NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Laver

Cream of rice OR Creamed Rice

I'm trying to find all the items for a new diet im putting together,

One such item is "Cream of Rice"

So far I have been unable to find this in the supermarkets, I can however find "Creamed Rice", but they offer different nutritional values,

Cream Of Rice, per 100g is around

1g protein,

11g carbs

- .1g Sugar

.1g Fat

Creamed Rice is more like..

7g Protein

40g Carbs

- 30g Sugar

1g fat, (this is 99% fat free variety)

Where Can i find the Cream of Rice that im actually after?!?!?!

creamed rice is good!

it is actually only 8% rice tho per can fom memory

:) depends what one you get, aparantly the really tasty one is 8%, but quite alot are 40%!

still rubbish as a pure carb sorce tho.

depends what one you get,

well wat one do u get?

if your gona eat that shit at all u may as well gte the one that tastes good at least dont u think?

Lol, Watties 99%fat free creamed rice, vanilla.

But im not gona eat that shit, its not the shit i want, really looking for cream of rice, but slightly dis enthused by it now, seeing its so hard to find.

Well, Ive seen them mentioned on different sites, all american, im not sure myself yet, recent info would suggest its a type of breakfast cereal type product, similar to Oatmeal, but rice based, you'd have to look into it yourself if you want to know more, no luck finding it in New Zealand supermarkets.

I tried looking for it just now and couldn't find anything in NZ either headscratch.gif I totally sympathise with your plight though.. hate trawling through supermarkets looking for stuff I've seen online and not finding it. And the supermarket staff are like huh.gif when asked questions about what aisles they could be on or whatever.

Not sure if its the same thing, but this site has a recipe for Cream of Rice shrug.gif

hehe that cream of rice sounds good but not what im after :D

think i might just have to give it a miss, stick to some normal carb rich foods..... thanks guys!

You can get rice flour and cook it up the same way you'd do porridge. Has a smoother consistency though. I used to eat it years ago (with heaps of sugar tho!)

Edit: The absorption rate for the carbs changes slightly, gets in faster I think.

Looks like cream of rice is just a course type of rice flour, it should have the consistency of sand when dry. Like semolina, which can be known as cream of wheat.

edit: just looked at the dates on the original posts, looks like we're a bit late