the whole lot through a hand sifter, like you do with icing sugar! and it came right!, mixes heaps better. (7/10)

Taste - OK, but better with two scoops, real chocolate tasting (8/10)

Profile - This has a better BCAA profile than "Balance" 100% Whey Protein WPC/WPI" and 4grams of Glutimine per serve aswell, so it makes for a decent profile. (for a combo WPC/WPI blend it is 9/10)

Value - Was offer 3kg of the above Balance stuff today for $125 which is $41.66 a kg or protein. The wheyplex is $150 for a little over 4.5kg = $33 kg. Essentially, manufacturer vs manufactuer specs, the Wheyplex represents better value. (10/10)

Gains - I'm only a small body hardgainer at 75kg start out weight, 7 days later I'm 76.6kg (For a low carb protein, I think that is a good result for 1 week 8/10)

All in all, I'd recommend it, if you want a low cost good value Why protein blend! It's American made, gotta be good for you :-)

Available at http://www.xtremenutrition.co.nz

Cheers

motorwayne