My Log: The Journey to 85Kg

Simo

The Best Damn Uni Around. Massey.

Im not doing sport science or anything tho. Hence all the dumb quesiotns haha. i got no bench at home, so i can only do stuff sitting or standing. But never the less i manage to do quite a bit, especially delts.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saturday.

Deadlifts

60 x 8

80 x 8

90 x 6

100 x 4

110 x 2 (easy as)

120 x 1 (fail)

Lat pulldown

48 x 10

54 x 10

60 x 6

60 x 6

DB row

25.5 x 10

DB curls

12 x 10

12 x 10

12 x 10

DB hammers

12 x 10

12 x 10

12 x 10

Not alot of time today, seems to be a recurring theme. Did the curls at home. DL were good, but there was no way that 120 was going up, i could have done it but i was too gone by that stage. next time maybe, keep in mind pb = 125kg. Also weighed myself, and came in at 71.50kg. so yeh dunno whats going on there, i dont do it regualrly or at a certain time of the day, so yeh, hoping the loss is just water or something.

Cheers guys,

as all the uni ppl here will no, it is a stressful time (esp for dumb ppl, ie me) so my exams start soon and i must pass them, id much rather be going to the gym and eating of course.

Also, no pain today, usually DL give me a pretty sore back, but it feels ok, i mustnt have gone hard enough.

Cheers guys,

as all the uni ppl here will no, it is a stressful time (esp for dumb ppl, ie me) so my exams start soon and i must pass them, id much rather be going to the gym and eating of course.

Also, no pain today, usually DL give me a pretty sore back, but it feels ok, i mustnt have gone hard enough.

i hope your talking about muscular soreness. not back pain.. if your getting back pain you're using bad form.

yep exams soon 4 me too.. fun eh

muscle soreness for sure jono, i know that bad form is not good, esp DLs. i find my legs are gone before the lower back tho, any ideas to bring them up to par, some ham ex maybe...

Good luck with ur exams man.

sldl really blast the hams real good.

i find when doing dls my legs get worked over hard too, not so much my hams, more my quads.

thanks man.. best of luck to u as well

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday (Tuesday)

Cable Row

54 x 12

60 x 10

66 x 8

72 x 6

78 x 5

DB Row

25.5 x 8

30 x 8

Wide Grip Chinz

BW x 5

BW x 6

Cable Curl (2 pulley)

36 x 10

48 x 7

54 x 7

60 x 7

66 x 4

Cable Pushdown (2 pulley)

30 x 10

36 x 8

42 x 8

48 x 8

DB Hammers

8.5 x 10

10 x 10

11.5 x 8

13 x 8

Concentration Curl

11.5 x 8

DB Curl

11.5 x 7

BB Row thing (this is the one where u lie on the bench and pull up)

20 x 15

50 x 7

Lat pulldown

48 x 10

54 x 8

60 x 4

Shrugs

122 x 8

Tri pushdown (single pulley)

33 x 8

39 x 1 (damn)

Dips

BW x 10

Well i had a bit of a break, but finished all my assignments, so im back into it, with this huge w/o. Didnt do deads as i wanted to feel strong and usually deads take it out of ya pretty bad. Pushing tris hard now, arms are puny.

Thats a pretty good workout man! Some of those lifts are really good. I hate that BB row thing, its the one where you lie flat on your gut and pull a bb up aye? ive never really felt this works anything particularly well.

Yeh thats the one, it didnt feel like it was working the back, more the arms and trying to keep balanced was harder than pulling it up, thin bench see.

Yeh im really trying to get my back strong, want that big back shape, its coming along nicely.

Yeh im really trying to get my back strong, want that big back shape, its coming along nicely.

My back was fairly average untill i added in weighted pullups and began doing wide grip chin, now i feel i am getting some good development happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Psyd you would be proud i wore the T-shirt to my exam.

Now i dont want my fellas thinking i been slacking.

Id much rather be at da gym than valuing options and such but hey.

I been doing curls and other DB stuff nearly everyday just to keep up,

dont think ive lost much strength, plus cause ive just been at home i been eating like a mofo.

Last exam tomorrow, and after that il be hitting dat gym again.

P.S good to see some new jounrals

Psyd you would be proud i wore the T-shirt to my exam.

Now i dont want my fellas thinking i been slacking.

Id much rather be at da gym than valuing options and such but hey.

I been doing curls and other DB stuff nearly everyday just to keep up,

dont think ive lost much strength, plus cause ive just been at home i been eating like a mofo.

Last exam tomorrow, and after that il be hitting dat gym again.

P.S good to see some new jounrals

:grin: glad to hear you doing some quality advertising during exams man :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

Well i am back, i been away for all of the uni hols, and so have done f**k all. But back into it today and it was good, real good, except now i can hardly walk. have got some clear goals now, as have to look good by the end of the year. i put on some weight now about 76kg up from 71kg, so thats good but 3000-4000 cals isnt enough anymore, im pretty much staying the same, so have to eat even more me thinks (sigh).

Today.

Dead Lifts

60 x 8

80 x 8

100 x 6 (damn)

BB Bench

40 x 15

50 x 12

60 x 7 (can u say weak)

Row (machine)

54 x 8

60 x 8

66 x 8

Incline DB Press

13.5 x 8

21.5 x 8

Flyes (machine)

39 x 12

51 x 8

57 x 4

Just a solid mix today to get back into the swing of things. DLs were hard but good as usual, Bench is crap (but i pretty much just do DB now). Yeh i really feel good and am determined to reach my goals and bust out some new pbs. BTW damn this forum has been busy in my absense, heaps more journals, good stuff people.

Todays Workout.

Dead Lift

60 x 8

80 x 6

100 x 6 (these feeling good now)

Cable Row

48 x 12

48 x 10

60 x 10

66 x 8

72 x 7

Shrugs (machine)

78 x 12

84 x 12

Shrugs (DBs)

40 x 10 (good as)

DB Row

20 x 8

23.5 x 8

26.5 x 8 (these feel real good, do more next time)

Lat Pulldown

54 x 8

60 x 8

Cable Bicep Curl (2 pulley)

54 x 8

Wide Grip Chins

BW x 2 (tired as now after pulldown)

Felt real good today, felt i made progress, taking a while to recover still but im definately starting to get that lifting bug again. :pfft: Havent got any supps at the mo, so just having eggs and milk afterwards. Also started having flaxseed oil straight as i ran out of the capsule ones, its pretty bad but tollerable. Biceps feel pretty worked and clocked up 3800cal. all and all a good day.