NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Davo1990

Personal Trainer Courses

if your friend was continually getting injured then i think he was doing something very wrong .
.........................I would suggest he was getting injured not because of technique but because he was jumping into his heaviest weights with no warm up :shock: - I understand this is what he was taught, if not then he should not have been qualified (as you have acknowledged) or their one set system is flawed.

If that is their system of one set (he was going for 10 reps) I leave to you to confirm.

incorrect

5min warm up

then a warm up on body part you are working

then 1 working set until failure

want to go for a ride down the motorway on a 1000cc motorbike without a helmet and blindfolded?- don't knock it til you've tried it :wink:

hahhaa, nice one.

Sometimes you don't have to directly experience something to know it's not the best of ideas.

if your friend was continually getting injured then i think he was doing something very wrong .
.........................I would suggest he was getting injured not because of technique but because he was jumping into his heaviest weights with no warm up :shock: - I understand this is what he was taught, if not then he should not have been qualified (as you have acknowledged) or their one set system is flawed.

If that is their system of one set (he was going for 10 reps) I leave to you to confirm.

incorrect

5min warm up

then a warm up on body part you are working

then 1 working set until failure

So that would put you in the "shouldn't have been qualified by them" camp, let alone working for them?

the course is a crock of shit. im qualified but im not stupid to think thats how i would train or train other people. its was an expensive stepping stone to getting in the business.

lol which didnt work out for me at ALL

they offer good general knowlage on nutrition and anatomy and help with sales and business skills which is cool.

but all in all its a scam for MAX to get rich quick

wonder why I dont get injured then must be lucky aye just like dorian yates and mike mentzer they both did single set training and both were Mr olympia you cant say the training system duznt work if you havent tried it just like how traditional training systems get proven to work why bcoz people try it and they still get injured but keep going bak to the same exercises that injured them funny how that happens but every1 to themselves I guess if you do wat you do and are happy thats fine but remeber there is more than 1 way to skin a cat 8)

yea it actually has science to back up some of it claims (1rM training)

most people just wouldnt train a client like that because it doesnt seem like you are giving them a really intense workout if u no what i mean

it may make sense buuuuuut would people pay you 70 hour to do 45 mins training (1rep max full body) and 10 mins stretching....

its actually not a 1 rep max program it utilises a single workset to failure the reps are up to the client whether they are a beginner trainer intermediate or advanced and the workouts are very intense if done correctly and yes people pay for them its not just the workout they are getting if you go to most gyms the P.T"s dont even care for their clients they dont engage with them so the client leaves which ends in them not achieveing their goals az my clients will invest from 65-80 for a 30min session and they love the stretching az it helps with recovery and is also exceptional service and they get great results in alot less time so they keep coming back but yes when I was first told the system I laughed because i also thought wat a load of bullshit but was offered 1500 cash to give it a go and if I didnt get results I would be payed in cash and within 2 weeks i was bigger and stronger and I realise the only thing stopping me was my ego and I threw it aside and now have more time to do the things i want but also get the gains i desire

wonder why I dont get injured then must be lucky aye just like dorian yates and mike mentzer they both did single set training and both were Mr olympia

Mike Menzter was never Mr Olympia

Dorian Yates RETIRED because of his injuries training this way

Dorian Yates turned PRO and continued doing multi set training, a number of warm ups then one Working set, his warms ups were heavy though - watch Blood and Guts, he turned Pro doing 2 working sets per exercise.

I love that style of training and incorporate it into my schedule with other systems- one size does not fit all.

its actually not a 1 rep max program it utilises a single workset to failure the reps are up to the client whether they are a beginner trainer intermediate or advanced and the workouts are very intense if done correctly and yes people pay for them its not just the workout they are getting if you go to most gyms the P.T"s dont even care for their clients they dont engage with them so the client leaves which ends in them not achieveing their goals az my clients will invest from 65-80 for a 30min session and they love the stretching az it helps with recovery and is also exceptional service and they get great results in alot less time so they keep coming back but yes when I was first told the system I laughed because i also thought wat a load of bullshit but was offered 1500 cash to give it a go and if I didnt get results I would be payed in cash and within 2 weeks i was bigger and stronger and I realise the only thing stopping me was my ego and I threw it aside and now have more time to do the things i want but also get the gains i desire

You want to post up pics of these gains and vids of your massive lifts?

come see for yourself I aint up to your level but from wea I started at 58kg and only being able to bench 30kg i think ive made quite an improvement

wonder why I dont get injured then must be lucky aye just like dorian yates and mike mentzer they both did single set training and both were Mr olympia

Mike Menzter was never Mr Olympia

Dorian Yates RETIRED because of his injuries training this way

Dorian Yates turned PRO and continued doing multi set training, a number of warm ups then one Working set, his warms ups were heavy though - watch Blood and Guts, he turned Pro doing 2 working sets per exercise.

I love that style of training and incorporate it into my schedule with other systems- one size does not fit all.

sorry my bad about the mike mentzer bit but yea thats wat im doing 1-2 sumtimes 3 warmup sets then 1 working set to failure but my warmup sets the reps stay below 8 so they are nice and heavy i find it better than trying to pump out 4 sets to failure az after the 1st if you went heavy enuf the second wuld make you drop down in weight

Hi, I recently completed by PT course through Max College (was NZ college of fitness), to be honest, who wants to spend years thrashing it out in college when you can be out working and earning. I did the part time one which was 2 night 3 hours each and all day Saturday. 6 months in total to complete. Yes it is abit naff as far as the training side is concerned, but I was already a PT in North Canterbury, so pretty much new my stuff, just wanted to brush up on anatomy and physiology, and get my REPs. Personally I think if you have zero experience this is not the course for you because I can't imagine any client being satisfied with a boxing session, push, pull and legs workout. Doc is abit of an arshole, likes to make a fool of students. After you separate the bullshit from the reality, its quick, intense but you are in and out.

Good luck

Hi I have been looking for information on Max college because my 18year old daughter has just signed avery harsh contract with them to do their 12 week course in auckland paying $8800 at $100 per week . They will charge penalties of an extra $105 for each late or failed payment, and contract cannot be cancelled for any reason whatsoever. She also had to sign an acceptance criteria outlining expected behaviour and attendance, giving them the right to ask you to leave if standards are not met. Of corse the money is non-refundable. I am extremely concerned that they are a money scam. Has anyone tried to cancel a contract with them? I would like my daughter to get out before she starts the course and is totally bound to it.

Hi,

I don’t think there are many people these days who would be surprised to find out that being sedentary isn’t a healthy lifestyle choice. However, I do think a lot of people will be surprised to find out that exercise proper exercise cannot undo the damage caused by sitting too much.

All the best !

Online pharmacy

My previous gym partner did a PT course there and from what he told me, guys were coming out with qualifications who had no idea how to do, let alone show other people how to do, basic exercises.

You talking bout NZIS Wellys? I went there, waste of my time, only learnt about the body etc, f*ck all about exercise

My previous gym partner did a PT course there and from what he told me, guys were coming out with qualifications who had no idea how to do, let alone show other people how to do, basic exercises.

You talking bout NZIS Wellys? I went there, waste of my time, only learnt about the body etc, f*ck all about exercise

Yep