Anybody Else Out There Crazy Enough To Diet Over Xmas?

rollesbygirl

I am into day three of my diet for first comp next year,still dont have a confirmed date but should be April.

Not feeling too bad but just come home from walk and about to hit the gym and thought I wonder if anybody else is this nutty to be doing this now. A few people I know said they would rather do it in the New Year but is there ever a time when you wont be giving something up?

Biggest challenge this week will be my work function :shock: :shock:

Yep...on a diet thru jan :(

But hey, it's better than blowing out...I think the run-up to Xmas is harder than afterwards - last week was party-central, and if I ever see another sausage roll it'll be too soon :)

Good luck

TFB

(and what was I doing in the ladies' room? I take good advice wherever I find it!)

Can't say I've actually started dieting...but I have started to 'clean up' the diet a little. The step before diet to mentally prepare. Food isn't really the problem I have.......it's all the booze!

Seems I'm more than happy to drink when the boss is payin!

I'm with you Flamer - I can eat pretty clean without too much trouble... Have been really good with alcohol until about a week ago. Actually it started with the Movember gala party and all good intentions aside, I've been drinking wayyyy too much :shock:

So hard to say no to free booze though!!

Im eating clean - will have a day off on Chrissy day and then New Years Day.

Ive had a few cheats over the past couple of weeks; work function and a celebration or two. I hate the feeling afterwards. My bod feels sluggish and bloated when its not fueled properly.

Am currently on a 2 week detox up till Sat 22nd - trying the Xenadrine Detox, so far so good!!

Well sounds like everybody is much the same. I was eating pretty clean in preparation for the last year or two with not much cheating and thought the contest diet would be a slight variation from that - so wrong could I be..... when I saw the diet in print I spent the next three days eating and drinking everything like it was the last supper.

Teamfatboy - dont worry we venture in the boys rooms too, agreed you might find something interesting

Flamer and KooKoo - agreed I will miss the kahlua and diet coke on holiday this year, sipping water aint the same on the gold coast, theres a reason water isnt cheaper duty free eh?

Sheta - I bet you are at the worst end - adjusting to non contest bod, I am at the excited stage I think of each morning I wake up feeling a step closer to that final result especially for the first time.

I have done okay today with the diet, although working in a job where you are in and out is a challenge with strictly timed regular eating so took my chiller bag in the car - quite nice eating on the side of the road hehehehe

Just realised why I feel tired, that last post was a whole twelve hours since the first one and I have only just finished work - egad! now the home stuff - do you girls find that hard also, juggling jobs, families and the extra cardio before and after......

I manage to juggle it okay. Work, study, keeping the family happy and managing to train aswell. I find cooking my meals a day or two ahead keeps me in check, bugger spending all the time in the kitchen!

Agree the cooler bag - I couldnt live without mine and a few slicker packs!

:D

Being able to eat tuna or salmon must make things a lot easier.

Yep - I'm one of those lucky ones that doesn't get sick of tinned tuna and salmon. I have a drawer full at work, along with tins of asparagus and beans and sachets of Uncle Ben's 2 min rice. Plus oatmeal, protein power etc.

I tend to eat this sort of food year round, but with plenty of treats in the off season. I find it funny when people at work comment on me eating a meal of tuna, rice and asparagus for morning tea and they say "oh, but if your last comp was a month ago, why aren't you eating REAL food now?!" :?

You gals are soooo good! I have had a month of treats and now am cleaning myself up food-wise. I have been starting to feel sluggish and really tired and I reckon it's all the extra sugar. Clean eating today and I feel heaps better for it. I just need to look at my comp photos and realise that in all honesty, I can look more like that year round rather than how I'm looking now. Bikinis are beckoning and it is hard convincing people you do Figure (body-sculpting to them) classes when you have tummy rolls again instead of tummy wrinkles!!

wats a chick doing at a movember party thats abit scary!

Having a freakin hilarious night, that's what! :grin:

I tend to eat this sort of food year round, but with plenty of treats in the off season. I find it funny when people at work comment on me eating a meal of tuna, rice and asparagus for morning tea and they say "oh, but if your last comp was a month ago, why aren't you eating REAL food now?!"

Yeah I know, what is it with that?! Like eating cakes and muffins is more normal than tuna and rice?! :roll:

post-1476-14166817815225_thumb.jpg

Looking good KooKoo. Great outfit.

Hey welcome Monty, long time no talk. I'm in the same boat as you, too much sugar after the comp, so doing a much needed detox! Feel better for it.

As for dieting over Christmas, not so much... just the basics: keeping in good clean food with a relaxed attitude when it comes to having a few treats over the holiday season. Still training hard - great to lift heavy when not on resticked diet. Last year I was the only 1 of my work mates who lost weight over the holidays. :pfft:

• 5 weeks later...

Okay so now everybodies over the Xmas and New Year celebrating and getting back to work, I have been Ms Boring pants and been dieting, however feeling fabulous so quite please with myself,,,,,, now are there any people out there starting to diet for this year - love to hear how its going, feeling like nigella no friends at present as most people I know who do it seem to do September so they are still EATING up a storm.

Hey chikky, been meaning to ask how you got on. If you stuck to it your a freakin legend!!! I "cleaned" up my diet, with multiple slips, but still managed a 2kg drop :D

So, essentially, it all starts now. Back to work and back to routine. Are you aiming for a particular comp?

Good on you for a drop - thats pretty nice work! Yes I managed to stay 100%, it was a challenge at times, we were holidaying in Aus for two weeks with teenagers so you name it, the temptation was in front of me, but a very good friend of mine has a nice philosphy "think of yourself half naked in front of all those people and then ask yourself "is it really worth the cheat" and by some miracle I have kept to the plan. It does give you a huge sense of power over your own body and mind have to say.

I am planning to do the Christchurch Classic in April, first show omg!! so to date have lost 5.8 kgs, have been doing some odd things mind you, such as baking furiously all of my favorites, then forcing family to eat it all - apparently thats quite normal - ????

have been doing some odd things mind you, such as baking furiously all of my favorites, then forcing family to eat it all - apparently thats quite normal - ????

Oh yeah it's 'normal'! I was doing that for my work mates during my first comp prep, 2nd time I really couldn't be bothered, plus didn't want to waste money cooking things I couldn't eat - much rather spend it on Chicken and veg! Of course the FOOD NETWORK was always on TV at home :roll: