Your cooking habits

Pseudonym

I've been working on a new improved website for us (what better way to spend your summer?!) and I've come to the recipes section. I want to know how we can improve this to meet everyone's needs better. So...

Tell me about your cooking habits. What type of food do you cook? How experienced a cook are you? Do you use complicated recipes, or is your cooking more "assembly-style" where you just throw things together? Or is assembly too much effort, and you live on plain chicken breast? What tools have you got in your kitchen? etc, etc...

The more info you can give me, the better this section will be. :)

I'm 19, live in a flat situation with an under equipt kitchen, I have almost no cooking experience.

The only things I cook is chicken breast in the oven, beans and broccoli on the boil and Kumara occasionally.

Very litte variation, although have more recently thought of the idea of toying with some homemade protein bars using various recipes from the net and this site.

I have no knowledge base to just cook "assembly style" so everything is to the recipe.

I'm sure i represent a fairly small portion of the members, but thats my 5cents (now 10cents)

My cooking is generally pretty boring.

Chicken breast with herbs wrapped in tin foil for 20 mins in the oven. Frozen veges nuked in the microwave & precooked rice also nuked.

I can cook a really fancy meal if need be but only when I'm impressing the ladies.

Im abit of a cook from way bak,not that i slave over the oven every night but eitha my partner or myself get in there and brew up sumthn tasty as often as possible eitha it be frm conventional recipe or a mixture of that and a few extra ingredients that we think would accompany those particulars 1's.Theres nothing worse than living off tha same shit night after night.

Theres nothing worse than living off tha same shit night after night.

Amen to that....

Mind you, right now I've got 56 more days of the same stuff...the only variety is which masterfoods stuff gets shaken on the roast chook :cry:

I guess I'm lucky that I've got a reasonably good kitchen and we don't mind a bit of experimenting, trying things like chinoa (wouldn't bother!) or couscous (yum!) and tabouleh (yum). Love the Breville and the blender!.

The emerging messages y'all prob learned a long time ago, we're really just learning - like shop locally for fruit and veg; shop around the edge of the supermarket for the fresh stuff. Oh, and Moore Wilsons here rocks!

TFB

I'm 19, live in a flat situation with an under equipt kitchen, I have almost no cooking experience.

I'm sure i represent a fairly small portion of the members

See, that's the thing. I'm guessing there are plenty more like you, Laver.

I'll always remember a kid on bb.com... "Help! My parents have gone out and I'm hungry. How do I cook an egg?" He wasn't kidding, either. :disgusted:

I'm sure no-one here's quite that bad, but if you are, 'fess up. We're here to help, and we won't laugh too much.

I'm 20 and flatting. I think my biggest problem is my tiny fridge and freezer. I only have one shelf in the fridge and f*ck all room in the freezer. Currently my portion is filled with frozen chicken breasts that I got for $10 a kilo at the mad butcher (!). I'm not particularly experienced cook but I manage to throw something together. Recently got cooking rice using the absorbtion method down!

I was a professional chef for 7 years ( head chef for a good portion of that time) off season I love to cook, lost of home made fresh pasta, slow cooked meats etc. probably because I no longer do it for a living but in contest mode I have found that the plainer I keep my food (i.e. not to many seasonings or "low fat low sugar" products) the better I look.

I'd be happy to contribute to a recipie section

I was a professional chef for 7 years ( head chef for a good portion of that time) off season I love to cook, lost of home made fresh pasta, slow cooked meats etc.

:shock: Marry me!

I'm quite useless in the kitchen. Im another one that has to keep things simple to make life easier.. and that usually means cooking the same thing over and over again, using the foreman grill and the microwave. Now that I think about it, the only things that I change/cycle are the fibrous veges and the spices/herbs. My partner's exactly the same.

Every now and then I get inspired and will try something new and different but it seems that no one else will eat whatever it is but me lol.

Tell me about your cooking habits. What type of food do you cook? How experienced a cook are you? Do you use complicated recipes, or is your cooking more "assembly-style" where you just throw things together? Or is assembly too much effort, and you live on plain chicken breast? What tools have you got in your kitchen? etc, etc...

Hey Pseud, just re-read your original goal for this thread. One thing I think might be useful is a sticky with links to useful tables eg protein/carb/fat per 100g for common foods...sure, it's probably already in there if you drive the search engine hard, but...newbies like me prolly don't experiment enough out of ignorance of the impact, or (like the dude on tonight's re-run of downsize me) add extras for the same reason.

The web's probably got heaps of those tables, and some of them may even be accurate. Which ones have worked for other folks, and which ones are full of it? :?

Yeah I am a pretty good cook. Have been doing a course for a couple of years now. For dinner I usually have a microwave dinner as we just learnt that in my course.

You have been in a course for a few years and they recently cooked a microwave meal?? is that you tasting it in your avatar? retard. Im sick of reading your stupid posts...