New to Forums, but not new to training...

SamWelly

Hi Guys,

My names Sam.

I work for Les Mills in Wellington as Membership consultant, and as a bouncer in town part time.

Let me know of anyone in Wellington who is keen to get started at the gym and I can look at putting a deal together for them :) Just make sure they mention that they are a member of the NZBB forums.

I'm currently training in the Heav :) yweight boxing league with plans to compete next year.

Current stats are:

110kg

13% BF

6 foot 5

Arms 18.5 inches

Waist is under 38 inches.

Most of my training is based around a bodybuilders ruitine, with a lot of emphasis on muscle mass and strength. Currently lifting weights 4-5 times a week with one day with a bodybuilding trainer, boxing training 2 nights a week with a 1 on 1 coach, and a day or two of cardo and core work mixed in.

Started at the gym 2.5 years ago, where my original weight was 86kgs. I am planning to stay as lean as possible, while reaching my goal of 120kg at under 10%BF.

Thats it pretty much!

Here to pick up a few tips, meet some like minded people, and get some referrals for work. Gotta pay for all those sups somehow :lol:

PM or mail me if you would like any info on gym memberships, or anything training related.

Cheers,

Sam.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys :)

I'm getting a caliper test done in about an hour, so I'll chuck my results up. Weighing in at 111kg now.

Started training with Jo Ulburg (6 time national BB champ) last night, so watch this space for more gains! :nod:

As for the photos, not much of a poser myself haha. Will be getting some done closer to the start of the next boxing season. Might have to wait till then....

Ok, so I got my results yesterday.

111kg,

13.3% BF (I'm guessing the extra kilo I've put on in the last week threw it off by half a percent or so).

Me and my trainer are aiming for 10% at 115kg by march 08.

Half a % ? :?

I see 3.5 % ??

So you have put on 20-30kg of muscle in 2.5 years? I say "muscle" as your first claim of 10 % is decent % and you will be able to see your abs at 10% , not paper thin skin by any means but it is leanish so not alot of fat gain with this 20- 30kg muscle gain..

You must be a genetic monster mate , even with chemical support that is quite a feat.

Post pics man and welcome along.

I left les mills because of the posey attitude of people walking round in spandex and females putting on huge amounts of make up before doing intense cardio sessions , dont they realise how they look when that shit starts to run :?

Has that changed? if so I might come back :D

I left les mills because of the posey attitude of people walking round in spandex and females putting on huge amounts of make up before doing intense cardio sessions , dont they realise how they look when that shit starts to run :?

Has that changed? if so I might come back :D

Not too sure about the Wellington Les Mills but Hamilton isnt like that at all. There used to be a few people who wear all the latest labels and were doing their faces as if they were heading for a night on the town for step class but they have finally realised its a waste of time! Hamilton is a hell of lot more casual now!

Sheta

As for the gym, I think you will find that things have changed considerably. I haven't spotted any bright spandex for quite a while fortunatly :lol: The attitude seems great here, both from a customers and an employees perspective.

Flick me a PM with your details and I can give you a bell if your keen on getting started. We have a promotion starting for existing clients I might be able to look at offering to you as a new member.

James, are you the guy from the NZPC forums? I was GTXX_Boy a while ago, I think I posted last year about my progress to date on those forums. If you manage to hunt that down I think you'll find I was around 100kg back then???

So yeah, Start weight of 86-7kg in Feb 05 - around 10% BF at 6 foot 4. Now, 110-112kg, 13.2-13.5%BF at 6 foot 5.5 (I've grown a little taller as I have just turned 21 recently). Arms have gone from from 14inchs, to 18.5 cold. I guess thats around 25-26kg gain, with 20-22kg of it muscle gain.

As for the gym, I think you will find that things have changed considerably. I haven't spotted any bright spandex for quite a while fortunatly :lol: The attitude seems great here, both from a customers and an employees perspective.

Flick me a PM with your details and I can give you a bell if your keen on getting started. We have a promotion starting for existing clients I might be able to look at offering to you as a new member.

James, are you the guy from the NZPC forums? I was GTXX_Boy a while ago, I think I posted last year about my progress to date on those forums. If you manage to hunt that down I think you'll find I was around 100kg back then???

So yeah, Start weight of 86-7kg in Feb 05 - around 10% BF at 6 foot 4. Now, 110-112kg, 13.2-13.5%BF at 6 foot 5.5 (I've grown a little taller as I have just turned 21 recently). Arms have gone from from 14inchs, to 18.5 cold. I guess thats around 25-26kg gain, with 20-22kg of it muscle gain.

Impressive numbers.... Perhaps you could post a photo or two, because I'm sure there are a few sceptics out there.....

I'll have a few professional photos made up in the next week or two.

I've been asked to fly over to Aus to meet up with some cage fighting trainers who want to look at coaching me. My potential sponsor wants to send photos before to the club we commit to anything.

I'll keep you updated - Being tall I never seem to have the bulk look in photos that you get from being shorter. :cry:

What is a good 10 rep deadlift weight?

I've been asked to fly over to Aus to meet up with some cage fighting trainers who want to look at coaching me. My potential sponsor wants to send photos before to the club we commit to anything.

I'll keep you updated - Being tall I never seem to have the bulk look in photos that you get from being shorter. :cry:

10 with 405 is fairly respectable.

I'm sure you don't look unbulky.... 230 at 10% bodyfat.... You should be on stage against Ronnie Coleman!

I'm sure you don't look unbulky.... 230 at 10% bodyfat.... You should be on stage against Ronnie Coleman!

At 6'5", he'd need to be 350.

Agreed :)

I've stood next to our Wellington open class bodybuilding champ (Nick) recently, and I have a looooong way to go :cry:

Hes 6 foot or so and with only 3 kg's more weight (115kg last time I asked) yet he out sizes me by a long way. Height is a killer for bulk! :x

I would be interested to see how much larger I could get if I dropped all the cardio and boxing training. Although I have got a lot stronger recently even with an increase in fast twitch training and endurance boxing rep work.

I've stood next to our Wellington open class bodybuilding champ (Nick) recently, and I have a looooong way to go :cry:

Hes 6 foot or so and with only 3 kg's more weight (115kg last time I asked) yet he out sizes me by a long way. Height is a killer for bulk! :x

I would be interested to see how much larger I could get if I dropped all the cardio and boxing training. Although I have got a lot stronger recently even with an increase in fast twitch training and endurance boxing rep work.

How do you found box training for shoulders? I used to box some years ago and couldnt really do both, and thats at an amateur level.

How do you found box training for shoulders? I used to box some years ago and couldnt really do weigh lifting, I sually found my shoulders way too exausted, and thats at an amateur level.

I find it pretty hard.

My shoulder joints both have dislocated in the past, and I have issues with my shoulder joints.

I have built up my Traps and delts to the extent where I no longer worry about dislocation, but I do get a burning aggriavation in the inner shoulder when Hi reps - Such as you get in boxing training are involved.

I workout on the basis that all muscles and joints can be repaired, and with the right focus all joints can be strengthened or supported by training the sorrounding muscle.

I don't believe in training the joint itself tho. I found physio increased the pain and strain ten fold.

I ussualy train shoulders so that I allow a 3 day rest period before my next intense boxing session.

At 6'5", he'd need to be 350.

I suppose so.... Athough Arnold Schwarzennegger was 6"4 240 pounds. So to look as good as Arnold isn't to bad either...