4 months in

FireGoddess

Ok - for the first 3 months, I was supposed to be building up some mass - I was doing well until in the 3rd month, I had some issues with travelling and didnt follow the diet for about a week. I ended up losing muscle mass and for the last month, I've been trying to put it back on. My diet has consisted of the following:

M1: oats, lite peaches, flaxseed oil & protein powder

M2: protein shake w/half banana

M3: 150g chicken / steak / fish with 1/2cup brown rice or kumara + vegis+ flax

M4: either protein shake (same as above) or yoghurt & whey

M5: chicken / steak / fish with vegis

M6: yoghurt w/ whey serve + flax

Was also taking L-Glutamine pre-workout and at night

Training split - Weight training Monday, Wed, Fri & saturday (1 body part each most days, 2 some days) and very limited cardio - ie 2-3 sessions 40mins bike. Not allowed to run or kickbox anymore.

After the above routine for 1 month, weight loss was about 1 kg, body fat still dropped but no real sizable mass....or maybe its just me?

my bodyfat measurements over the last few months are -

March 5, April 2nd, May 4

Ab - 12 / 10 / 10

Bicep - 10 / 9 / 7

Tricep - 15 / 13 / 10

Supra iliac - 8 / 9 / 9

Subscap - 10 / 9 / 10

Weight - 62 / 61 / 60

measurements - April 2, May 4

waist - 69 / 67

hips - 93.5 / 93

Rt thigh - 54 / 52

Rt bicep - 27 / 27

My new training plan is weights 5x week (2 leg sessions) with cardio 3-4 times a week (30-40mins walking or biking) - am also starting carb cycling/depleting (comp is in 6 weeks).

so if anyone has any ideas, let me know please

Thanks!

I would get your bf% read and work out your lbm (just for a good reference) and then drop the cardio for four weeks and continue your weight training and your diet and THEN get the bf% checked again and lbm in 4 weeks time and if it is all satisfactory, continue in that vain for four more weeks and re-check body fat.

If you have been training at night, I would also recommend changing the training to mornings if you can. Keeps your cortisol levels down for the evening and will probably have more anabolic hormones through the night then. Just subtle changes and keep the diet the same and concentrate on progressing in weights.

If in a months time you have gained mass but have gained some bf, then reintroduce ONE session of cardio back for a month. Tweak things little by little.