Worst Injury You've got at the gym??

nzmusclemonster

I was doing barbell overhead presses, ripped my rotator cuff dislocating my shoulder, this sent the barbell square on to my head

woke up 2 mins later with blood everywhere and my shoulder halfway round my back

needless to say i was a little sore for a few weeks

• 3 weeks later...

hey you guys that did the blood vessels in your head.....what did it feel like? I was doing a hacksquats the other day and towards the end of my sets got this really tight, hot sensation in the back left corner of my head....stood up and felt a little dizzy / sick and that area of my head was sore for the rest of the night and some of the next day....sound like what you had? what did the docs say or do for ya?

I was 19 at the time and the worst i have had is a stretched rotator cuff that has left me with impingement in the right shoulder. ironic really as at the time it was my left shoulder that was in pain whilst doing a flat bench, later of course the left one was fine and the right one was not. that was 20 years ago and it has never been the same since, stops me benching anything heavy as it just gives out and there is nothing i can do about it. surgery would be an option but when a rotator cuff is not torn (only stretched - as in when say a baseball pitcher (i used to throw alot of javelin and discus etc) reaches the end of his career) the surgery is more expensive and the surgeons harder to find that can or will do it, as it involves cutting the rotator cuff off (the stretched area at the front) then splitting it in two and re-attaching the two strands in a criss crossed fashion so as to gain the tension by shortening them (due to being criss crossed). It happened on my first really big stack - i had been on gear since 16yrs old (due to an older friend) and had played around with tablets etc for a few years and not had any bad sides and not had much gain so i decided to try jabs and stack alot just to see (this was really because i was invited to enter my first amateur comp - which i came third in) - so i was stacking 3 parabolan (thise were the days!) with 600mg of cyp, 400mg of decca, 25mg a day of d-bol and 30 mg a day of anavar (oxandrolone) - i was triaing twice a day with a sleep in the middle and a 20 miles cycle after the second session (as my active rest) - everything was going great then i got some stretch marks on my legs and thought id finish the week and take some time out (maybe a week or two) then in that same week my bench went from 125kg to 165kg in one week that was the problem - i wasnt even trying was the thing - it seemed effortless and even though i hurt my shoulder i felt like i could carry on.

my worst non gym but gym related injuries were to do with needles...lol...i am sure we have all had them! i once experimented after reading about esiclene (which i could not source) and thought i would put boldenone undecylonate into my biceps for some peak OH MY GOD! i could not straighten my arms for 2 weeks and lifitng a tin of beans was agony. Another was when once felt as though i was running out of places to pin that weren't tender, i opted for the thigh, i did not bank on hitting a tendon! pain for a week at least no legs training of any kind and had to lie to the wife! (as she would have killed me!...)

I did hear that a guy burst a testicle squating once and a friend who witnessed it passed out from just seeing it - the squater did not know apparently.

have to say that feel sorry for all the guys that have heart attacks during the "worlds strongest man" comps too.

thats all folks!

Alex