GIRLS how much do you lift?

virgo1978

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh yes yes, I see now, thanks.

Execpt my squats currently don't have any weights attached to it...its just the bar :oops: but I dont care, that WILL change1 :nod:

Hell yeh! Keep at it, that's what makes weight training fun, the challenge.

Of interest NZL is the home of one of the worlds strongest women, Cathy Millen. Cathy had world records in about 5 different weight classes of the IPF Powerlifting Federation.

Her best total (Squat, Bench, Deadlift) at under 90kg BW was 682.5kg from memory, made up of lifts about (cant recall exactly) Sq-260, BP-160, DL-260kg.

Cathy still holds the u90kg Squat world record at 260, the u82.5kg squat record at 257.5, the total record at u90kg at 682.5 all from the early 1990's.

Cathy holds the NZL PLing records in 5 weight classes (in all but one lift!!!):

60 C Millen 190.0 C Millen 100.0 C Millen 200.0 C Millen 487.5

67.5 C Millen 190.0 R Jessop 110.0 C Millen 220.0 C Millen 507.5

75 C Millen 235.0 C Millen 130.0 C Millen 240.0 C Millen 602.5

82.5 C Millen 255.0 C Millen 157.5 C Millen 247.5 C Millen 655.0

90 C Millen 260.0 C Millen 162.5 C Millen 260.0 C Millen 682.5

Hopefully there's some inspiration for gals trying to get strong in NZL?

Nate

Oki doki, I'll start

Squat - max 135kg for 5 with wraps 2 sets

Leg Press - max 500kgs with wraps for 10 full presses not half arsed partials

Shoulder press 36kgs for 8 - 2 sets

Curls - I suck at these 14kg

Deadlift - 160kg for 4 with belt (just wanted to see how much I could lift)

Bodyweight 69kg Height 5.2 - shortarse. Hee

- Did I spew with leg presses - no - nearly got there but no bucket. Training for nearly 17 years this year. I also have my lovely brothers to thank for all the hard work - they train me like I'm a guy, aren't I lucky!!! :pfft:

Holy crap! 500kg Leg Press?! um thats my PB... we talking the 45 degree Leg Press? ( I heard women are strength for strength pretty much equal in the lower body with men). which i'd beleive :pfft:

RESPECT :)

a lady friend once had me in a headlock between her thighs... for a split second there I felt the icey hands of the grim reaper..

• 5 months later...

I like this topic, come on ladies comps are over now and I am guessing alot of us are back into strength training? Lets start posting our lifting achievements and updates.

I just want to be nosey and compare myself, I suspect pretty average after reading the previous posts.

Bags not goin first! :lol:

Can you girls post a pic of your leg press machine, I am interested in seeing what the incline is , I can dead and squat for 10 what alot of you girls are doing for 1rm, but my best legpress is only 360kgs for 3 (45 degrees )

You girls certainly have my respect, they are some pretty impressive weights to be shifting, I'm gonna have to work harder just in case you visit my gym one day!!!!!!

Of interest NZL is the home of one of the worlds strongest women, Cathy Millen. Cathy had world records in about 5 different weight classes of the IPF Powerlifting Federation.

Her best total (Squat, Bench, Deadlift) at under 90kg BW was 682.5kg from memory, made up of lifts about (cant recall exactly) Sq-260, BP-160, DL-260kg.

Cathy still holds the u90kg Squat world record at 260, the u82.5kg squat record at 257.5, the total record at u90kg at 682.5 all from the early 1990's.

Cathy holds the NZL PLing records in 5 weight classes (in all but one lift!!!):

60 C Millen 190.0 C Millen 100.0 C Millen 200.0 C Millen 487.5

67.5 C Millen 190.0 R Jessop 110.0 C Millen 220.0 C Millen 507.5

75 C Millen 235.0 C Millen 130.0 C Millen 240.0 C Millen 602.5

82.5 C Millen 255.0 C Millen 157.5 C Millen 247.5 C Millen 655.0

90 C Millen 260.0 C Millen 162.5 C Millen 260.0 C Millen 682.5

Hopefully there's some inspiration for gals trying to get strong in NZL?

Nate

Yes Nate impressive lifts at that time - but wouldn't of won a beauty pageant! :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

...I been training with a woman that competes as Figure Class since the beginning of the year.... I've trained with women Physique Class competitors & weightlifter/powerlifters before so don't get me wrong, I have no issues training with women,..but "FIGURE CLASS"!!!..bunch of barbies!!...I had my doubts as to how this was all going to work out...

After a few tweaks to training routines I have to admit she does very well with regards all aspects of training...good form, intensity, consistancey, tenacity, punctuality and definitely no BS excuses....

Weight: very low 50's when competing & not so low 50's when not..

Training weights as extracted from our existing routines....

BB Bench Press: 60kg (5-6 reps, bar within 1cm of touching chest)

DB Bench Press: 22.5kg (6-8 reps, edge of plates barely touching outer chest)

BB Curls: 20kg (5-6 reps)

BB Squats: 60kg (6-8reps, thighs well below parallel, butt almost touching calves)

45 deg Leg Press: 200kg (6-8 reps, calf presses using same weight)

Wide Pulldowns (to front): 60kg (5-6 reps)

Wide Pulldowns (to behind head): 48kg (5-6 reps)

DB Side Raises: 9kg (8-10 reps)

DB Seated Presses: 20kg (5-6 reps)

wow im impressed those stats are wicked. Theres is no trainers or spotters in this gym but when i find one im gona give the shoulder presses a try. I'm doing floor zero squats but not at those weights, 45kg for 10 reps four sets. I only curl 15 kg 10reps four sets. Havent done leg press for ages swapped these for jumping squats 70kg 10reps super setted with db walking lunges 10kg 4 sets. Im swaping gyms soon got Wayne Halkyard from the other gym as my trainer for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Today was AWESOME, I did Legpress!

8 x 260kg

8 x 260kg

8 x 280kg

and then 8 x 300kg

What a buzz, that was at my PT's gym and I think alot of legpress machines are different I have the feeling that I am not so strong on the one at the gym (seems to have a different angle) will have to try next week.

But who cares anyway I still busted it out. :lol:

I would love to see a female legpress 500kg's I think that's amazing, what a mission getting all those plates on :wink: