biggest that you can get without steroids

haydz0r

Hello!

I was wondering what the biggest the "average joe (genetics wise)" can get without steroids assuming they train properly, adequate diet/rest etc. Can people post up pics of people at their peak that they know have no used steroids at all. I know there is a lot of variables, but I'm more interested in seeing what others have accomplished without steroids. Its hard to find pics on the internet, because im sure most of the people who say they are all natural have used or are still using.

:)

It really depends on your genes, diet, the way that you train and how long you have been training. My husband has been training for 17 years (cruising for about 5 of those). He is just under 6ft 3in tall, so pretty hard to put the muscle on and without the use of gear it is difficult to get that 'thickness' of the muscle that he wants. He wants to stay natural, and I admire him for that.

post-1587-14166817817425_thumb.jpg

well how can u know when u have reached yr genetic potential? maybe u have stopped gaining and think u have... though had u have done some things different along the way u would have got better results...?

u will never know when u have reached your full genetic potential imo

besides there is always room for improvment no matter who u are

I think with proper mass building diet and the right programmes etc as most of us do, that one can get as big as any steroid user following a similar lifestyle with the exact same genetic make up.

The one using steroids may show change earlier.

But for someone with right time on there hands and the right supp's can in all probability achieve the same results not long after, if not in the same amount of time.

Im sure there's been studies made compering the two.

Great Topic!!!!!! :P

I think from medical research, the amount of lean muscle mass the human body can put on is rather limited - let's say its 1-4 lbs per annum at best.

So in effect, I would say that people illustrate they have exceptional results after only 2 years, then in reality they have acheived what would have normally taken alteast 10 years, if not more in many cases.

That's not to say, you can't train well, gain strength, aerobic and non-aerobic fitness, but the notion of gaining kilos of lean msucle mass as per some advertisements without gear in a limited amount of time is erroneous as far as I am concerned.

I can only base what I know about growth off my own experiences...

I have remained completely natural (with the ONLY suppliments I have taken being Creatine, Kre-Alkaline, Glutamine, and Protein powder) yet have gone from a lean 87kg to a still fairly lean (around 13%bf) 114kg in 2.5-2.7 years - A result only normaly found with a fairly heavy roid user I am told.

Genes make a huge difference, but so do strict training regimes and adequate nutrition. Giving up the booze completely a couple of months ago is making a BIG difference!

Only when you see someone in an extreme condition do you realise the physical difference of a user vs a non user...

I dont think 22inch arms are all that natural, but until I hit my peak I will not know how far I can take it - being just 21 I hope I still have a while to go. :P

So in short terms, train hard, eat well, and see how far you can take it. I would take normal sized balls and clean skin over roids anyday 8)

I think with proper mass building diet and the right programmes etc as most of us do, that one can get as big as any steroid user following a similar lifestyle.

wrong im sorry

Yeah no chance of that, just have to look at olympia contestants and natural olympia contestants to see there is a massive gap. I have respect for both though

I think with proper mass building diet and the right programmes etc as most of us do, that one can get as big as any steroid user following a similar lifestyle with the exact same genetic make up.

obviously you don't know any guys that use steroids. :pfft:

obviously you don't know any guys that use steroids. :pfft:

Im a big guy and I dont use stereos

Ok, I've heard the above quite a bit lately, especially in bodybuilding circles. From what I've read on here, the general consensus is that genetics can only take you so far :shifty:

What I want to know is.. how do you know when you've 'reached' your genetic potential? How do you know that you've exhaused all your avenues in terms of diet/training/rest? Is there a definitive way to know that you have done all you can with your genetics?

shrug.gif